Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

Not sure if this is still true, but when we cruised on Spirit 3 years ago, the speciality dining restaurant was free of charge for lunch, where you could order the same stuff for which you had to pay $20 or $25 at dinner...

Another sneaky pictrure option, ask the person in line behind you to take a photo of you with your perosnal camera at the same time the phtographer is....we have done this a lot and the pictures come out very nice!

When we cruised on the Pride, we asked our cabin steward for a foam pad for our bed. It was in place when we hit the sack the first night, and made the bed very comfy. I got the idea from these boards, of course! Fantastic!

Kkelle17 I like your idea! I will have to try it. It sounds like you have a very sneaky mind like I do. :D

Dukecruiser, I couldn't agree more! I really like this thread and I think we need to keep it up at the top. I already have a list compiled of all of the sneaky ideas and freebies that I like. :p

Momofzeke thanks for the info. I will definitely be asking for a foam pad for my bed on our next cruise!:)

Where can you get the type of laynard that has the clear plastic cover to put your S&S card in or do they not sell those on the ship?

these are called badge covers. You can get them at any office supply location. We have card keys at my work since we are behind secured, electronically locked doors and we keep our cards in the badge holders. You can also buy key chains that have a re-coiling string. That way you can just pull the card from your waist band to unlock your cabin.

Oh and there are hiking supply stores that carry clear/colored waterproof cases to hold badges, cash, keys, etc. We use those at work too.

If we have a fridge, we freeze damp washcloths the night before going ashore. Pack the frozen washcloths on ice in a zip lock bag and use them to cool off with while walking around. They were a life saver for us last July in the heat on Cozumel. Also if you have a balcony room, bring bungee cords to hold open the balcony door at night. You will be able to hear the ocean and get a nice breeze. And I do love that sneaky picture idea. My brother always has his camera on hand and would be nothing to take the pic at the same time as the photographer. We also bring 2 six packs of bottled water, the cost of a bottle of water on board is so overpriced. You can always refill empties with the tap water from the ship if the taste it isnt too bad and refridgerate them or keep them in a cooler. This also works for vodka, just dont mix them up. :)

Patty

Maybe someone here can answer this question. I've heard that Carnival now charges for the cakes/singing for special occasions now. Is that true? If so, that really stinks. What about the other cruise lines? Any one know?

When we ordered the anniversary package to be in our cabin upon boarding it automatically showed up on our s&s cards. Everytime we did something with our cards crew members wished us happy anniversary. then they sang to us at dinner one night, it was so cute and so unexpected. We never asked and had no idea they did this stuff.

I'm not sure if this was posted on this thread or not, I read about the following info from previous messages. If you want orange juice any time remember the exact place you got it during breakfast time. All they do is take off the label orange Juice making you think there is no OJ.

How about a FREE FACIAL?

After getting settled in your cabin, go up to the salon - spa area and let someone at the desk know you are willing to be a volunteer for whatever during the spa tour later that day... I haven't missed a free facial yet, and it's kinda fun to be the model and listen to all the questions people ask!

Also, check out the INTERNET CAFE for a drawing for free internet minutes (day one only)... check the CAPERS waiting in your cabin.

If you need asprin, seasick pills, or a variety of general medications, check the "0" deck where the waiting room is for the doctor. There were free samples for the taking in individual packets... also a weigh scale in case you need to weigh a suitcase (or yourself!).

"A cruise is what you make it"

Sue

How about a FREE FACIAL?

After getting settled in your cabin, go up to the salon - spa area and let someone at the desk know you are willing to be a volunteer for whatever during the spa tour later that day... I haven't missed a free facial yet, and it's kinda fun to be the model and listen to all the questions people ask!

What ship did you do this on and when? On the Elation in May, I was told they don't do this anymore.

We were on the TRIUMPH in January of 2003, and the other cruises I did this on were before Sept. 11 01..so things may have changed. Guess I'd better book another cruise to get updated!

It's still worth a try, even if you just call from your cabin after boarding.

Beth - Why take your own beach towels? I've never had a towel stolen or had a room steward charge me for a towel. In fact, on the last cruise, we left the towels in our backpack, so the room steward left another set. We had 4 beach towels for the 2 of us for most of the cruise. I'd really rethink cluttering my luggage with beach towels. Don't let that $20 charge scare you off. Do you think the room steward really wants to hit you with that and risk getting less tip?

My best tip is not to get nuts adding a bunch of stuff to your luggage you really don't need. Case in point: My dh had to have a portable CD player, because on the Big Z and Sun we had suites that had steroes. It got used a couple of times, and we could've just used a music channel on the TV.

Can you take towels from the pool to bring with you on an excusion along with the ones the cabin stewart gives you. Do you have to check the towels out by the pool or just take what you want. We are on the inspiration. I don't know if it varies by ship or not.

I have read that people DID get charged for lost towels. Any experiences out there?

I would imagine that the room stewards are happy to replace them for the tip reasoning, but who knows.

I can just imagine my kids losing them REPEATEDLY.

:o

Archived