Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

cypayne, Please more info on secret door? We are going on our second cruise this year and I would love a kiss from my husband in a secreat place :)

I am not cypayne, but I can answer your question. On the Triumph there are entrances to a bow balcony on Upper Deck (6) and I believe a few of the other decks also. Our stateroom was on Upper so that is the one I used. It was great to get a view to the other side of the ship entering port and was usually very quiet. However, if you are at sea at speed, it can be very windy. I believe they would be on all Destiny class ships.

The balcony is very large and looks out over the entire bow area. The main deck bow area (where Leonardo hung out in Titanic) appeared to be a crew only area.

Hope this helps.

I second the info on the bow deck on deck 6. I was upgraded from an inside guarantee to #6202 which is technically a partially obstructed ocean view cabin in the bow of the ship. I never noticed an obstruction from my window and was thrilled to have it. There was a door just steps away from my cabin that led out onto that deck. It was very windy at times but it was also extremely quiet. It was also a great place to pick up a cell signal almost as soon as you reenter the Mississippi River on Saturday night. I was dying to check on my children since I hadn't talked to them in 7 days.

Thanks all of you. I am new to this board and to "crusin". I am overwhelmed with all the little tidbits and tricks of the trade. Keep them coming!!!:D We are taking our first cruise in December with the entire family (27 of us). Wish us luck!!

the one thing we have a great sucess with is buying wide ribbon or large bows (red, green, yellow, etc) any color that stand out and tying them on the handles of your luggage just before you put them outside of your room on the last night of the cruise. The next morning when you debark and go into that large and I mean large warehouse area to get your luggage you will instanly know which pieces belong to you as everyone around you will be frantically looking for theirs, you will be surprise how many pieces look alike. still you must check the name tags as someone might have the same idea and bought the same color ribbon.:cool:

:cool:

I've been on 2 Carnival cruises. Going on 3rd in 1 month! Paradise - 9/24. Love all these tips! I have one: on both cruises we brought our own pop and wine coolers onboard with us. Just pack them in your suitcase! Kep them in your room fridge and you can have pop w/ your lunches, pizza, room service, whatever! Never had a problem with that. Anyone out there have a tip for me? -- I'm crusing this time with my teenage daughter, her friend and another Mom. All 4 osf us in one oceanview cabin. Anyone done this? and HOW? :eek:

:cool:

I've been on 2 Carnival cruises. Going on 3rd in 1 month! Paradise - 9/24. Love all these tips! I have one: on both cruises we brought our own pop and wine coolers onboard with us. Just pack them in your suitcase! Kep them in your room fridge and you can have pop w/ your lunches, pizza, room service, whatever! Never had a problem with that. Anyone out there have a tip for me? -- I'm crusing this time with my teenage daughter, her friend and another Mom. All 4 osf us in one oceanview cabin. Anyone done this? and HOW? :eek:

Unless you are in a suite, you will not have an in-cabin refrigerator on the Paradise.

Pride is a spirit class ship - they have refrigerators in balcony rooms (I've been on Spirit). Triumph is a destiny class ship - they have refrigerators as well.

Paradise is a fantasy class ship - no refrigerators in balcony rooms (I've been on Ecstasy, another fantasy class ship and as I know it, only the suites have frigs)

Don't be too disapointment, you won't miss it.

Here's an idea - try looking around the boards a little more and finding the posts in the admin section relating to how-to get a countdown clock and how to test them. They do have threads for such posts.

Just going to any random thread and testing out one's clock is getting terribly annoying.

Okay, I have a tip, but don't flame me for this. I admit it's a little sneaky. And you can blame my husband, it was his idea. He goes to the galley of pictures and finds ours. Then he gets up real close to our picture and takes his own picture of it. That way he doesn't have to pay for our picture. I know. We're bad. Real bad.

You are BAD, really bad, but I like your style!! May try the same myself! How do you do it, have the lense poking out through a button hole in your shirt? ha ha!!;)

"Originally Posted by cruisinqt

Okay, I have a tip, but don't flame me for this. I admit it's a little sneaky. And you can blame my husband, it was his idea. He goes to the galley of pictures and finds ours. Then he gets up real close to our picture and takes his own picture of it. That way he doesn't have to pay for our picture. I know. We're bad. Real bad."

All I can say to you ladies is, very naughty. LOL. I read this post to my wife and we both had a good laugh. We have had a problem with the Photo people on every cruise we have gone on. They appear to be a fairly anal lot. One tip is that if you walk around after the late seating on formal nights, the photo station and backdrops are usual still standing and unattended long enough for you to enlist a friend or fellow Pax to take a quick pic on your private camera.

Another tip which we got from this board before our first cruise was to bring a thermos style hot/cold mug with a lid and fill with coffee, ice tea, lemonade or self made ice coffee from the lido deck dispensers and ice machines. Works great for coffee in the morning or a cold beverage while lounging at the pool.

Keep them coming

Archived