Lunch Menus NCL STAR Alaska

soohoo

Sunday Embarkation - Ham Roulade, Honeydew Melon, Jalapeno Corn Chowder, Ice-chilled Cream of Banana Soup, Blackened Tilapia w/Jambalaya Rice, Prok Fajitas, Cannelloni, Parisian Bistro Crepes, Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwich, Butterscotch Cream Pie, Warm Chocolate Bread & Rum Pudding, Blackberry Frozen Yogurt

Monday - Italian Style Antipasti Platter, Pineapple Carpaccio, Bouillabaisse, Ice-Chilled Cream of Peach Soup, Baked Cod Fillet Mediterranean Style, Fussili Pasta, Greek Vegetable Moussaka, Cuban Sandwich, Greek Lamb Salad, Lemon Pudding, Apple Fritters, Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt

Tuesday - Cantaloupe Melon w/Proscuitto, Jambal Papaya, Big Easy Cajun Gumbo Soup, Chilled Cream of Potato and Fennel with Chives, Sweet & Sour Grouper, Italian Rigatoni Caprese, Lombardy-style Asparagus Risotto, Philly steak sandwich, Fitness Salad Platter, Cheesy Apple Pie in a glass, Peach Cobbler, Chocolate Frozen Yogurt

Wednesday - Terrien of Seafood in Tarragon Gelee, Hawaiian Bountiful, Scotch Broth Soup, Chilled Blueberry Soup with Port Wine, Cajun Catfish Wraps with Slaw, Fettuccine alla Carbonara, Vegetable Strudel, Hot Reuben Sandwich, Turkey Salad with Grapes and Avacado, Marinated Strawberries, Warm Brooks Range Bread Pudding, Vanilla Frozen Yogurt,

Thursday - Chilled Roast Beef Platter, Black Forest Fruit Salad with Kirschwasser, Black Bean Soup, Chilled Cream of Carrot Soup, Churrasco Flank Steak, Spaghetti Bolognese, Grilled Polenta with Basil Tomato-Concasse, Sandwich with Fried Victoria Perch, Nicoise Salad, Lemon Cream Tart, Scottish Rhubarb Crumble, Blackberry Frozen Yogurt

Friday - Variety of Middle Eastern Vegetarian Treats, Caribbean Fruit Cocktail, Cajun Shrimp and Corn Bisque, Chilled Cream of Apricot and Peach Soup, Traditional English Fish and Chips, Parpadelle Costa Brava, Grilled Suffed Eggplant Rolls, Sliced Roast Beef Sandwich in a Crusty French Roll, Greek Salad with Feta Cheese and Olives, Apple Crisp, Caramelized Apple Tart, Pineapple Frozen Yogurt

Saturday - Baby Shrimp Cocktail, Pina Colada Fruit Coupe, Cream of Broccoli & Almonds, Chilled Floriddian Gazpacho Soup, Grilled Mahi-Mahi Skewer, Linguini Alfredo, Roasted Tofu wtih Sweet Soy Sauce, Italian Meat Patty Sandwich, Grilled Thai Chicken Salad, Coconut-Pineapple Cream Pie, Warm Bread Pudding, Peach Frozen Yogurt

**NOTE: You can always get hamburgers, hot dogs, vanilla & chocolate ice cream etc. which I didn't list on the daily menu.

Thanks soohoo,

I see that my very favorite thing, the rhubarb crumble is now Scottish rhubarb crumble. I wonder if the recipe has changed, or just the name;) .

Also, my favorite embarkation lunch, the mushroom crepes, has either a new recipe or a new name--now Parisian bistro crepes.

The Cuban Sandwich is still a Cuban sandwich but, then, it already had a geographic name:D .

Thanks for taking the time to write them all out for us!

Thank you so much Soohoo for posting this! We are on the Star in just 8 days, and this really gets the juices flowing! I am SO happy to see the chilled fruit soups on the menu. There are a couple of new ones that we haven't seen before and you know we'll be tryin' 'em!:D

The chilled fruit soups are to die for. My favourite was the blueberry. They are so much like milkshakes that you eat out of a bowl with a spoon. Sometimes all I wanted to do was drink it like from a cup. But of course had to be ladylike and mind my manners and eat it properly.

The chilled fruit soups are to die for. My favourite was the blueberry. They are so much like milkshakes that you eat out of a bowl with a spoon. Sometimes all I wanted to do was drink it like from a cup. But of course had to be ladylike and mind my manners and eat it properly.

The very first chilled soup I had was chilled chocolate and cherimoya. It was fabulous! I said then, "This is like a melted milkshake!"

On our cruise on the Star in 2004 we were dining in Versailles and had the cutest, funniest waiter from the Philippines. I don't remember his name now but he got an extra tip and a mention on our comment card at the end of the cruise. Anyway, I ordered the chilled soup for dinner and when he set it down in front of me he said, "Here's your smoothie!"

I always look forward to the chilled soups and had heard that NCL had cut back on them, and they were only for the lunch menus. That's OK, as long as they still have them!:D

During one of our cruises we were told that you can order shrimp cocktail daily even though it was not on the menu. We had all made such a fuss over how good it was that our waiter brought us shrimp cocktail every single day of our cruise. We were a table of 8. Maybe that is still possible ???

You were terrific to post the menu! I can definitely see a difference from the traditional menu "of old."

Include me in the chilled-fruit-soup-lovers-club:D . My favorite was a Papaya and ________ soup that I had on the Sun (The blank was filled with the name of a fruit that was translated to me as "little papaya".) WOW. But I also love the others. cruisequeen10, your comment reminded me that on the Sapphire Princess, they served my chilled fruit soup in a stemmed glass, Pina Colada-style :cool: .

Archived