RCI no deviation available/TRY JETBLUE?

CruiseEnthusiast

I booked a cruise leaving Port Canaveral on the 24th of December. I tried to get airfare through RCI the day before the cruise (I booked a hotel on my own as RCI did not offer that hotel that I wanted). RCI does not have any deviation available the day before NON STOP :mad: . I ONLY want NON STOP as I have a passenger that cannot take the reconnecting flights.

I am going from Newark (preferably in the EARLY morning to avoid the crowds) and coming back on the 31st whenever I get off of the ship! Anyone have any thoughts on airfare?

Additionally, anyone that has flown JETBLUE, please let me know their thoughts. I heard that they are cheaper because the planes themselves are SO Much smaller, any truth to that?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Jet Blue is our favorite airline, although they are not always the cheapest option. Their planes are full size jets - A320s as I recall, and they are quite up to date. I would fly them in a heartbeat.

They used to be a very cheap option from Long Beach to New York, $99 each way. But after they drove American (their only competition on that route) out of Long Beach, the fares started rising - now it's $179 each way unless there is a sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, maybe not the most appropriate term!!!

We flew JetBlue from Syracuse to Long Beach in March for our Mex Riv cruise... it was much better than any of the other commercial airlines! Comfy leather seats, snacks (much better than some sandwich that was made God knows when) & Direct TV!!!! Sure makes the time go faster on a cross country flight when you can watch what you want.

Just make sure that when you're in JFK, stay close to your gate. The place is an absolute zoo & it can be tough to hear the announcements for boarding.

Waiting patiently for their February schedule to open up so we can fly them again!!

We flew Jet Blue non stop from Oakland to Ft. Lauderdale for the first time this past May and I would use them again in a heartbeat. We managed to catch exit row seats and there was a ton of leg room. We all found the staff were very personable, the flight took basically no time at all since we were watching t.v. which is placed on the seat in front of you. Very enjoyable flight. Would pick Jet Blue again in a heartbeat.

Marilyn

Archived