Favorite quiet locations on Princess ships

mseldga

I'm going on my first Princess cruise in August on the CB. On my previous cruises - all RCCL - I have felt like I spent most of the cruise exploring the ship and, by the very end, had found a few favorite spots for sunrise, sunset, etc. I always wish I'd known beforehand, though, so that I could have enjoyed the spots all week. I know exploring is part of the fun, but I thought I'd ask all the experienced Princess cruisers here for their favorite locations - preferably secluded and quiet - for different times of the day or of the cruise. For example, sunrise, sunset, sail away, great quiet times at certain bars, etc. I hear Princess excels at creating those kind of spaces, so I'm very excited to explore and find them all. Thanks!

I have been on the Coral to Panama Canal and Sapphire Princess to Alaska. On both ships we have found the 7th deck mid ship to be quiet with teak deck chairs. It has been a good place to sit with a good book or to take a nap while feeling the sea breeze.

I think one of the best kept secrets on the grand class ships is Skywalkers during the daytime. It is quiet and cool and offers a great view. We didn't discover it until the last couple of days on our Diamond cruise and sure wished that we had found it earlier. We also found a great place to wait on the day that we disembarked. It is a very secluded area by Churchill's. Everyone was crowded in the Atrium and there was no one at this place near Chruchill's. The Wake View Bar on the Diamond also has an interesting view and is empty during the daytime but it isn't on the CB.

I know exploring is part of the fun, but I thought I'd ask all the experienced Princess cruisers here for their favorite locations - preferably secluded and quiet - for different times of the day or of the cruise.

The martini bar for that before dinner drink. And as far forward, and high as you can get...for sail-away time.

On the Island and Coral Princesses, the Baja and Caribe decks have large balconies on the stern with loungers. We got up early and got some great pictures as we were coming into ports, and also wonderful views as we departed. On any Princess ship we've been on, we've found the Wheelhouse Bar to be a great place during the day to sit & read. The bar isn't open, so you have to BYOB. I second the Skywalkers lounge on the Grand class, because it has some boffo views. And the Lotus Spa pool never seems to have much of a crowd.

I love the aft (adults-only) pool area on the Grand class ships. We always travel during peak vacation times due to my job, so that area is my haven when I want to be near a pool but away from kids and rowdy pool games.

I also discovered how quiet Skywalker was during the day on the last day of my first cruise. I went for a photographing trip through the Grand Princess and... no one!!! Just me, a good seat and an awesome view. The aft side of the ship from the top decks to the aft pool are also pretty good.

On the CB, we loved seeing the sunset at this location even if it is a rip roaring wind tunnel! Though that makes for few people staying too long. It truly felt like we were on the ocean. It's a great spot for sail away too, but I also like the aft pool area for this. In fact, I think the aft pool area was fantastic. It was my favorite spot during the day to lounge and read.

Archived