Forgive me for the stupid ?? lol

temple10

Forgive me for the stupid Questions, I will be cruising for the first time in December, and I can't seem to think about anything else. ( excitment) anyway in case the waters are ruff:eek: are motions pills the best or the patch behind the ear I have heard about. :)

:) Hi. Congrats on first cruise. There seems to be more side effects with the patch. I understand that dizzyness and blurred vision happen often but some people cut it in half which is not recommended. You also need a prescription for it.

I use Bonimine. I take it at night so the possible drowsy effect does not bother me. You can buy this off the shelf. You start this the night before you board and you won't have any problems. :D :D

I also take Bonamine at night and have had no side effects or been ill, like I was before I knew about this drug. I usually start it 2 days before I board to get it into my system. I don't take it every day once I am on board because if the seas are calm, I don't need it.

In the US, the name is Bonine - Canada it's Bonamine.

temple --

We all started out knowing little or nothing about cruising. Usually nothing. So fire away, as no question is stupid. Well, there are some and the Cruise Director (CD) will probably read a list. So fire away, as we have all asked them in the past.

Typical stupid questions the CD has told us in the past:

(a) "What is our altitude?" [duhhh ... sea level.]

(b) "Does the crew sleep on the ship at night?" [no, they take a tender and go to a motel onshore.]

I forget the others. Maybe someone has a better memory than I.

Thank you all for the help!! and for making me feel better about things:) pills it is 2 nights before I depart. Can I give these to a 15 year old ok?? or should I break them in half?? I am cruising on the statendam december 21 through January 5 going to hawii. I have dreamed of going on a cruise all my life and I am finally doing it. My problem is I still have 6 months and I can't think of anything else. My shopping for the cruise is already getting out of control!! lol lol to many clothes- formal and casual is better than trying to find something last minuete on board right?? ( you have to agree with me lol lol this is the excuse I'm giving myself hundreds later on clothes. lol lol) ok stupid question # 2 lol has anyone won anything on the slots on a ship?? I reserved a cabin B with verandah is this a nice size

On my last cruise, Volendam June 2-9, the Purser's Desk was giving free medication to any passengers who so desired relief to combat sea sickness. Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the pills.

And they don't have side effects such as drowsiness. I thought I'd be quite suceptible to motion sickness, but despite the pool looking like a wave pool, I had nothing but fun on my first cruise. By my second cruise (last March), on the HAL Zuiderdam, they said we were in 20-27 foot seas, but I never really noticed. Occasionally you could feel a slight motion, but nothing more. Have fun on your cruise.

Please call the 15 year old's doctor's office to inquire if it is safe for him/her to take meclizine (bonine) and what dosage. It is probably not a good idea to depend upon that sort of advice from a cruise bulletin board. A quick call to the doctor can safe from a potential (unnecessary) unhappy situation.

I so agree with everyone who says......ask away. We all took our first cruise at one time or another and we had to learn also. Heck...we're all still learning new things here.

Ginger capsules are very good for motion sickness. You can take two after every meal. Also, if feeling queasy have a gingerale. It is a natural product and you can get them in most pharmacies. I take (two) 500 mg capsules every day after each meal. I don't get seasick but I have an equilibrium problem due to a chronic ear disorder and my ENT recommended. Ginger is very good for the stomach.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Eileen

Dramamine non drowsy formula. Start taking it the day before you sail...once a day. Keep taking it through the whole cruise...even in port. Once you get sick...NOTHING helps unless you go to the infirmery and get an expensive shot from the doctor.

Archived