Captain QE2 World Cruise 2007

Luna19

Hi,;)

Anybody knows which Captain will be on QE2 during the World Cruise 2007???

No. I wonder if it'll be the same captain that has done the Christmas 2006 cruise - does anyone know? Is there a way of finding out?:confused:

Hi,;)

Anybody knows which Captain will be on QE2 during the World Cruise 2007???

I am hoping that Ian McNaught or Paul Wright will return from their (hopefully temporary) banishment to Princess. See you aboard. Are you on the full cruise or a segment?

I am hoping that Ian McNaught or Paul Wright will return from their (hopefully temporary) banishment to Princess. See you aboard. Are you on the full cruise or a segment?

----------------------------------------------

We're with you there! My daughter and I have reservations from NYC to San Francisco. Edithe in Dallas TEXAS

:) We've just come off the Med cruise and were told that Ian McNaught would be at the helm for Christmas and the 1st lap of the QE2 World cruise! He is definately our favourite captain....so let's hope we were given the right info...see you all at the Christmas Carol service!

We've just come off the Med cruise and were told that Ian McNaught would be at the helm for Christmas and the 1st lap of the QE2 World cruise! He is definitely our favourite captain....so let's hope we were given the right info...see you all at the Christmas Carol service!

Thanks for the info - We've never had Capt McNaught as a captain - but from hearsay he seems to be good (aren't all QE2 captains though?).

Are you on the Christmas cruise? I've started a roll call thread here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=344138.

Malcolm

No, not "seems to be good"....he IS the Best QE2 Captain....and a great favourite with the crew;sadly Princess have had him for the past year...we just hope his return is permanent.So we do hope he will be on the Christmas Cruise...be prepared though,his nickname is "No port, McNaught"! Apart from a very eventful last Transaltantic... we have always had to miss a port due to bad weather, not that we minded, that's what " going to sea" is all about! Wonder which port we won't see at Christmas !!!!

Wonder which port we won't see at Christmas!

Last year it was nearly Gibraltar - bad weather in Gib meant that it had to be rescheduled so it was swapped with Barcelona. If he's happy to miss ports I bet he wouldn't bother with the reordering - he'd just miss it:(

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite Captain is Nick Bates, he loves his job, he loves the QE2 and all the passengers and crew aswell. Captain McNaught is fine....a little unsure sometimes perhaps, but it for the safety of thousands so it´s ok, but we noticed he preferently exchanged words only with people from UK, some Australians, and Americans...... We would love to have Captain Bates at least some segments of the WC 2007. Some friends which were on board recently told us that McNaught will be there Southampton-Hongkong and then Captain Bates will come.....but i don´t know where they got the information from. Well for sure we will be there for the whole thing.

My favourite Captain is Nick Bates, he loves his job, he loves the QE2 and all the passengers and crew aswell.

Im with you on that one!!! l just hope hes in command for my med trip in Oct nov...On my last cruise we arrived in a port 10 hours early due to an injured crew member, had rough weather in the Med, Passed QM2 romping south and docked in Southampton 8 hours late again due to rough weather , and through it all he was the topps, not only a great Captain, but a super guy!!!

No doubt we all have our own fav Captain, perhaps somebody should start a poll?......

cheers

Myles

• 3 months later...
----------------------------------------------

We're with you there! My daughter and I have reservations from NYC to San Francisco. Edithe in Dallas TEXAS

How old is your daughter? We are bringing our 17 year old with us from New york to Sydney.

Do you really Eat ALL insects?:p YUCK!!!:eek:

I called Cunard yesterday and tried to pry the information out of them. Ian McNaught looks like the favorite. While I had them on the phone, they confirmed the ship will sail from Brooklyn - but they said that last month when QE2 called in and instead went to her usual westside pier in Manhattan (no other ship was at Red Hook). I swear that ship has a mind of her own! CunardQueen on these boards said that Nick Bates comes on this week and then is off before the holiday cruise when Ian McNaught returns. Let's hope we get Ian!

If Capt. McNaught comes aboard before the Holiday Cruise then he would not likely be aboard for the whole World Cruise.

I think it is common practice to divide the World Cruise up between two Captains.

It is interesting to note that the two former Princess Captains - Bernie Warner and Christopher Rynd - are currently assigned to QM2 while Captain McNaught and Capt. Bates are assigned to QE2.

Capt. Wright of course was just appointed the first Master of QUEEN VICTORIA.

I am not sure where this leaves Capt. Perkins who had been in command of QE2 recently (maybe still is?) - with the return of Capt. McNaught does this mean QE2 now has three Masters?

Captain McNaught and Capt. Bates are assigned to QE2.

Thank God if this is true. We couldn't have 2 better masters for the world cruise than McNaught and Bates.

I got my pre-cruise documents today... visa applications, shore excursions, this, that... I am humbled by it all and thankful that I can do this. I have received so much helpful, intelligent and useful suggestions through CruiseCritic.

Thanks for keeping us all in line, Doug!

This morning I had a call from the Cunard Concierge service to confirm that Ian McNaught will be Captain for the Christmas & New Year voyage. He will threfore replace Captain Perkins and will, in all probability, do the first half of the World Cruise - as suggested by Doug.

Thank God if this is true. We couldn't have 2 better masters for the world cruise than McNaught and Bates.

I got my pre-cruise documents today... visa applications, shore excursions, this, that... I am humbled by it all and thankful that I can do this. I have received so much helpful, intelligent and useful suggestions through CruiseCritic.

Thanks for keeping us all in line, Doug!

Hi Bobby,

We're still waiting for our QM2 WC pre-cruise packet. Can you tell us for which countries you need visas?

Thanks!

Archived