Legend Med Travel Logue!

Host Dan

New Must Have List

1) BBC

2) Pina Colada with vanilla ice cream

Blackbird, I believe you have forgotten the folowing items:

3) Lobster, Lobster, Lobster dinner entre

4) Banana Boat ride on Marina Day (relax, Captain G-A T-N will not be in command of the Pride during your Turkey Day cruise) :D

Blackbird, I believe you have forgotten the folowing items:

3) Lobster, Lobster, Lobster dinner entre

4) Banana Boat ride on Marina Day (relax, Captain G-A T-N will not be in command of the Pride during your Turkey Day cruise) :D

LOL those are on my sane list, the other may cause me to be rolled off the ship in a comforter because my clothes do not fit any more :eek::eek:

Ok,

This is my travel logue, and I am simply posting my events of each day. I elected to "water down" what was said by this other passenger to me and my friend. But I assure you, after what she said to us, I had evey right to NICELY let her know I didn't appreciate her comment, and that I thought it would be fair if we all could decide to get along, and maybe ask the dj to play our requests every other song, like we had done earlier. SHE then went ballistic and grabbed ME. I do not want my travel logue to go off on a tangent, so enough of this subject.

Last night, after attending the Seabourn Club party, and "winning" the most days prize, we had the opportunity to dine with the new Cheif Engineer. Very nice young man from Norway. The Club was a bit quiet, as most of the passengers went to the Broadway show. (we had seen it earlier in the cruise)

Today we are enjoying a very hot day in Nice. We walked about the city for a few hours, and got back to the ship just after noon. I plan on a late lunch, and then off to pack. :( I hate that part!!!

I post later with some of my final thoughts. BTW, I am passing along everyones greetings to the crew! Glad to see some "lurkers" posting for the first time! ;)

Till later,

Host Dan

Hi Dan

i just wanted to wish you a great last day on your cruise and i also i would like to thank you for all your postings which i have been reading with great interest as previously mentioned due to board the legend tomorrow for 2 weeks which unfortunately due to personal reasons i have had to cancel, and your posting have certainly cheered me up so thank you again

regarding the disco incident i think that you acted perfectly reasonably unfortunately on some of the cruise's you do sometimes get passengers who think they have brought the ship and are somewhat "full of themselves",

anyway thank you again for taking the touble to post every day and i wish you a safe trip home

kind regards

deb

Dan,

Do you happen to know if Officer, Steinar Frelsoey (electrical engineer) is aboard the Legend? He has always been on the Pride but I heard he was transferred to the Legend. Steinar is a grrrreat fellow.....and one of our favorites. If he is aboard pleeaze tell him "The Cowgirl" sends big hugggzzz's! We are going to miss him terribly come next March. (fabulous dancer)

Safe flight home!

Martita B.

Dan,

Enjoy your last day of the cruise and have a safe return home. We are anxiously looking forward to getting there for our trip and your comments have given us ideas. Now about those Margaritas.... ;)

Mark

Martita,

I don't believe that particular electric engineer is on board.. Sorry!!

Packing, packing, packing... UUGGHH!!! At least I enjoyed my LAST lunch of sushi and sashimi!!! I have already started exchanging email and address info with some new friends. Tonight a casual dinner, probably early to bed. Tomorrow I will be taking a 3 and a half hour tour of Nice, then to the Hotel for a relaxing last day in Europe. Our flight on Sunday is an early 6:30AM, so I will probably have to get to the airport by 5AM. We are flying Alitalia from Nice to Milan, Milan to Miami, Miami to Tampa. I suppose I will be totally wiped out when I get home, but will be happy to be there.

This has been such a wonderful cruise, on so many levels. The ports, the ship, many of the passengers, and DEFINATELY the wonderful staff! This will be another Seabourn cruise to remember. I'm sad that it will be 9 months until my next Seabourn cruise. :( I'm going to miss my "family".

Unless there is any more news to report, this will probably be my last post for a while.

