LauraS

Meet & Mingle Door Signs

Thank you so much for the door sign everyone seemed to love it.

Here is the link to it being in used on Monarch of the Seas, October 2007 4 night Baja Cruise.

Mike:)

Laura,

our cruise leave in a week and a half and we only have 20 people signed up for the meet and mingle.:( is there any way to communicate with other people on the cruise to get them to sign up?

We have the opposite situation......we have ALOT of people on our roll,but since its only 6 days,no OFFICIAL M and M........but of course,we are making our own.:D .

Sorry to say Aggiemother......we jumped ship from your cruise....if we didnt,you would have at least 13 more...:o But no,you arent allowed to contact others....sorry..

Hi

I am trying to attach a countdown clock, all new to us this board forum stuff but when I copy and paste only the url is showing in preview not the picture we used to create the clock from ie the pre-selected ones... I selected from the create your countdown clock... what are we doing wrong.... using a mac

DW and I are headed for Freedom on 5/4/08. I've enrolled on the roll call for FotS - 05/04/2008 and will enroll in the M&M when I do the advanced registration online when I know cabin number. I saw this thread and thought "What a great idea!!" If you haven't located a template for name tags Avery.com has many. And they're the right price -- FREE!!! Just look in their downloads area under templates and their form number for name tags/labels. i am making use of the template for clear labels to print one with font and pitch and color that I want.

I have converted the PDF to a Word (.doc) file, because I couldn't enter data onto the PDF in Acrobat (reader only); but it is too big to attach here. email me, or IM me, if you want a copy and I'll send one to your email addy. I don't have a public webpage I can attach it to either.

Later.

Being a scrapbooker, along with the CC sign, I also pre make the 12X12 scrapbook page with decorations for each day of the cruise. Each Port has their own page decorated to suit what our plans are for that port. Formal Night has it's own etc. I have one page protector which I have attached small magnets in each corner and attach that to the door. Then I just slide the appropriate page into the sleeve each time. Keeps the page secure and clean and then when we return from the cruise I slip these into my scrapbook as the beginning page of each day/event followed by pages of pictures and memorabilia for that day/event. The last three cruises have been groups of friends and I have made signs for everyone's doors. I still see some of the first cruise's door signs as they are on my friends' refrigerators now.:)

Being a scrapbooker, along with the CC sign, I also pre make the 12X12 scrapbook page with decorations for each day of the cruise. Each Port has their own page decorated to suit what our plans are for that port.

That's a really great idea! I have stolen it with a little twist: I got a magnetic frame for 5x8 photos, a bunch of those 4x6 mat stacks and the vellum travel-related quotes & sayings, as well as a bunch of embellishments. My plan is to stick up a quote that relates to my mood or what I plan to do for the day, already matted and embellished, so it can go right into the album with the photos when I get home.

Kate

That's a really great idea! I have stolen it with a little twist: I got a magnetic frame for 5x8 photos, a bunch of those 4x6 mat stacks and the vellum travel-related quotes & sayings, as well as a bunch of embellishments. My plan is to stick up a quote that relates to my mood or what I plan to do for the day, already matted and embellished, so it can go right into the album with the photos when I get home.

Kate

Hey thanks for the additional ideas. Added this to my list of "needs for the cruise" ;)

Wondering about that post where the poster asked if the magnetic door signs would work. They never did get an answer. I am wondering the same!?? Are the doors magnetic? We have magnetic signs we want to use.

Thanks for the reply on this site.:confused:

Royal Caribbean ships have metal doors so the Cruise Critic magnetic signs work just fine. My granddaughters also brought along suction cup hooks and hung Valentine's day decorations on our doors on the Liberty of the Seas Feb 2008. They and their parents had ajoining doors so they linked hearts from door way to door way. How cute it was. We are going to use Shamrocks for our Celebrity Solstice B2B cruises March 15 & 22, 2009. Hope this isn't to late for some of you!

Happy Sailing,:)

Irene & Miles

Is there anyway to edit the door sign for a Med cruise - take off the fish & add pics of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, wine bottles, etc ?

How do I get the CruiseCritic Logo so I can print name tags?

Thanks !!

Hi Laura,

I'm trying to register my friend on our roll call. She's a total wash when it comes to computers and I'm not much better. So, we got her a name ~ booze girl and her password is Ria 123 She was told a message would be sent to her email. She didn't get it, so of course, she can't log in. Can anyone help?

