Celebrity Solstice - Anyone Interested in trying to form a CC group in late 08 or 09?

Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Celebrity Solstice - Group Cruise Poll

• Nope, sorry not interested
    • Maiden Voyage! I Don't Care Where It Goes or When!
    • Fall 2008
    • Winter 2009
    • Spring 2009
    • Summer 2009

Hi Everyone !

I was happy to see the excellent response. Please keep letting us know if you have any interest in a Maiden Voyage Group sailing.

A lot of things remain to be seen, such as... when Solstice's debut will be, her itineraries, how long will her sailings be ? where her homeport will be located etc.

I will try to get these questions answered. However, we may be many months away from these answers. Let's try to keep this thread going. As soon as I get any details, you will be the first to know :)

Hi Everyone !

I was happy to see the excellent response. Please keep letting us know if you have any interest in a Maiden Voyage Group sailing.

A lot of things remain to be seen, such as... when Solstice's debut will be, her itineraries, how long will her sailings be ? where her homeport will be located etc.

I will try to get these questions answered. However, we may be many months away from these answers. Let's try to keep this thread going. As soon as I get any details, you will be the first to know :)

Thanks Andy I think you can count Ellis and I in too! Nothing booked for 2008! As long as it leaves from the east coast we can go!:)

Thanks Andy I think you can count Ellis and I in too! Nothing booked for 2008! As long as it leaves from the east coast we can go!:)

I think the first cruise would be in Europe. If it starts late 2008 it might be a transatlantic.

I think the first cruise would be in Europe. If it starts late 2008 it might be a transatlantic.

OH I would love that! I'm definitely interested in a maiden voyage though. I've never been on one. I've never been on a ship anywher near that large either. Mercury is the biggest ship I've ever been on.

Terri

Why would any one want to do a maiden voyage? They are problematic to say the least. Especially problematic are those of new class design.

It takes a good 6-9 months to get all the kinks worked out on new designs.

I've done maidens, but thankfully mostly as an invited guest. I would never again pay for one. The last one I paid for was Millie.. and it was cancelled!

No maidens and no sailings immediately following a major renovation!

I was on the maiden voyage of the Infinity and loved it.:D It was delayed by a month(thankfully my DH and I have flexible schedules).:rolleyes:

Because of the inconvenience, we were offered the cruise and air at 2 for 1. What a saving!:p We had booked an oceanview cabin. When we got to the pier we found out that we had been upgraded to a balcony.:D This being our first cruise, we were awed.

At night, on returning to our cabin we received many nice gifts. The nicest was a piece of crystal celebrating the Infinity's maiden voyage.

Everything was fun. We were excited to be the first to do many things. It felt very special. I would love to be on the maiden voyage of the Solstice!!!

I think X-fans are very ready for a new ship. That's pretty classy of X to kudos you for a 1 month delay. Heck, the house I built was delayed by 6 months and it was only a couple of thousand square feet. The only thing I got for the delay was a higher intrest rate from the bank. LOL!

di

I am sure ALL Celebrity Fans are VERY ready for a new class of ship. From the amount Celebrity is spending, I am confident they will be very special.

IMHO, Celebrity is VERY late to the newbuild party. They should have placed orders a few years ago. This way, we would be enjoying some new ships sooner instead of later.

When we were on the Connie, I think it was her third trip after the power pod problems, we went ashore in St Croix for the day and when we got back the ship was flying a flag from another country. They had changed the painted registry on the back and her blue hull was being painted white. A little "twlight zoney". New ship/ new look/just new....Wierd feeling!

I hope one of the new ships would do the Caribbean in the summer.

I hope so too. With Solstice & Equinox not being able to sail the Panama Canal, we have a reasonable chance of her being a year round Caribbean ship, at least for the first season. I am sure much of that decision will depend on how stong Europe Cruising will be in 2008. If Europe stays strong, she may wind up being 1/2 year in the Caribbean & Summer in Europe. We will have to wait and see.

Hi Andy and everyone,

Count me in as well. I would love to meet all of you and sail on a maiden voyage of a brand new Celebrity ship. I am so ready for my favorite line to introduce these new ships. I bet we can all get a great rate.

Walter

Archived