Gurantee Cabin Question

I have always booked a guarantee. Book the category you are comfortable with. I want a balcony so book balcony guarantee. I know I will get a balcony cabin on the lowest deck (that have balcony cabins of course) but may be upgraded to a higher deck or even to a suite (please upgrade fairy, pay me a visit:) ). I will not be given a cabin with a lesser category than balcony. If you want an inside, book inside guarantee and you may be upgraded or you may end up with an inside cabin on the lowest level. I do guarantees because they are a little cheaper and I don't care where my room is (haven't had a bad one yet). I figure as long as I'm on the ship, any cabin is good. Does that clear it up or confuse your little mind more;) .(Just kidding!!)

Sometimes I ride the short yellow bus and can't comprehend well, please explain to me in the simipliest terms that you can about this gurantee, non gurantee cabin thing????

Luvsdaislands

Lets say you book a Cat. 4a but select it to be Guarantee. That means you are at the mercy of Carnival, they can keep you there in a Cat. 4a or upgrade you to a Cat. 4c or higher. You won't know what cabin you will be assigned to until you get your docs or to the pier. If you are not picky as to where to sleep then the Guaranteed method would be the way to go. I always book Guarantee and I have been lucky with the Upgrades.

Fred

A guarantee is when you let the cruise line pick a cabin for you. You tell them the lowest category you will accept and they give you a cabin in that category (or higher).

Example: if you book a IS (inside guar) you will take any inside cabin available (or better)

or

if you book a 4C guar you will take any cabin 4C or above.

etc

If you pick out a specific cabin, it is not a guarantee cabin. It is guaranteed you will get that cabin (barring any other circumstances). I guess it is confusing with "guarantee" and "guaranteed".

Short answer: with a guarantee, you book a "Category" rather than a specific cabin.

Many people get upgrades to a higher level category than they purchased, though not all do.

Carnival can place you anywhere in that category or a higher category. You cannot choose your cabin.

I am of the opinion that there are no bad cabins on a cruise, so I always go with a guarantee!

Here's the low-down on the Guarantee...per Tommy Callihan:

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted Nelson, Customer: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

Archived