Time Mag Article on Freedom

I see the ships having fewer and fewer port stops. I bet the Geneses will only stop at most at two port.

I totally agree. I would even bet that Genesis will not even have a port of call on it's itinerary. Just pure speculation on my part.

Speaking of pool chair hogs....I took special note of this. There were the usual towels on seats, but even at 10:30-11:00 on the last sea day, there were plenty of available "primo" loungers by the pool.

I honestly think the H20 Zone was a big factor in this. It's almost like there are now two adult pools...the Solarium and the main pool. The H20 zone is very separate from the main pool, and anyone wanting to keep their eye on the kids will need to park themselves over there. Maybe the lounger and chair-hogging situation was worse over there, I didn't check.

Again, our sailing was not at capacity, but I was amazed.

Tracy

Why would there be no port calls for Genesis. Not all people sail for the ship, especially new cruisers. They would go for the ports I think and consider the ship secondary, until they actually experience it for themselves and see what is available. I think RCI and the others will put the ports on notice they need to do something to try and accomodate the more people that will be arriving.

Was it just me or did it seem like they had a lot of negatives about the Freedom. I was reading the article and expected it to rant and rave, but it seemed that they provided some negative comments from other sources. Granted, everyone has their opinion, but I just felt that an article about the "World's Largest Cruise Ship" would have been more positive and upbeat. Thoughts?

Derek

I'm not sure how much cruising background the writer possessed. If he thinks that the staterooms on Freedom are cramped, he obviously has not cruised on NCL or Princess or on any ship built prior to the 1990s.:D He also mentioned that the ice in Freedom's skating rink was "real" while the ice on other ships is not. Since I don't know of any ships, other than the Voyager class ships, that have ice rinks I don't know what he is referring to since I believe that the ice on Voyager ships is not any different than the ice on Freedom.:confused: Some of his comments about increased crowds, crime and security problems seemed to be based more on speculation than on fact or actual observation. All in all a pretty superficial review of a remarkable ship. I think I'll wait for a few more cruises before making any conclusions about its merits and shortcomings.

Archived