Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

I had an incident two weeks ago where I had three towels up on deck. Wife left, and I thought I heard her say she had taken one towel.

When I went to my chair, there was only one towel there, so now I didn't know if someone had taken one, or she said she left one towel.

When I got back to the room, there was only one towel there, so sure enough, someone swiped mine.

I was prepared to just let it go, and go by what I read on the boards that they didn't charge you.

But I couldn't let it go, nor chance it, and of course it was bothering me. So, I simply swiped one out of the bag that the cabin steward had next to his rolling cart on one of my journeys back to my cabin and threw it on the floor in my bathroom.

:eek:

Kapcruiser, the only beach towels you have access to are the ones that they place in your room prior to your arrival. There are no extra towels out by the pool like some hotels do. You could take along your regular bath towels from your room. I even saw one woman that had a flat twin sized sheet that she had brought along for the beach. We were at Cozumel and I saw her spread it out for her family to lay on. Personally, I wouldn't go through all of that trouble.:( We just use our beach towels.:) Once, one of ours came up missing when we returned from the beach. My hubby saw a bag of dirty beach towels in the hallway and grabbed one. He put it on our bathroom floor so the cabin attendant would see it and clean it for us. We always see bags of beach towels ( dirty ones and clean ones ) in the morning when the rooms are being cleaned. I don't think there would be a problem getting one replaced if you lost yours.:D

the only beach towels you have access to are the ones that they place in your room prior to your arrival. There are no extra towels out by the pool like some hotels do.
This is not true. There is a towel station up on the Lido deck, where you use your S&S card to "rent" them. When you return them, they "reverse" the charge. Therefore, it's free, but you are liable if you lose them.

But I couldn't let it go, nor chance it, and of course it was bothering me. So, I simply swiped one out of the bag that the cabin steward had next to his rolling cart on one of my journeys back to my cabin and threw it on the floor in my bathroom.

:eek:

Arggggggggggggggggg....I wish I had thought of that!!!

Spoilt...who had to dish out the $22.00

Arggggggggggggggggg....I wish I had thought of that!!!

Spoilt...who had to dish out the $22.00

SPOILT...where ya been you spoiled lil' thang:D...go to the Saints and Sinners thread...that's where it's all happenin' these days...Jake

SPOILT...where ya been you spoiled lil' thang:D...go to the Saints and Sinners thread...that's where it's all happenin' these days...Jake

Dear MrNobody.....LOL---you know NOT what you ask/suggest!! Besides, I'm a Party Pirate...not an SS!!

Spoilt

Dear MrNobody.....LOL---you know NOT what you ask/suggest!! Besides, I'm a Party Pirate...not an SS!!

Spoilt

SPOILT...I'm neither...I just returned from a cruise on the Elation Sunday...best cruise yet!!...everyone is welcome on the S&S thread...it's all goin' down there...come over and check it out and I'll *spoil* you...you're my guest...LOL

SPOILT...I'm neither...I just returned from a cruise on the Elation Sunday...best cruise yet!!...everyone is welcome on the S&S thread...it's all goin' down there...come over and check it out and I'll *spoil* you...you're my guest...LOL

Thanks for the invite....but not enough time right now! About that *spoiling* though.......................;)

Spoilt

I was on the Spirit for my honeymoon in January and we definitely did NOT get charged for the cake they presented us. It was fairly large and we shared with the four others at the table. We are going on Glory for my moms 60th birthday in Oct and the travel agent noted the special occasion and date. I better not see a charge for that cake!

I was on the Spirit for my honeymoon in January and we definitely did NOT get charged for the cake they presented us. It was fairly large and we shared with the four others at the table. We are going on Glory for my moms 60th birthday in Oct and the travel agent noted the special occasion and date. I better not see a charge for that cake!

