Has anyone been on the 'NEW' Ms Maasdam?

sassy~one

We did the New England/Canada first week in June and had done a Norfolk cruise in March. I would agree she is fantistic and the changes improve on one of our favorite ships. The Crew is, as always, the best.

HI, i was on the Maasdam last November, 11 night, from Norfork, and will be taking the same cruise this November. Has anyone been on Her since dry dock? Thanks for any info, or pictures. Sassy

I was on the Maasdam last november, we sailed together. I left Jan 18th, and have not been back since the improvments. I know the Crows nest is much imporved, as well as the Spa, and gym.

We sailed on the Maasdam on April 28, the first sailing after dry-dock. I'm so happy for you that you'll be able to see the changes for yourself before long.

That whole Explorations Cafe area is beautiful with umpty-million nice places to sit. The selection of just published books there, along with delicious coffee and pastries made it a favorite afternoon destination for pax.

The Crows Nest is really colorful. I think I liked it, but what a difference!

We enjoyed the all-call cooking demonstrations in "Kitchen Stadium." Afterwards the chefs and their helpers came around with plenty of samples.

:D

Personally, I think the CrowsNest is a disaster. What's with all those sheer curtains "flowing" all over the place and blocking some views. The worst part is the roof of the new spa area blocking some of the view forward. This was NOT an improvement.

Sunflower....im on the Nov 19, 11 nights, so you are right after us. There are 6 of us in our group, 2 of which are grandsons. We were able to get 2 side by side rooms. You may want to check the ROLL CALL boards for your cruise. Its a nice way to chat with others that will be on the same ship with you. Sassy

We did the New England/Canada first week in June and had done a Norfolk cruise in March. I would agree she is fantistic and the changes improve on one of our favorite ships. The Crew is, as always, the best.

;) ;) ;) Woo Hoo! 1 Day till our "Voyage of the Vikings!!!!!":D :D

Woo Hoo! 1 Day till our "Voyage of the Vikings!!!!!"

We had the chance to visit on board Maasdam when she was in Boston a few weeks ago. She looks fabulous IMO and everyone knows how attached I am to that beautiful ship. We did not go to the CrowsNest as I feared we would see the same horrid sheer curtains/couches we saw on Ryndam. We used to LOVE Maasdam's CrowsNest but will have to wait and see what it looks like now.

Our docs are in and we are getting VERY eager to cross her gangway for two glorious weeks.

;) ;) ;) Woo Hoo! 1 Day till our "Voyage of the Vikings!!!!!":D :D

Have a great time on an itinerary that I've enjoyed immensely.

As a matter of fact, friends are trying to talk me in to taking it again next year! And I'm thinking about it. There are some unusual ports on this cruise.

Have a great time on an itinerary that I've enjoyed immensely.

As a matter of fact, friends are trying to talk me in to taking it again next year! And I'm thinking about it. There are some unusual ports on this cruise.

I am VERY excited....of course the only downside to this cruise is that we will only be in each port once (and not returning as we do on most runs) so it's really going to hurt knowing that on certain days I will be in a new and exciting country but stuck working aboard an empty ship (as the guests seldom choose to stay aboard the ship on a run like this...) :eek:

Not that I'm complaining...I know I'm going to have an awesome time!!!!!:D

Sunflower, as the time goes on, the thread should take off. We did meet when we were on board, and im reading about HAL setting up a bit of space for just that. It was fun to meet others on line, share in there excitement, then meet. LOL Sassy

Archived