So when is your next preinaugural? Maybe flying to Europe ~ boy, wouldn't that be nice.

Thanks for any help,

Mimi (booze brothers)

The newest version of Adobe lets you enter information on a document that someone authorizes them to do so. If you change the formatting of the sign to allow this feature, we could type in our names and print out the signs with our names on it. Imagine that, each member with his own personalized sign with no additional software other than Adobe. Good Sailing, Murf

So, we got her a name ~ booze girl and her password is Ria 123

Mimi (booze brothers)

I really can't believe you've just done that!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

And btw it does work!!!

this is my first time on this website. i am going on the april 19,2008 liberty cruise with my family (husband, daughter 16, and son 6). i just registered for the meet and mingle and i have no idea really what to do. do i just get on the ship and ask someone where and when? anyone that can help i would appreciate any info you have.

I printed out the sign and scanned it so I can make changes, add my "real" name, etc. Worked great.

this is my first time on this website. i am going on the april 19,2008 liberty cruise with my family (husband, daughter 16, and son 6). i just registered for the meet and mingle and i have no idea really what to do. do i just get on the ship and ask someone where and when? anyone that can help i would appreciate any info you have.

There will be an invitation in your stateroom that will give the time and place. The M&M usually will be Monday late morning. Take the invitation with you to the M&M. They really are fun meeting the other cruise critics and there will be snacks and door prizes.

I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY LINK OR TEMPLATES ANYWHERE FOR CC NAME TAGS:confused:

I BE DELIGHTED IF SOMEONE COULD POST IT HERE OR EMAIL IT TO ME AT adysueleft at aol dot com.

Hi there im sunshine12 and i just made an account i dont know how 2 like talk 2 anybody thats going on the same cruise at me so if u read this and ur leaving for the Mariner of the seas on june 29 and your a well not kid but teen or something can u help me out thanx!!!!

:( Hey there i am still sooo... confused of what i am supposed 2 be doing i mean how do i talk 2 people on here does anyone have an aim?? if so kool so do i mine is liveluvsmile101 please i wanna meet some kool people b 4 the cruise so we can hang out on the cruise lol if that makes sence well peace!!

Hey there im still so confussed of wut i am supposed 2 be doing idk hoe 2 post anything or talk 2 people im only replying 2 other peoples posts so if anyone would like 2 help me out then pleaze email me on here or on my aim which is liveluvsmile101 thanx a lot byee!!!!:(

Hey there im still so confussed of wut i am supposed 2 be doing idk hoe 2 post anything or talk 2 people im only replying 2 other peoples posts so if anyone would like 2 help me out then pleaze email me on here or on my aim which is liveluvsmile101 thanx a lot byee!!!!:(

Did you ever find a Roll Call for your cruise? If not, what ship are you on and the dates your going. Then we can direct you to the right thread.:)

do people make these signs and post them to there door?

isn't there usually away that everyone tries to pick a place and time to meet and mingle please expalin thanks

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to download the cruise critic door signs from the first page of this thread, but to no avail.

Its telling my that the file is damaged, and cant be fixed.

Any help out there?? Can someone post a new link please, so I can download and print a doorsign for our 4 October cruise on Indy!

Thanks!!

I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY LINK OR TEMPLATES ANYWHERE FOR CC NAME TAGS:confused:

I BE DELIGHTED IF SOMEONE COULD POST IT HERE OR EMAIL IT TO ME AT adysueleft at aol dot com.

The luggage tags will be sent to you with your tickets after you have registered online for your cruise. Check with your travel agent.... while I'm on here can anyone tell me what adaptors I need to be able to use my hair curlers,husbands shaver etc etc on Rhapsody. I'm from Australia and dont want to arrive on board without the right ones.

Thanks Bassnotes for the posting it worked great now have perfect door signs. You are a lifesaver my handwriting is horrible

Mrs Wagmart

Bassnote-1

Sorry not working for me when I click on the link on the Geocities page I just get an error message,

I don't know if all doors are metal, but I've read to have Tacky Tape OR Poster Putty with us so we can put up door signs. I think you can get this stuff at Wally World or any business supply store. Happy Sailing !!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but here it goes!

