Chops is a steak house.

In my opinion, Chops has very good steaks. Now I grew up in beef country so I'm used to eating good steaks. We go to Ruth's Chris for special occasions. Chops is much, much better than Longhorns or any of your local standard steakhouses. Sometimes they are as good as Ruth's Chris or Mortons. Just like with a high-end steakhouse, you have a choice of different appetizers and side dishes (all very good). There are also some great desserts that are different and better quality than the Dining Room.

You can check out a menu when you get onboard and decide whether or not you want to spend the extra $20 per person. We will definitely be eating there again on our next cruise. Of course, if you don't like steaks you probably will not like Chops. And you will certainly hear from people who didn't like it.

Chops was great....well worth the money. You really feel as thought you are dining in a very special restaurant. The service is excellent. I would not hesitate to enjoy a night out in chops again and again.

I always thought it was ridiculous to pay $20 extra to eat in a specialty restaurant. That was until we ate in chops. It was well worth the extra money compared to eating the average/sub par steaks in the main dining room.

Chops is wonderful. We eat there on every cruise. The service is outstanding, and the food is just as good as at some of the finer steakhouses you'd find on land. It is worth every penny of the $20 service charge.

For appetizers, we like the shrimp cocktail, the portabella, and the tuna. Our favorite entree is the filet. The mud pie is delicious, and one of my favorite desserts anywhere!

Enjoy!

i've never eaten in either Chops or Portofino's... but i'm going on the Mariner the end of July, and am hoping to try Chops... I'm from northern NJ... and with all the great Italian restaurants we have in this area, i'm reluctant to go for the upgrade at Portofino's... when i can get as good, if not better, close to home... whereas, a great steak.......lol

On our next 7 night cruise I think the DW and I will have dinner three times at Chops and three times at Portofinos...can't wait....

i've never eaten in either Chops or Portofino's... but i'm going on the Mariner the end of July, and am hoping to try Chops... I'm from northern NJ... and with all the great Italian restaurants we have in this area, i'm reluctant to go for the upgrade at Portofino's... when i can get as good, if not better, close to home... whereas, a great steak.......lol

From what I understand Portofino's is completely different than your basic land based Italian restaurant. Being from Northern NJ you may be disappointed in Portofino's if you are looking for REAL Italian food. You'll find me in Chops. :D

Archived