Celebrity Solstice - Anyone Interested in trying to form a CC group in late 08 or 09?

Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll

• Nope, sorry not interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009
    • Spring 2009
    • Summer 2009

From our Community Guidelines:

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

Just bumping up to keep interest alive!

Nick

Hi Nick !

I share your enthusiasm as well, but I am pretty sure this thread will be kept alive on its own. Most all of us have a huge interest in Solstice and Equinox. No need to worry :)

I am also very concerned that the ship's construction has not started yet. If they do not start building the ship within the next few months, I will begin to wonder about a 2008 debut for Solstice.

Let's hope we hear something from Celebrity, and soon.

I popped on to see if anyone else had new information. I guess not... I did call Celebrity on Friday and, they had no information to release yet :( I have to admit, I'm kind of anxious too. I know Celebrity tends to be slow with their release dates but, when I look at some of the other cruise lines and some have their 2008 sailings until summer, well just call me antsy pants :D

I'm starting a rumour that only Celebrity faithful will be allowed onboard for the first sailings. The more you have sailed on other ships the further back your chances will be to get on the new Celebrity flagship.:D

I'm starting a rumour that only Celebrity faithful will be allowed onboard for the first sailings. The more you have sailed on other ships the further back your chances will be to get on the new Celebrity flagship.:D

Hi C 2 C !

I have made that comment before. I think it would be a great gesture by Celebrity to offer the first sailing to Elite Members, say 1-2 weeks before the general public.

At the very least, it would be nice if they had a series of short Cruises.... perhaps 3, two day sailings (like Freedom of the Seas did), and offered these sailngs to Elite Members at no cost.

Being that Celebrity does not do the best job of rewarding the loyalty of their best Customers, I doubt any of this would happen. It is a good idea though.

Go for it, Andy. We should be Elite by then (and even if we're not, I agree!). Maybe we should start a letter/email writing campaign indicating in the communication the level of the writer...couldn't hurt and just might make a difference......

Hi C 2 C !

I have made that comment before. I think it would be a great gesture by Celebrity to offer the first sailing to Elite Members, say 1-2 weeks before the general public.

Here is the answer from Celebrity June 20th:

RE: Solstice and Equinox

Dear Mr. Reynolds,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delay in responding. At this time we do not have a target date for the Inaugural for the Solstice or the Equinox. We have not been advised if our members will be offered a chance to sail prior to their first revenue sailing. We regret any inconvenience.

Mr. Reynolds, discover a complete cruise experience with a taste of luxury on every Celebrity cruise.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Kirschbaum

Celebrity Cruises Captains Club

I had used my Captain's Club number to identify myself. They did not even look it up because I don't even know a Mr Reynolds..:(

I hope that they will do something special for elite members. Celebrity does very little for their most loyal fans and something special for us would be a nice jesture. A short precruise or even a lunch onboard to show the ship off would be appreciated. Pat

I am not a Celebrity Elite member and doubt we will acchieve that status by then, but none the less we are loyal Celebrity cruisers and I would be a little offended if Elite members were given first chance at this cruise, in effect edging out others who also would also like to join in.

I have absolutely no problem with Elite members being given extras on the cruise....you can have the upgrades, trinkets, bags, internet hookups, and whatnots, and I won't be upset in the least.

Go for it, Andy. We should be Elite by then (and even if we're not, I agree!). Maybe we should start a letter/email writing campaign indicating in the communication the level of the writer...couldn't hurt and just might make a difference......

Hi Sheila !

Excellent idea. I will write Captains Club about it tomorrow, but I do think I will get a generic response. We will see what happens.

For those who do not love this idea, PLEASE dont worry. I think the odds of it happening are small at best.

For those who like this idea, try to drop Captains Club an email over the next few days, so they can see the interest in this idea. Hopefully, if enough of us write in, perhaps someone at Celebrity will take notice. It is worth a shot :)

Sent mine tonight so I wouldn't forget tomorrow....let's see if we can get the ball rolling. I included my Capt. Club # and noted future booked cruises. I think you're right, Andy...there will probably be a generic response. However, most companies will react to an onslaught of messages...so the more folks that agree and follow through, the more likely there will be some kind of serious consideration. Cockeyed optimist that I am :)

Sent mine tonight so I wouldn't forget tomorrow....let's see if we can get the ball rolling. I included my Capt. Club # and noted future booked cruises. I think you're right, Andy...there will probably be a generic response.

This is the answer I got from Celebrity and they called me Mr Reynolds: despite my Captain's Club Number

Here is the answer from Celebrity June 20th:

Quote:

RE: Solstice and Equinox

Dear Mr. Reynolds,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for the delay in responding. At this time we do not have a target date for the Inaugural for the Solstice or the Equinox. We have not been advised if our members will be offered a chance to sail prior to their first revenue sailing. We regret any inconvenience.

Mr. Reynolds, discover a complete cruise experience with a taste of luxury on every Celebrity cruise.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Kirschbaum

Celebrity Cruises Captains Club

Quick response from my email to Captain's club a few days ago:

"Dear Ms Englebardt,

Thank you for your e-mail. We are thrilled to hear about your wonderful past and future experiences with Celebrity Cruises. As we love to hear your suggestions regarding introduction of the Solstice, we have forwarded your e-mail on to the appropriate personnel.

Ms Englebardt, discover a complete cruise experience with a taste of luxury on every Celebrity cruise.

Sincerely,

Shayna Young

Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

"

So...hope others, who are also interested in the idea of Captain's club Elite (or other level) having first crack at the Solstice, will send their ideas forward as well. Whatever the outcome, I'm pleased with the response (and C2C, they got my name right ;) - likely because I WROTE it!)

As we love to hear your suggestions regarding introduction of the Solstice, we have forwarded your e-mail on to the appropriate personnel.

I just hope they respond to input. I wonder if I should get out a form letter and remind them every week:rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing how Celebrity handles itself with the larger ship. My wife and I did the RCCL AOS and found that the ship was the highlight where the food, houskeeping, etc is where the quality fell off. Wondering if the same will happen to the Solstice class ships.

What a coincidence! Before I logged on to this site, I was telling hubby that we should go on the inaugural cruise on the Solstice.

So count us in. I'm an avid Celebrity cruiser and I don't care how big or where she goes, but I'm excited about this new ship. I've heard from cruise staff on the the Millenium class that's it's going to be more luxurious that their other ships. Count me in for that!

I have nothing booked for 2008 because I was waiting to hear more on this ship.

2009/2010/2011......Maybe we start getting comfortable with these dates for our Inaugural sailing. I wish, I wish, I wish for a brand new ship!

My DH and I are sailing the Merc and the (new and improved) Century this year. That means we have sailed all the ships at least once. It's time for a new one or two or three!

Don't get me wrong, I want them to take their time building a beautiful ship, but get the lead (or steel) out!!!!!

di

My DH and I are sailing the Merc and the (new and improved) Century this year. That means we have sailed all the ships at least once.

di

By completing sailings on all X ships, you will be promoted from Captain's Club to the Commodore's Club and entitled to all benefits due to that rank.:D Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Archived