Thanks for reading....

Host Dan

Do you happen to know when the 'change of command' takes place?
Hi JustCuriousJane, Captain G-A will finally disembark from the Legend in FLL at the end of his contract after the conclusion of the westbound crossing on Nov. 21, 2006. He will email me his future schedules when they are available and I will post that information here for those who may want to know.

Based on his usual 3 month onboard and 3 months on his much deserved vacation schedule, he should report to teh Pride for duty around teh latter part of February so he should be in command of the Pride White Castle eastbound crossing to Lisboa.

Dan:

I couldn't believe that I'm on the Noordam, and saw the Legend in port in Nice today (while on a tour bus@!)... then, after returning to Monaco to my ship, the Legend followed me to our port!!! I have a few photos of the Legend from my aft balcony...and wanted to "jump ship" and join you!

Can't believe I didn't know the Legend would be here, but I didn't check "your' schedule" before I boarded on Thursday! I will continue my western Med. cruise, disembark on the 30th and fly home on the 31st....

I know you're sad to have to leave "our Lady"...but more fun SB days are ahead!

Sorry to have missed you! But what a treat, knowing you & Maciek were holding down the fort for me!! <g>

Best wishes for a safe trip home...and until we meet...Smooth Sailing, Sailor!

Paul ;)

who found it terribly ridiculous to see the Legend and the EasyCruise orange ship adjacent in the port of Nice today!!! LOL!!!

That made me giggle....imagining Seabourn and EZ Cruise side by side! I hope you had a great trip, Paul...how did you like the Noordam? I sailed to Alaska on the Amsterdam last year, nice ship.

See you in a few months.

Jane

That made me giggle....imagining Seabourn and EZ Cruise side by side!

Jane

Somehow I picture the Seabourn Sailors being greeted as they returned from tour with a glass of bubbly, while the EZ Cruisers were greeted with a paint brush and some paint to patch up the side of their ship.:D

Well im finally back in Australia, it was great to meet you on the first section of your cruise. I am already missing the seabourn experience, and I think my mum and gran are too.

We enjoyed this cruise so much (this was our third! with Seabourn) that we have made a booking for a Grand Voyage on Legend in December 2007 for a WHOLE MONTH!!! over Christmas and New Year, and on into 2008....

I hope you had a great time, and hopefully we can catch up on another seabourn cruise. What I love about seabourn is that you bump into the same people all the time. I met Lee (from Melbourne) last cruise, and it was a delight to meet him again.

We (the three of us!) wished we had stayed on longer than we did, and i hope that you kept good care of 303!

Regards

James

Well folks,

After a GRUELING trip, I am finally back home. Started my journey from my un-airconditioned Nice airport hotel at 4:30 AM Nice time. Didn't arrive home until 7:30 Florida time! (sans 1 piece of luggage). I will write a synopsis in a few, but want to thank all that have read, and all that enjoyed. I certainly did! :)

Host Dan

Dan, my wife and I will be doing the same cruise you just finished. Monaco to Rome and back to Monaco. Since it is our first time in Italy (but not our first time on Seabourn), which city is best for shopping. My wife is a shopaholic and is hopeing to bring back wonderful things from Italy. We heard Florence is a good place. Any suggestions?

Florence Is Great For Shopping..they Also Have A Designer Outlet ..but It Is A Ride Away From Downtown. Portofino Is A Lovely Little Shopping Experience As Well. I Hope She Enjoys. You Are In For A Treat. Italy Is Wonderful.

Mef38,

There were several shops in the side streets of Sorrento Italy that offered some really terrific values. My suggestion is that no matter where she shops, be sure to wait until the end of the day to buy, as prices are all over the place!

