Upgrade Offer to JS on Deck 6 Aft - Any Good?

My TA just called. Right now I'm booked in a D1 on deck 9 on the EOS.

The only JS available is aft on deck 6, and I remember reading somewhere that the railings on deck six are not plexiglass. Is this area any good? Are they loud back there from the water? What is aft on deck six like. Is there the right deck for the aft cabins? Or should I keep my D!?

ARGH! :confused:

MrPete...Not sure if this will help, but here's some of Bonnie Voyager's photos of 6694 on the Voyager. There's that large grey deck area between your balcony and the edge of the ship. I believe the same area, although more narrow, is on Deck 7 as well. I had been looking at an aft JS on Deck 7 on EOS, but it didn't necessarily appeal to me.

I am pretty sure you won't be able to look directly down to the water.

Good luck with your decision.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1069832571036355651MZiodD

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1069832586036355651dUpCqo

My TA just called. Right now I'm booked in a D1 on deck 9 on the EOS.

The only JS available is aft on deck 6, and I remember reading somewhere that the railings on deck six are not plexiglass. Is this area any good? Are they loud back there from the water? What is aft on deck six like. Is there the right deck for the aft cabins? Or should I keep my D!?

ARGH! :confused:

You should post your current cabin number and the upgrade cabin number so we can really advise...

Not on a public board, I won't.

And UGH! Those pix have made up my mind! I'm staying where I am unless something else comes up.

Thanks MadelineRose. Funny.....I've known BV since she was a cruise virgin!

You're welcome. Bonnie's pics have been invaluable to many here, haven't they? Since a cruise virgin, huh?

Yeah, the pics of the aft on Decks 6 and 7 definitely made up my mind very quickly! I always need a visual for my decisions.

Not meaning to hijack and I don't know if you're interested at all, but, since you're in NY, have you checked out the brand new Crown Princess from Brooklyn? We're on the September 3 cruise. The first pax are currently onboard and there's great reviews. Just an fyi. ;)

Not on a public board, I won't.

And UGH! Those pix have made up my mind! I'm staying where I am unless something else comes up.

Thanks MadelineRose. Funny.....I've known BV since she was a cruise virgin!

Actually, yes.

I had gotten a brochure about it about a month ago, not even knowing a new one was coming out, and sailing out of NY, no less.

The timing was just bad. But it looks like one hell of a ship! I have my heart set on Bermuda, after having to cancel a family cruise that would have been sailing next Friday :(

Too bad. Well, the Crown will still be there next year.

We live 10 minutes from the new Baltimore port and have booked the 5-day Bermuda on the Grandeur for next year. We love Bermuda, but have never sailed there. Should be great.

Actually, yes. I had gotten a brochure about it about a month ago, not even knowing a new one was coming out, and sailing out of NY, no less.

The timing was just bad. But it looks like one hell of a ship! I have my heart set on Bermuda, after having to cancel a family cruise that would have been sailing next Friday :(

I can't believe you remember me from waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy back when I was the Cruise Virgin!!! :eek: That was a while ago! I guess it's safe to say I'm a real Cruise "whore" now! I mean that in a good way! (don't know if I can say that here or not, but I'm sure you know what I meant ;) )

Archived