How can we give a cruise as a door prize

LisadelRio

Hi Y'all,

I'm a lurker from the Celebrity board, but I need some advice concerning Carnival. (We have been on one Carnival cruise and had a great time!)

One of my clients - a fitness center - would like to give a 4 day Carnival Cruise from Galveston for a door prize at their annual member appreciation party. The manager told me tht they looked into it before, but couldn't do it, because they had to specify a date.

I am thinking there must be a way to do this, maybe with a gift certificate or something. Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing?

I'm asking here before calling Carnival, because, well Cruise Critics know stuff that customer reps don't.

:)

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

The agency I used to deal with did this all the time. They can order a "Gift Certificate" from Carnival for a set price including port charges and taxes and when the person wins it, they can take it to a travel agency just like cash and can choose a 3 night cruise with available cabins. There are restrictions like holiday sailings so there has to be a little flexibility. A local spa, car dealership and other business near by were always doing this. It's also a great way to promote a business and they are not that expensive. Give a local agent a call and if that doesn't work, call Carnival directly! Hope this helps!

spacer.gifcertificate.gifspacer.gif

Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit.

Click here for additional terms and conditions.

this might help more.

Sure you can give it away.

Some people just put small print - space available on next cruise available.

Or call Carnival and ask to BOOK and PAY for a cruise for a set date. They will take your money. If the moron on the phone says no, just ask for the sales manager.

I think this may be specifically what you're looking for. I've bought several of these Preferred Awards as incentives for various things, and they've always been great.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Groups_Travel_Preferred_Awards.aspx

(Ignore the "groups" in the URL -- this is the individual version)

We are giving away a cruise for 2 to one of our teachers at the end of the year. Principal sets the criteria and no strings. Not a teacher myself but admire all they give and put up with in this day and age to teach my child!:)

We checked with my TA and she suggested how to do it. A lot like the suggestions on this thread.

778985785_Tiger1-31-04copy.jpg.8c74362a0fcd8e663095beb66b0ce787.jpg

Archived