I had the best dessert of my life!

parkerlisa

Hello - just back from the Caribbean Princess Western route. Had a fantastic time and absolutely loved the food. I have to share with you one of the desserts I had onboard......It can honestly say it was the best dessert I have EVER had. Now I am not a chocolate lover but I did consume 2 love boat dreams onboard....However this one takes the cake...

Stuffed Peaches

2 peaches cooked lightly and filled with almond souffle!. The souffle puffed up in the hallow core of the peach and had tons of almonds in it. It was served on a plate with a warm vanilla sauce.

I know this seems crazy....to start a thread about a dessert, but my hats to off to the Princess chefs...they really out did themselves with this one and oh how I wish I could have another and another!!!!

Oh well - I am back home now and as fancy as I get is a new box of oreos!

If you have an opportunity to try it, let me know what you think!

Lisa

I love the souffles on the princess ships and the one you described sounds YUMMY!!!:D We have only been on the Grand, but that is the one thing I enjoyed the most at meal time. We will be on the CB in September and will pass on all the salads and appetizers and head straight for the desserts.:D

Overall, how was the trip?

Not a big dessert eater myself, but Princess does have an excellent selection of ship-made ice-creams and sherberts, with some fairly exotic flavors.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices?

Finally, I have found someone else that loves the stuffed peaches. They are the only thing on Italian night I like I could just make a whole meal out of them and then go back to my cabin and fall out!

Hello - just back from the Caribbean Princess Western route.

Stuffed Peaches

2 peaches cooked lightly and filled with almond souffle!. The souffle puffed up in the hallow core of the peach and had tons of almonds in it. It was served on a plate with a warm vanilla sauce.

Lisa

When was this offered on the menu?

I'm already planning my desserts and getting more hungry by the minute.:D

Kahlua Rice Pudding from one of the specialty restaurants (don't remember which one) on the Sapphire.

It was so good I made our poor waiter run to that restaurant every night so I could have it for dessert...and we were on board for 19 nights!

Still trying to take the weight off from that cruise :eek:

I agree: Those peaches are out of this world! :p

We "discovered" them on the Island Princess in Alaska three years ago, friends reported enjoying them on the Sapphire Princess in 2005, and we fell in love with them all over again on the Grand in the Caribbean in April--so chances of finding them on the menu on other ships/itineraries are probably pretty good.

I think they were served on Italian Night. Any possibility they're in the Princess cookbook?

Oh my goodness!!!! How will I make it til next March to try all these desserts. That's about my favorite part of the cruise. I always have 2 desserts every night. I am a BIG dessert eater.

I'm still trying to lose the last 3 of 8lbs that I gained on our cruise in April.

I need to get serious.

I'm dreaming of dessert.

Thanks for the info, I prob would not have ordered stuffed peaches otherwise, now for sure I will.

Pat;)

Good news !! The almond peach dessert is a regular Princess offering served on all ships. Also, the regular souffles are imho fantastic. Don't forget that you can order a favourite dessert (other than regular souffles, which need a minimum number of persons) again by special order, for another night. by the way, what about the raspberry creme brulee:D

Oh. yes, that Kahlua Rice Pudding on the Sapphire was to die for! I could have eaten it every night. Both my husband and I loved it when we were on the Sapphire. I believe that we ordered it in the Mexican themed restaurant. Yum, yum.

The Stuffed Peaches sound wonderful also. We are on the Tahitian Princess in 4 weeks!! I hope they have it.

Princess has the best desserts. The best. Totally awesome.

Absolutely delectable... I can't remember the peach one though. Darn. Will definitely have to keep an eye out for it next time.

Droooolllling. :D

Pineapple slices with pistachio pudding and raspberry sauce didn't sound like much but it was oh, so, good.

I always say, I'm going to write down what I eat each day but never do so I rarely remember what everything is.

Attached is the dessert table they had at noon for one buffet on the Coral.

CoralDesserts1.jpg.4465335b43784c18288209a0c59d877d.jpg

Archived