deck tv sceen on valor

Thank you for your responses. I meant a large screen on the lido deck. Has anyone experienced these tv's on the lido deck? How does carnival control the noise? Wouldn't the noise from the tv over power the lido deck? These questions probabilty sound dumb, but it makes us hesitate on cruising. It seems to us that the quiet strolls on the lido would cease to exsist. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your responses. I meant a large screen on the lido deck. Has anyone experienced these tv's on the lido deck? How does carnival control the noise? Wouldn't the noise from the tv over power the lido deck? These questions probabilty sound dumb, but it makes us hesitate on cruising. It seems to us that the quiet strolls on the lido would cease to exsist. Thank you for your help.

There isn't one on the Valor... there is on the Liberty. I believe the Imagination or one of those has a MUCH smaller screen on deck. As for the noise, seems to work fine. We were beside the Grand Princess and watched their screen and it was great :D

Quiet strolls on the lido can happen during dinner time, and late evening, early morning. Regardless of whether there is a screen or not, the lido is happening most of the day.

But you won't have to worry, there isn't a screen on the Valor :p

CCL is in the process of putting a screen on the Lido deck on all ships.

That is correct, many ships not have them. However, the ones being installed on older ships are not as big as the ones being installed on new ships.

The Liberty's screen is significently bigger that the others installesd.

Yes, Carnival is putting these large screens on all of their Lido Decks. Some ships have already put them up, some have not. I know that some of Fantasy Class ships already have them (Although though they dont work properly half the time).

By year's end, all Carnival Ships will have them.

I know everyone has different tastes.....

But I just can't imagine all the fuss about big screens, taking DVD players and Video games, on cruises.........

Just what I want.....taking a nice night-time walk on deck with a big screen sports event or some bloody, profanity filled movie blasting.

On one cruise......they had before dinner piano music near the sports bar and the TV's were blaring, it ended up a competetion between the TV watchers and the people wanting to hear the piano........ (remember how they converted (on Fantasy class) the rear bar just above the steps down to the dining room into a sports / cigar bar)

:)

Archived