Just Back from 6/18 Freedom!

We just returned and had a wonderful vacation. Weather and seas were perfect although upon returning to Miami the weather was bad and our flight delayed yesterday...we are from West Coast.

We loved the ship, activities, night life, etc. Our Stateroom Attendants were nice but not detailed. Had to ask for more toilet paper a few times. Other than that, it was fine. Cust Svc was fine too. Everyone was nice and helpful so no real complaints there. In fact, we ran into more rude employees when we were on the Mariner in 2004.

They did a great job in matching us w/ tablemates. We are a family of 5 and they put us with another family of 5 AND our kids were all the same ages. My 20 yr old son hit it off w/ their 20 yr old daughter and they have been texting each other ever since we left....maybe FATE? we'll see...haha. We had a lot in common w/ this family and enjoyed going to dinner each night. Wonder if they did this purposely or just a coincidence?

I was surprised in the gift shops that they didn't have much that said Freedom 2006. I like to get ornaments or magnets w/ the year but couldn't find any. IF you want to purchase the model ship it is 25.00 and they go fast as they only carry 100 onboard for now. But it early in week. I waited and missed out as I didn't know they were limited. If anyone from CA area is going this year, please let me know if I could send you a check for the ship and S&H...I would be so grateful!

Food was okay...but many desserts delicious. Sorrentos pizza good too. The shows were great...esp Once Upon A time...don't miss it. We went to our 2nd QUEST show and surprised to see that it was not FULL like our last cruise on Mariner. We still had fun and my 20 yr old son ended up being in the DVD...for getting out there! haha.

Anyway, I might be forgetting some things so just ask any questions and I will respond or add to my comments above.

Bottom line...we all had fun and will definitely go again!...but not too crazy about Miami!!

Had to ask for more toilet paper a few times. Other than that, it was fine.

Hmmmm, methinks they still have not gotten the TP logistics down yet. :rolleyes: Had that same issue week one. Turned out to be verging on crisis-level, not simply a forgetful attendant. LOL

Glad you had a great cruise! She's a beauty, isn't she??

T

Hmmmm, methinks they still have not gotten the TP logistics down yet. :rolleyes: Had that same issue week one. Turned out to be verging on crisis-level, not simply a forgetful attendant. LOL

Glad you had a great cruise! She's a beauty, isn't she??

T

I always bring my own T paper as I don't like sandpaper on my butt

Frank

RE: the cell phones...we have cingular although we didn't use the phones, they did work well. My husband had to use it once and the reception was good. Cingular charges us 2.00 a minute so we decided before the cruise not to use unless necessary. I don't know about Verizon though.

Oh forgot to mention, Gloria Estefan and her family were on our cruise. My son got a picture w/ her on the last night in the Crypt and my other son partied w/ her nephew during the cruise.

Forgot to mention...the one thing we were unhappy with was the internet svc...or should I say lack of. Just as others have said, it is very slow and your paid time goes very fast because of it. My husband is self employed and works on the internet and was very frustrated. It eats up your dollars and it would have been better if they just had a price for unlimited time like before....

We LOVED the Freedom! We just got back last night, and loved every minute of it! The weather was great, and the ship was better than I could have imagined. The beds were great!

We did the Quest, and actually, I was a team captain! (Team 5) Don't miss it! It was a great time!

Ken Rush is a great Cruise Director! He kept things fun the whole week!

Also, don't miss "Once Upon a Time." It was GREAT!!!

If you are going soon, you are in for the week of your life! You will love it!

Also, our waiters, Rony and Lenard were great!!!

Maverick Mike...what deck were you on? We were on Deck 8 and I saw a Newlywed sign on a door and thought of you!!

Hey Mike I think you were our team captain at the Quest. We were in Team 5 and my oldest son was the one who showed you his tattoo on his arm and dropped his pants for you! He is in the DVD...w/ you. Do you remember this?

My son slapped you on the booty in the DVD also.....haha

We all had a blast on this cruise...and loved the ship! More positives than negatives for us!!

Laurae....I had wanted to buy the Freedom Ship Model..it is 25.00. They didn't have them for the first sailing but are just now starting to sell about 100 per cruise. I had started collecting them for the cruises we've done on various ships..(Disney & Mariner). If you are able to get it for me, you need to buy it the first or second day since they are limited. I could mail you a check in advance and money for S&H. Let me know. I am in Northern California. These model ships are sold in the souvenir & gift shop next to the General Store I believe. They have them on a display easy to see.

I would be so grateful if you can do this for me....

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick review tezbear, it's nice to hear from someone that's not so critical at all the little stuff that happens while traveling. The perfect cruise (or anything for that matter) is rare so it's nice to hear from someone and others who's trip wasn't "ruined" by one or two minuscule things.

Great job guys, glad to know there's still some of us out here.

Fred

I always bring my own T paper as I don't like sandpaper on my butt

Frank

I cannot believe I am responding to a TP post, (butt) here goes....Pleas don't bring along your own, what they use on the ships is friendly to their system and what you bring may clog the sewage system on the ship. We've read many times of plumbing backups into the cabins and the horrid accompanying smells.

We were on Deck 7, so that wasn't us, but..

I was the team captain of Team 5 during Quest. I was in an orange shirt, and my new wife and our friends were in the front row. Yeah, I'm on the cruise DVD dancing with some random guy. I guess that might be your son!

It was all in fun, and we loved the Freedom. I still have a smile on my face from our cruise 2 days later! It would be hard not to have a good time there!

MM

Yes, Mike that random guy was my 20 yr old son....has short buzz haircut...good looking...of course..haha. Too funny that I ended up meeting or knowing who you are in an indirect way. I originally said no more cruises til 3 yrs from now when my youngest graduates h.s and our 25th also but now I am thinking I can't wait that long..maybe an Eastern Itinerary sooner on the Freedom OR Liberty....have to see about affording it too!

One more thing I just remembered....there was an odor coming from the Flowrider/B-Ball court area. It was stronger before sailing but always there...sort of like sulphur or rotten eggs. Never did ask why there was an odor...anyone hear of this or know more?

Grumpus....Glad to be positive for you! We come a long way (west coast)and it's an expensive trip for 5 people so I won't let the little things ruin a good time. As I get older, I'm learning to "let it go"...wished I had done that more in my younger years. Anyway, we got there & back safely,no one got sick, everyone had fun and didn't want to leave...so we had a good time...and NEED to go again!

Archived