Living In Halifax....

...or anyone else who may know ! :)

We are booking the carriage ride into Acadia National Park. We start it at the Acadia Wildwood Stables.

I understand that it is 8 miles from the cruise pier to the stables.

Besides a cab, what are my other transportation options...to get to/from the stables?

Is there a lunch place that someone can recommend that is in the area of the stables?

Where exactly is "Jordon Pond House"? Is this a recommended lunch place?

Thanks!

Just didn't want you getting off in Halifax looking for the park..mind you we have lots of nice parks just not that one...

Have a great trip. It's a wonderful time of year to be here.

Sorry I can't answer your question on Bar Harbour. Hopefully someone can.

Hi Rick,

I am a fellow bluenoser, Just outside of Halifax, Lake Echo. Just wanted to drop a note and say great job! You are a wealth of information about our fair city. keep up the good work You do us proud.

Kim

Rick and other nice Halifax folks-

The Bluenose II will be in Halifax when we are and we're thinking about taking one of their tours. We would have to take a 1pm tour, tour is 2 hours, and our ship departs at 4pm (way too early for such a great port). Would this be doable? Are the places where Bluenose II and cruise ships port fairly close?

tia for any and all information

Caroline is correct, the Bluenose II is docked about a 10-15 minute walk from the cruise ship.I believe it's the Queens wharf, you will see it on the link

http://halifaxinfo.com/WaterfrontHRMt.pdf

As for time I'd say you've got lots.

Have a great time , the Bluenose II is a beautiful schooner.I've been on her and had a blast.

Rick1965

Thanks Rick for all your great ideas. You mentioned that horse back riding is a great option for teens. Can adults ride as well, and do you know the name of the company that offers it. Sounds like fun !!! Not excited about being in a cab for the day would rather enjoy some fresh air....Thanks so much

I bet I can expect a link ;) See you in Sept......

Rick1965,

Since you live in Halifax I need some help trying to remember the name of a musuem in the city area (not the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic) near where the cruise ships dock. We will be up there the second week of September and it would be nice to see something we haven't already. I might add this will be our 5th or 6th visit to Halifax.

Thanks for whatever you can suggest. We have been to the Citadel and Peggy's Cove as well.

MARAPRINCE

I think the museum you're think of is the Museum of Natural Histroy

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/home.htm

Here's another link to some of the other museums and scince centers in the city.

http://www.where.ca/halifax/category_guide.cfm?category_id=5

This might be helpful in deciding what to do as well

http://www.where.ca/halifax/index.cfm

welcome back to our fair city.

Rick1965

Rick1965,

Since you live in Halifax I need some help trying to remember the name of a musuem in the city area (not the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic) near where the cruise ships dock. We will be up there the second week of September and it would be nice to see something we haven't already. I might add this will be our 5th or 6th visit to Halifax.

Thanks for whatever you can suggest. We have been to the Citadel and Peggy's Cove as well.

MARAPRINCE

Mara, I think that this is what you are looking for:

http://www.pier21.ca/

Merion Mom,

No, that's not the one. I believe the Museum I am referring to is in downtown Halifax maybe in the Historic Properties area? Wish I could remember the name of it! I saw an article and now I cannot find the article! Must be getting too excited about the trip coming next month!

MARAPRINCE

Here is the information you're looking for, I'm not sure if they take credit cards.

Child/Youth (6-17 years)

$ 3.00

Adult (18yrs +): $ 5.00

Family A (2 adults & children) $ 15.00

Family B (1 adult & children) $ 10.50

Senior (65 +) $ 4.50

University Students $ 4.00

Children 5 & under

Free

http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/admissions.htm

Hope this helps

Rick1965

Rick1965,

What is the cost of admission ( in Canadian money) for the Museum of Natural History? Do they accept credit cards? This way we can get enough in Canadian money on the ship if necessary.

Thank you.

MARAPRINCE

VISA or MASTERCARD accepted -I got this info from the shop section of the link Rick posted for the museum. If the gift shop takes Visa and Mastercard, then I am sure you can use it for admission. Royal Caribbean would not change money for us on our cruise to Canada, and I would just use a credit card for anything you can, and then make sure you have lots of US one dollar bills before you get off the ship so if you have small items you have to pay cash for you won't end up with too much Canadian change.

Rick1965/C Breeze,

Much thanks to both of you for the information. I used the links and now I know the price and location. Depending on the weather we might do the Museum.

C Breeze

We paid with Master Card at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Came to about $3.50 US money when I got my statement. IMO -- a very good deal!

Thanks again.

Archived