After disembarking the ship (smooth as silk), we elected to take a half day tour of Nice and Eze. As it was extremely hot (again) I should have worn shorts instead of jeans. Live and learn. After dropping off the majority of passengers at the airport, the motorcoach dropped us off at the Park Inn Airport hotel. Unfortunately, the A/C was not working properly, so the hotel itself, as well as our room was extremely warm. Tired and hot, I lay down to nap for a bit. Upon waking at 2, I noticed that the hotel had a pool and a poolside restaurant! So hungry at this point (only had a very light breakfast on the ship) we went down to the restaurant for a quick bite. To our dismay, it closed at 2PM!! Not knowing what to do, we decided to take the shuttle bus to the airport and eat there. Actually had a very nice meal of olive crusted lamb, an olive mash and pomme frites (along with a delicious bottle of Rose and crunch bread). Back to the hotel for another nap, and a plan to wake up at 7PM for a dinner at the interior hotel restaurant. Didn't happen. When I awoke, it was 11PM, and the restaurant had closed. A very restless evening, and out of bed at 4:30 AM. Shuttle to the airport at 5AM, flight to Milan at 6:30AM. After a 2 hour layover in Milan, we boarded our plane for a 9 and a half hour flight to Miami. The airplane had a problem with some of the reading lamps in economy class, so we sat on the tamarac for 1 and a half hours until the repair was made. I will say, the food that Alitalia offers in business was very good and alot of it. I personally would have liked personal television and a seat that reclined all the way, but made the best of it. After landing in Miami, we had to go through customs and immigration, collecting our checked luggage, and off to the opposite side of the airport to re-check the luggage for a short flight to Tampa. We barely made the flight. The plane was one of those Beech 1900D prop planes, 2 seats across. NEVER AGAIN!!! What a scary ride! Either my heart was at my feet or my stomach was in my throat! Because it was a stormy evening, the pilot had to make several adjustments in route. We were 20 minutes late landing ( a 50 minute ride to an hour and 10 minutes in this "death" machine!) ;)

My luggage came out, my friends' did not. We reported the incident right away, and was told that because it was such a small plane, it probably didn't fit. They were confident it would come in on the next flight. (it didn't). As of this writing, no luggage, and basically no recourse. We have insurance, but that only covers $500. The airline will cover $9.07 per pound (approx. $467) The two combined will barely cover the bag, let alone a tux, tux and dress shoes, leather sandals, 3 blazers, shirts, ties, and the worst of it...My trivia notes!!!! (priceless) :D Keep your fingers crossed (and your toers)

Back to work this morning for a half day of re-orientation. Supermarket shopping done, and laundy in the machine.

Had a great time, but its always nice to come home! (The cats are EXTREMELY happy and talkative!)

Host Dan

Dan, As always, a fantastic reporting assignment! Sorry for the hot ordeal with regards to your long trek home. Keep after the airline to ensure they won't let the missing baggage "fall in the cracks." I would hope it is somewhere in Miami airport, necessitating a quick return to the owner.

Dan, As always, a fantastic reporting assignment! Sorry for the hot ordeal with regards to your long trek home. Keep after the airline to ensure they won't let the missing baggage "fall in the cracks." I would hope it is somewhere in Miami airport, necessitating a quick return to the owner.

Just got a call... (supposedly) luggage has been located and on the way here for delivery!!! I guess those fingers and toers worked! ;)

Host Dan

Mef38,

The plane was one of those Beech 1900D prop planes, 2 seats across. NEVER AGAIN!!! What a scary ride! Either my heart was at my feet or my stomach was in my throat! Because it was a stormy evening, the pilot had to make several adjustments in route.

Host Dan

Never again will I use RSSC air. The price on my RSSC supplied ticket to Miami from Tampa and return from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa was ~$250 each way. :mad:

Inside a 1900D

0108965.jpg

The seat I had, did not have any under seat storage because of the wing. I tried like crazy for RSSC air desk to take my 7:00pm flight to Tampa and exchange it for a $79 walk up fare on the three or so Southwest flights, but they wouldn't.

No to worry Dan,,, on my flight back to Tampa, only TWO barf bags got used. :eek::eek:

Archived