Celebrity Solstice - Anyone Interested in trying to form a CC group in late 08 or 09?

Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll

• Nope, sorry not interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009
    • Spring 2009
    • Summer 2009

Here is a little more on this ship.,

It's true, though, that both Celebrity Solstice's and Celebrity's Equinox will come in at 118,000 tons, bigger than even largest ships in Carnival's fleet. Debuting in 2008 and 2009 respectively, these two ships aim to rock the notion that a cruise line that positions itself in the "premium" market must keep its ships small and cozy -- both are about 30 percent larger than the line's Millennium-class ships. What's even more surprising about this aggressive new-build program is that both ships are post-Panamax, meaning that they will be unable to transit the Panama Canal, and thus also unable to transition between the Caribbean and Alaska, of Celebrity's itinerary staples.

The first new ship will be called Celebrity Solstice, and the second ship will be named Celebrity Equinox. The new series of ships will be known as the Solstice class. Terms for the second Solstice-class vessel are substantially the same as those of the first ship.

Both new ships will be 2,850-guest vessels measuring 1,033 feet in length and 121 feet in width. Their added size will allow Celebrity to offer larger standard staterooms, a higher percentage of balconies and an exceptional range of guest-inspired services and amenities.

Mike

Let's get that CC going. I hope they pick somewhere wonderful to cruise, but then again, on a new ship.....who cares!. I hope I can afford a suite. Let me know if you hear anymore info. Thanks for thinking of this.

I am inerested in the Equinox also.

di

Hi Everyone !

I am shooting for Solstice's Maiden Voyage as well. If everyone posts here, and shows they are interested, I will be glad to Host it, assuming we can get space.

Please keep posting, and let us know of your interest !

Host Andy - You have my vote for group leader!

Hi Nick !

Thank you. It would be wonderful to meet all of you in person. I have met many friends from here over the years, and it is always a great time !

Keep in mind, that we probably have over 2 years before Solstice debuts, so I dont know just how much can be finalized over the next few months. I do think it is a great idea, and I will pursue it. Stay Tuned !

I know we'd be extremely interested in a Maiden Voyage on Celebrity. We've experienced two Maiden Voyages so far and, really enjoyed them. We're very open regarding time of year and itinerary, so, just keep us informed!

I second Host Andy, I'd like to have someone who's had experience leading a group in charge of us. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Now for the long wait for further announcements about Solstice...

Eddie

My initial response is that this particular ship is too big for the likes of me. Somehow, going on a trip with 2850 of my closes friends has less appeal the older I get.

I wouldn't mind being kept in the know if a CC Group forms and goes ( dates, rates, that sort of thing); I could change my mind.....

One of my observations about our trip on the Constellation, is that the M Class ships, while very nice and comfortable, lack the intimacy of smaller ships. Almost one-half of the passengers belonged to one group, and while that's good for Celebrity, it certainly does clearly deliniate who gets priority for what/when......

The fact that the second week of our B2B we had the worst tablemates that we have ever had on ANY cruise didn't help either. I should have asked to be moved, but again the large group would have made that difficult.

Anyway, Andy, please make the details available and we'll see what happens: for the moment, we don't have anything planned for 2008 and probably won't before we sail on the Mercury next January. On the one hand, I would love to meet some of the other CC'ers in person, but do, at this point, have serious reservations about a ship of this size.

Any idea on the length of the cruise? Unless unavoidable (Bermuda, etc.), we generally avoid cruises less than 10 nights.

Great idea, and thanks for your efforts:)

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I have to say I'm impressed with the overwhelming "yes" response to this idea! I thought it would have been shot out of the water already! And now, with Host Andy stepping up to the plate as our Group Leader, I think it's going to be successful! As someone else posted...now all we have to do is wait...

Nick

Archived