I think the cake charging went into effect on May 1. On my May 2 sailing, we were offered the cake for our anniversary for a charge. We declined, but they still sang to us the next night and put a candle in a hot chocolate souffle.:p

HI I booked a cruise through Priceline and the question was 'are we celebrating anything special'? I indicated yes Anniversary - ( I have been on three other Royal Caribbean cruises and have always gotten a cake so thought nothing of it)

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Carnival charges for it- so I called Priceline and had it removed. Only about $10-15 bucks I imagine, but with all the desserts available - I didn't see the need for that extra charge. You might want to double check :rolleyes:

I still don't get charging for the cake when it's cheaper to make them than the other desserts. They save money by us sharing our cake with our tablemates.... Whatever, but I will be cancelling our order for 2 cakes during the cruise- they aren't that good anyway! :)

This really isn't a secret but you know how you don't get much room in the bathrooms to put all your toiletries? Get one of those plastic shoe holders you hang in back of the doors and all you do is fill them with all your little things that clutter up the bathroom! Walmart or KMart for $5.00 or less. Dollar store sometimes.

Check out your dining room seating as soon as you get there and find your table so when you come to eat in the evening you will know your way around and not walking in circles looking........

Order your coffee and danish the night before so when you wake up, you won't have to wait for that first cup of coffee. (even 10 minutes feels like forever......I love my first cup of java)

Make sure you check your daily charges so if there's a dispute, you can deal with it right away. Sometimes we forget from days before!

HI I booked a cruise through Priceline and the question was 'are we celebrating anything special'? I indicated yes Anniversary - ( I have been on three other Royal Caribbean cruises and have always gotten a cake so thought nothing of it)

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Carnival charges for it- so I called Priceline and had it removed. Only about $10-15 bucks I imagine, but with all the desserts available - I didn't see the need for that extra charge. You might want to double check :rolleyes:

On my Destiny cruise 3 of us were celebrating Birthdays and we got cakes Three different nights ,and never remembered being charged:eek: .

I am HCS81m sister.

When I sailed on the Carnival Victory I brought aboard my own water and extra ziploc bags. At the time I was going to use the bags to replace any bags that I had my toiletries in that might break. What I actually ended up using them for was taking them for lunch on my shore excursions.

Before going on the excursions I would order breakfast from room service early so we would be able to eat before leaving to go on our excursion and not have to worry about being late and having to run to the dining room and meet our tour. I also ordered sandwiches at the same time from room service and tucked them in my ziploc bags. During the excursions if, we went someplace where it was hard to get lunch or we wanted to stay behind and walk around without having to go back to the ship I always had something in my ziploc bag to eat:D .

I ordered a 9" cake, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, for my wife's birthday along with a table decoration. They charged for both items, but the table was done very nice and the cake was wonderful. Everyone at the table (10) had a generous slice, yum! :D I think the cake was $9 and I'm not sure how much the table decoration was. This was on the Elation 7/18/04.

This may not be of any concern to a lot of people, but the eggs they use in the buffet for breakfast for scrambled and omlets is actually "egg product". Not sure what that is, so I always ask the omlet chef to make me fried eggs...over easy, medium...what ever. I'm sure the "egg product" is fine, but I just like the real thing.

Funny though....I'll drink the 'recombined milk". Not sure what that is either, but it tastes just like the real thing.

Cinderelli, (By the way, love that name)

I didn't think about the ziplock bags. Love that idea.

Yes, it was those ports you said. I just ordered the night before for my coffee and danish. I don't know if the Legend allows you to take out food from the ship. Why not?

Dotcruiser -

I too use the ziploc bag idea. Another idea for packing your lunch that morning is to go to the breakfast buffet. They always have bread available for toast. They also usually have turkey and ham available for those that want to make bagel sandwiches, etc....Voila - you have lunch! I have found room service to be slow on the mornings in port so this is quicker for us. I've never had any problem getting off the ship with my lunches either. Now of course I don't have them sitting on top of my purse in plain sight, but I've never been stopped.

Something else we've done is to order room service the night before with chips and cookies. We make fresh sandwiches in the a.m., but the chips and cookies from the night before are fine if you put in baggies and now you have an even better lunch!

Don't wave your food around when getting off the ship and you should be okay... we saw one couple that was told they could not take food (opened, not sealed) off the ship, but they were just carrying it off... They are always going to mainly concerned with meat and fruit (since this is how many epidemics throughout history have been started), but if you are casual about it, you should not have any trouble...

Archived