Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about

Cinderellie

:cool:

I've been on 2 Carnival cruises. Going on 3rd in 1 month! Paradise - 9/24. Love all these tips! I have one: on both cruises we brought our own pop and wine coolers onboard with us. Just pack them in your suitcase! Kep them in your room fridge and you can have pop w/ your lunches, pizza, room service, whatever! Never had a problem with that. Anyone out there have a tip for me? -- I'm crusing this time with my teenage daughter, her friend and another Mom. All 4 osf us in one oceanview cabin. Anyone done this? and HOW? :eek:

THREE CRUISES IN ONE MONTH!! I am so jealous! What I wouldn't give to be YOU! - No tips, but I really appreciate everyone else's. This is a GREAT thread!

Pride is a spirit class ship - they have refrigerators in balcony rooms (I've been on Spirit). Triumph is a destiny class ship - they have refrigerators as well.

Paradise is a fantasy class ship - no refrigerators in balcony rooms (I've been on Ecstasy, another fantasy class ship and as I know it, only the suites have frigs)

Don't be too disapointment, you won't miss it.

Does the Conquest class ships have refrigerators in the inside cabins?

Does the Conquest class ships have refrigerators in the inside cabins?
I think the Conquest class and Spirit class ships have refrigerators in all cabins. I know for sure that the Spirit class has them on the inside cabins, because my daughter had one on the Miracle. And since the Conquest class came out after the Spirit class, I would assume that they had them in the inside cabins too.

darling, dear, whatever...husband. same for ds (son or sister) dw (wife) etc.

What does DH stand for??? Finally...I'm glad somebody asked. I was going to but then thought I had figured it out....and I had...but it only took months of thinking about it...I couldn't get out of my head "dumb" and I thought....no, everybody on here can't be calling their spouses dumb disguising it with a "d"....

vermonter16

We bring ziplock bags and in the morning before we get off the ship for our excursions or just our fun day at port we go to the deli, order our sandwiches, put them in our ziplock bags and off we go. We do this on every cruise and have never had a problem.

Some ports will not allow any food off the ship. I can't remember if it was Belize or Roatan, but they were very strict and checked as you left the ship.

One word - BINGO. There was a Bingo game every day. And they are large bingo pots. Usually just one game. $500 one day, $600 another day, $1,000 another day, a 7 day cruise for 2 another day! I won $600 on Day 2.

Having just returned from my first cruise, I was surprised at the price of photos. They take photos of you everywhere...on formal night, getting on the ship, getting off the ship at the various ports, at your dinner table, etc. They post the photos the next day and you can purchase them or not. Of course you HAVE to purchase them because they are so beautifully done and you need to have the memories, right. Well each 8x10 photo is $20. Sometimes they will do a 6x9 photo which is about $9. And if you want that beautiful 8x10 photo in a 6x9 size, you have to buy the $20 8x10 and then have them make it into a $9 6x9. And of course you have to buy the photo album to hold all your new pictures!

A lot of people don't want to be bothered with the older folks.

We have ran into some great ones that will share their cruising experiences with you. They can give you tips on excursions, where the best places to go are etc. They can also be a LOT of fun!!! They done did it all!!

What does DH stand for??? Finally...I'm glad somebody asked. I was going to but then thought I had figured it out....and I had...but it only took months of thinking about it...I couldn't get out of my head "dumb" and I thought....no, everybody on here can't be calling their spouses dumb disguising it with a "d"....

vermonter16

My DH SWEARS that it means dumb. I have tried to explain 'dear/darling' he says it's just woman code for dumb. :eek:

Randy here....been reading this thread and i agree it's great!!!!!!!

This really isn't a secret or anything.....and it probably applies more towards men.......It's regarding money clips...that have MAGNETS holding everything together......Never and I mean Never put your S & S card in the same pocket of your money clip!!!!! as the magnets will demagnitize (sp) your card and u won't be able to get into your room or even buy a drink.....At the Pursers desk they can fix this...I had this happen to me on my first cruise on the Destiny.....

Also...Looking for anyone that maybe cruising on the Victory, on Jan. 16, 2005.....Have a thread started in Carnivals roll call section

Enjoy the seas and ports and Make it a great day at whatever u choose to do!!!!!

Later,

Randy

Conquest class ships have fridges as well. We always used them when we were on the Glory.... The fridges there are not that great though. Takes forever to get things cold. Not a biggie. Never thought about taking things OUT of the fridge in order to put your own in there. Good idea!

Oh, and regarding the S&S cards and money clips.... very true. Done that before. Another bad one is when the pool chlorine demagnetizes your card (I always put my S&S card in my back trunk shorts pocket) so be careful on that!

• 4 weeks later...

if you're a big hot tub fan, and choose to go early the first day, be warned that they 'shock the tubs' from the previous weeks and jack up the chemical levels (this is why the tubs are on but closed the last night of your cruise)...regardless, I've bleached a suit or two enjoying a hot tub after the the process of getting on the ship...

oh, and I guess this could turn into another tip, most, if not all Spas have hottubs. Most people don't know this, at least early in the cruise and its a great place to go relax. Sure, your not outside and there is no service in the SPA, but they are usually pretty empty and you have great views out the front of the ship...

okay, here is another one concening the SPA. There are steam rooms and saunas in the SPA that people may not realize are free to use, they are seperated so men and women can't go together, but nothing like a good steam after a hard day of drinking...

also, (really true on Destiny class)...there are showers in the Spa, big deal you're thinking...these aren't the normal cabin showers, they are like the 'rain' showers that you find in some higher end hotels, I believe the destiny class actually have multiple shower heads...regardless, it is a very refreshing shower...we found this one year when we were only one deck away from the SPA...its a great place for a guy to go shower while the wife is using the cabin bathroom for a formal night or something...

check it out early in the cruise and be one of the 'people in the know'

Wow, didn't know about the steam room or the neat showers. I'll have to check that out. I've also never visited the Spa hot tubs. I knew they were there but just haven't visited them. On our last cruise I heard a rumor that the Spa's tubs were fresh water or desalinated. Any truth to this?

Archived