• Disney
    • Holland America
    • NCL
    • Oceania
    • Princess
    • Royal Caribbean
    • Other (Please Post)

• Administrators

Princess rolled out their "new signature line" just before I sailing on Grand Princess. Loved it......

Laura

Fred. Olsen, and more specifically Fred. Olsen's Braemer, has the most perfect bedding on the seas. I don't want anything too comfortable, because then I'd just stay in bed the whole cruise. Am I right? Am I right? Who's with me?

Anyway, Fred. keeps things nice and efficient. The beds are just nice enough so you get a solid night's sleep, but you're not so comfortable that you decide to blow off the day's activities. :D

Difficult to vote unless you've tried 'em all.:D

Carnival's new bedding system was luxurious on my last coupla cruises. RCI's on a recent cruise wasn't nearly as comfy, but no major complaints.

This poll is ridiculous. How can we compare unless we have been on all the cruise lines? Of course Crystal has better beds than Carnival; but far more people have cruised on Carnival so obviously it will get the most votes.

CARNIVAL all the way!!! I absolutely LOVE their new beds, and have got some of the best sleep I've ever had every time I sail on one of their ships:-) Their new white down comfortors are like sleeping in a cloud.

Chic

I can't vote until I have been on all of the listed ships. I'm willing, but will need financial assistance to complete the entire list. I wonder who would sponsor this comparative study......? I, therefore, checked "other".

By far the most comfy bed was in a Zuiderdam suite. My wife literally spent most of the cruise in bed (just sleep). It's like sleeping in your grandma's feather bed. That was the most relaxing week I have ever spent (even though we spent most of the time trying to steer away from Hurricane Frances).

Since I've only been on 3 different cruise lines its hard to vote, I can say of the 3 the worst bed was on Royal Olympic. I felt bad for our table mates since it was there anniversary and they couldn't even push the beds together!!!

Princess rolled out their "new signature line" just before I sailing on Grand Princess. Loved it......

Laura

LauraS...do you know if Princess changed their bedding on all their ships or just the Grand? We are set to sail on Caribbean Princess in Oct. Since it's such a new ship, I would guess, they didn't get new bedding. :(

Thanks!

I don't think this thread is ridiculous. It's a great way to take votes. Certainly not everyone has sailed on all lines but...if you get enough votes for a particular line...there you have it. Let's have fun here!!!! Gee whiz-we're talkin vacation, not retirement savings and whether or not we have enough! Easy does it!

If I am on a moving ship, I can sleep out on a concrete deck, with the sun at high noon, using only my arm for a pillow! There's nothing like the motion of the ocean to lull me asleep, except perhaps a ride in a Pullman.:)

Archived