Gym and Spa Question

If I want to do Yoga while on the Freedom and have a manicure and pedicure, do I need to rush up to the spa as soon as I get on the ship in order to reserve my space? Just curious, on Disney everything was booked by the time I realized what was happening. On Princess everything could be booked before you boarded? How is this procedure on RCCL?

I don't think you need to shove others aside in your rush to get an appointment, but sometime during your 1st day would be a good idea if you have specific times in mind. If you are open to "anytime is good" appointments, they will have openings all during the week--they just may be at odd times!

I agree with CB at Sea. You sign up for Yoga on Deck 11 in the Ship Shape center. There are sign up sheets on clipboards with each class for each day. Space is limited. On embarkation day, spa & salon appointments were done in the same area to accommodate the long line of people wanting treatments.

For the spa appointments, especially if you want them done the first sea day or before the first formal night, then going to the spa to book the appointments should be one of the 1st things you do on the ship. On my Brilliance cruise I didn't make it up to the spa until about 3pm on embarkation day. There were absolutely no spa appointments left for the next day - for any treatment. I was able to get a massage and facial on embarkation day, but all other spots were already taken. I didn't get my manicure until 2 days later.

We want to book spa treatments on our first at sea day which just so happens to be the very first full day we are at sea. Of course, this is going to book quickly. Does anyone know if it is better for us to go directly to the spa to book the treatments or can the Concierge be of more assitance in guaranteeing the times that we want?

Thanks for your input!

Leah

Go directly to the spa. If you wait to see the Concierge, you may be out of luck.

One recommendation, when you get to the spa, they are going to ask if you want a tour. Book your appointments first, then do the tour. That way you are ahead of all the people that are doing the tour.

Does anyone know if it is better for us to go directly to the spa to book the treatments or can the Concierge be of more assitance in guaranteeing the times that we want?

I'd suggest going straight there yourself and avoid the middleman. It's quicker, you can decide for yourself whether a given time is acceptable without relaying your wishes to somebody else, and it sounds to me like you'll feel better knowing it's taken care of. :)

Now, if you find you're too late, that would probably be a good time to call on the concierge and see if he/she can pull some strings!

Hmmm . . . exotic lime and mustard salt glow? Mustardweed wrap?

Okay' date=' I'm off to write my lines. ' I will not hijack posts. I will not hijack posts.' :D

[/font']

You should head over to the MOS. A little hijacking is always welcome there.:D

Archived