Can someone tell me which Airlines RCI uses

Just wondering about the airlines that RCI uses to Miami if I decide to book air with RCI.

We are looking into the Freedom of the Sea out of Miami 2007 and in checking airlines American Airlines is the only one that I can find that is a direct flight.(I like them).

The leaving flight is fine, but the coming back return flight is a 11:50AM and I was not sure that we could get off the ship and to the airport in time for it.

Thanks, just starting to research this cruise so will be asking a lot of question from you CC members that always seem to solve all problems.

Thanks

Marcy

Just wondering about the airlines that RCI uses to Miami if I decide to book air with RCI.

We are looking into the Freedom of the Sea out of Miami 2007 and in checking airlines American Airlines is the only one that I can find that is a direct flight.(I like them).

The leaving flight is fine, but the coming back return flight is a 11:50AM and I was not sure that we could get off the ship and to the airport in time for it.

Thanks, just starting to research this cruise so will be asking a lot of question from you CC members that always seem to solve all problems.

Thanks

Marcy

It seems they always put us on Continental. But flying in and out of Newark that's not too surprising.

RC will use several that they book group space with............

AA out of Dallas

Continental in to Houston.......

etc

Depends on the hub you usually have to fly in or out of.........depends on what flight you might end up on.

Of course with air deviation........you can pick your own flights.

11:50 am is PLENTY of time--if this is the flight you want, don't go through RCI--book it yourself. RCI will generally NOT give you a direct flight! We had an 11:45 flight out of Miami--ended up getting to the airport at 8am! That left us sitting around for hours--not a great way to end a wonderful vacation! Just let the purser know you have an early flight, and you can be one of the 1st groups off the ship.

According to our docs for our upcoming trip, we fly to Philly and London on US Air and back from London to Chicago to Dayton on American.

I always do my own airfare for the Carib., but don't want to mess with trying to coordinate overseas flights. We went with the cruisline air arrangements for Alaska, too.

3 more days!

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/19/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 days in London--we leave Thursday.

RCCL uses all the major legacy carriers (American, Delta, US Air, Continental, United) but does not use the low cost carriers. They will put you on whatever flight is cheapest for them unless you do custom air.

What I suggest is, if RCCL air is cheaper now, book RCCL air, keep looking around for flights on your own. If by the time final payment comes around, you've never found less expensive flights on your own (that you are willing to take), then keep the RCCL air but call and do an air deviation.

11:50 am is PLENTY of time--if this is the flight you want, don't go through RCI--book it yourself. RCI will generally NOT give you a direct flight! We had an 11:45 flight out of Miami--ended up getting to the airport at 8am! That left us sitting around for hours--not a great way to end a wonderful vacation! Just let the purser know you have an early flight, and you can be one of the 1st groups off the ship.

cb at sea,

Could you give me some idea how far the port of Miami is from the Airport, time wise that is.

Thanks,

Marcy

Thanks

Marcy

I am surprised that you said Continental. We were booked out of Orlando to Vancouver on Continental but was changed to Northwest as we were told that RCI had pulled that contract.

We are now going r/t with Northwest and hoping that talks with their flight attendants do not break down and lead to a potential strike.

Marcyjane,

We flew out of BNA on an RCI booked flight a few years back. We were booked on United (commuter flight operated by Air Wisconsin???) and experienced the worst gate and customer service I have ever seen. I would never use either one of those lines again!

Last year we booked everything with RC and they put us on 2 flights AA and Continental it was a Looooooong flight. This year I would love to have a direct flight How does it work when you go with RC custom air ?

Thanks ;)

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/26/05

S.S. Azure Seas Mex. 11/90

Thanks to all of you for your help.

I think I'll book with American Airlines both flights departing and returning are non-stop flights and not a bad price.

My only concern was the 11:50 AM return flight, but doing the carry your on luggage off the ship should get us to the Miami airport in time.

Thanks again,

Marcy

I live in Miami so the port of Miami from the airport is at least 30 minutes away.

Thanks so much also since you live in Miami do you know or can suggest a shuttle service from the port to the airport on return, also a good suggestion for a hotel near by thats not way expensive but nice and safe.

Thanks,

Marcy

Before you book air through RCCL, please check prices as if you booked on your own.

I have never found a situation where I couldnt book my own air and not save at least $150 per person, round trip.

The flights I can book are always direct, non stop flights, that put me into the airport with plenty of time to spare and (I would assume) depart the airport in a more timely manner than any RCCL flights I have booked.

The one time I did use RCCL's air, I broke even in terms of cost but found that my departing flight wasnt leaving till 5 pm, where as the ship returned at 8 a.m. that same day....

Sure, RCCL includes transportation with it's air bookings, but, even then, I still have nver found a situation where, after adding on RCCL shuttle costs, I broke even or saved any money.

I can usually find transportation (rental car, shuttle, taxi) that is cheaper.

I actually just saved my co-worker $150 per person on his round trip flights for his cruise. They were going to take the air package but I did the comparison and they decided to save the extra $$.

Good luck!

What's more, I can usually find cheaper transportation from the airport to the pier

Archived