Pacific Princess 2007 Whittier to Vancouver can't be booked without a land tour!

holton

Very frustrating...we are booked on the June 6, 2007 northbound cruise to Alaska on the Pacific Princess out of Vancouver to Whittier. The southbound cruises are all marked as wait-listed on the website and in many, many calls directly to Princess today received this explanation.

All cruises on the Pacific Princess southbound are being held for those booking land tours as well!!:mad:

We love back to back cruises and delight in not having to disembark the

ship. I have emailed Princess and urge anyone interested to do the same.

Wow, that seems like a pretty bold move. I guess it is possible that TA's have all the space blocked if there is a lot of interest in this ship though.

I'm sure space will open up so you may want to book RT air from from Vancouver or Seattle and add a one way later if needed...

I almost did that for my recent northbound cruise - but later found great pricing on a open jaw :)

I spoke to my TA about this this weekend (that the cabins don't seem to be open) and she wondered if they must be booked with a cruise tour (she was guessing). We switched topics so she didn't investigate it any further as she knew I wasn't interested in a land tour.

Wow, that seems like a pretty bold move. I guess it is possible that TA's have all the space blocked if there is a lot of interest in this ship though.

Actually - they are not allowing TAs to book group space on this ship in Alaska. At least that was in the information initially released about the Pacific Princess in Alaska.

I think it is smart... with the ship holding less than a thousand people... mind as make the extra dough and offer a more intimate ship to those who want to spend the extra money on the land portion. I can understnad the frustration though from your end. If it is not successful, it will open up.

I think it is smart... with the ship holding less than a thousand people... mind as make the extra dough and offer a more intimate ship to those who want to spend the extra money on the land portion. I can understnad the frustration though from your end. If it is not successful, it will open up.

... with the smaller ship, she can go where the other cann't, so that will be an attraction as well. Look to her being the "upscaled" Alaska route.

Archived