I just got back from a Royal Caribbean Cruise, on board the Freedom of the seas, and it was FANTASTIC. I met a lot of really cool people, including some really nice staff members. I was just wondering if it would be possible to get Mike Santos' (from Brazil) e-mail address? He was part of the entertainment crew of the Freedom of the Seas. He hosted karaoke (with Cassey) on deck 3 (On Air), was one of the dancers during the 70's night, 80's night and Solarium pool party night and usually greeted guests in front of the Arcadia, Studio B,etc.

So I was wondering if any of you going aboard the freedom of the seas could ask for his e-mail address for me? I would really love to share some of my pictures with him. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Eva

(if you guys find anything out, feel free to e-mail be at eva underscore figura at hotmail dot com)

:D

At The Holidays 2008

This year is very different,

Great change is in the air,

For many, there’s a sense of hope,

Mine is coupled with despair.

So many face the loss of jobs,

And the very homes they live in,

It’s official we’re in a “recession,”

What a very brilliant concession!

The banks are being bailed out,

There’s always help for them.

But for the common folks like us,

Chance of rescue is really slim!

I’m holding out for Obama,

I know that this time next year,

Our world will be a better place,

And folks will feel more cheer.

In the meantime, I’ll try my best,

To feel Christmas in my heart,

Regardless of external happenings,

That’s where it has to start.

My future looks pretty gloomy,

And I’ve cried so much of late,

But I have to stand back and accept,

I didn’t create this fate.

Even more this Yuletide, than ever,

I must cherish what I always do,

My very own sources of solace,

My treasures in people like you.

I hope your holiday is filled,

With love and countless blessings,

The joy of loved ones close at hand,

Feasts of turkey, ham and dressings.

And if hard times assail you,

I pray your faith is strong,

And that the New Year brings relief,

And rights all that has gone wrong.

Carmen Henesy

What is the purpose of the door hanger? Aren't we getting invited to the meet and mingle?

This is my first cruise so that I why I may sound a little WRONG!

I don't know if all doors are metal, but I've read to have Tacky Tape OR Poster Putty with us so we can put up door signs. I think you can get this stuff at Wally World or any business supply store. Happy Sailing !!

We bought Avery magnetic paper to print the door signs on and they stick very well as the doors are painted metal. We put the sign in the bottom of our suitcase protected with flat things. We have had the sign for many crusies. Just take it down on the day before disembarking because for some reason people think that last night is the night to damage the signs.

Sure wish we could get a new design for our door signs, is there any chance someone has the capability to make up a new one for Cruise Critic? Could it also be posted on these boards?

Thanks, Irene & Miles

Sure wish we could get a new design for our door signs, is there any chance someone has the capability to make up a new one for Cruise Critic? Could it also be posted on these boards?

Thanks, Irene & Miles

Here is one I did that contains lots of blank space in the middle, allowing it to be personalized with ship, itinerary, or whatever (click on image to view PDF file which can then be downloaded & saved):

cc_blank_sign_tn.gif

You can then import/convert the file for use as a background in other applications (Photoshop, Word for example).

Here is a thumbnail of an example I did with your 2009 sailings (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o:D):

cc_door_sign_ichur.jpg

Ichur, if you email me (floridapalms @ att . net - without spaces), I can send you the full size PDF file (2mg, prints 8-1/2x11) of your 2009 sailings.

BTW, I took the picture of the Solstice when she was docked next to us in November when we sailed on the Independence. She looked beautiful! Enjoy your upcoming cruise Irene & Miles.

~ Judy

Here is one I did that contains lots of blank space in the middle, allowing it to be personalized with ship, itinerary, or whatever (click on image to view PDF file which can then be downloaded & saved):

cc_blank_sign_tn.gif

You can then import/convert the file for use as a background in other applications (Photoshop, Word for example).

Here is a thumbnail of an example I did with your 2009 sailings (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o:D):

cc_door_sign_ichur.jpg

Ichur, if you email me (floridapalms @ att . net - without spaces), I can send you the full size PDF file (2mg, prints 8-1/2x11) of your 2009 sailings.

BTW, I took the picture of the Solstice when she was docked next to us in November when we sailed on the Independence. She looked beautiful! Enjoy your upcoming cruise Irene & Miles.

~ Judy

Wow, I am impressed, thank you, that is really cool.

Irene & Miles