Carnival Splendor in 2008 - Anyone interested in trying to get a CC group formed?

Carnival Splendor - What Date Range Works For You?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Carnival Splendor - What Date Range Works For You?

• Sorry Not Interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Spring 2008
    • Summer 2008
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009

I am interested too, I almost booked a Freedom cruise, but could not take off that many days. Perhaps, Carnival could swing a 7 or 6 day EU tour, or not.

If from the states, and 7 days max, no problems in making the cruise.

Since I've never done it before BUT I am interested I've got a question--

What are the benefits --besides all the great online chat--of joining an actual cruise critic cruise??

The nice thing is that you can book and join in at the Cruise Critic get together or you can book for just the prices and amenities. You usually get slightly better pricing and a nice amenities package (which can range from chocolate and wine to onboard credit).

I haven't actually experienced one yet myself so maybe someone who has can add some input.

Nick

I'm curious why a lot of you are opposed to Europe. If you haven't been before, it's wonderful! I know it costs more and requires more vacation time but, well worth it in my opinion!

I don't really care for Europe, give me Sun, beautiful Aqua blue beaches any day of the week. Caribbean all the way baby !!!

I spoke with some cruising friends of mine this weekend - and they too would be interested in a Maiden Voyage - especially if it is in Europe! (or Hawaii, Figi Islands, etc:p )

For those of you that have been on a Maiden Voyage - I would like to hear all about it. I have heard limited information - only that the crew is really hyped and excited about these voyages. Anything else?:confused:

Does anybody have an idea when we might find out the actual schedule of the new Splendor? Maybe late fall?

DH and I are doing the Med in April 2007 on the new Freedom, so would definitely be interested in this new ship. Depending when it actually debuts and if it's in Europe we would LOVE to go again.

To be honest, I am leaning toward fall of 2008 but if there is a CC group for spring and price, itinerary and timing is right we'd consider it for sure.

Doodlefan

Does anybody have an idea when we might find out the actual schedule of the new Splendor? Maybe late fall?

DH and I are doing the Med in April 2007 on the new Freedom, so would definitely be interested in this new ship. Depending when it actually debuts and if it's in Europe we would LOVE to go again.

To be honest, I am leaning toward fall of 2008 but if there is a CC group for spring and price, itinerary and timing is right we'd consider it for sure.

Doodlefan

I came on to find out the same information, I even called Carnival on Friday and they said they have no information yet :( Kind of a let down considering some of the 2008 sailing are available for booking already, so, I guess we just have to sit tight.

Hey Doodlefan,

I have an off cruise topic for you. I assuming you either have a labradoodle or goldendoodle... We had a standard poodle when we were kids and, then a wonderful black lab later on. We're going to get a dog after we're married next June and, we keep wondering if a Labradoodle might be the way to go. How are you enjoying your "doodle"? And, yes, I know they need LOTS of excerise. My lab used to be my running partner!

Nick

Please please dont get any "designer' dog...look on petfinder.com if you must have one of these, do not encourage the breeding of more dogs. If you loved your Lab, there are literally thousands available through rescue groups...please please give one of them a good home.

Archived