!!!In Search of Banner Content Ideas!!!

gwydiana

Your banner could say "I'm not allowed"...:D

Really, it won't be allowed, so you might as well save your money. Nothing can be hung from balconies - no clothing, towels, etc. (Just think how tacky the ship would look if everybody did this....the Beverly Hillbillies go a-cruisin'.:eek:

Your banner could say "I'm not allowed"...:D

Really, it won't be allowed, so you might as well save your money. Nothing can be hung from balconies - no clothing, towels, etc. (Just think how tacky the ship would look if everybody did this....the Beverly Hillbillies go a-cruisin'.:eek:

LOL i was thinking of hanging something from my door to let everyone know i am from CC. what should it be?

Maybe you could 'copy' the Cruise Critic logo and have it blown up a little bit? (Hmmm, don't know if that would be considered a no-no.) Or just a small poster with Cruise Critic printed on there... "Proud member of Cruise Critic"....???

Hey, you could always order a Cruise Critic tee! I haven't been to the CC shop lately, but maybe there are little signs to buy?:)

I've gotten the cruise critic blue strap that attches to your keys (which I attached to my room key). I got plenty of questions about it! :D I had one person on the Pride last March, who had a complaint for CCL actually report it to me. She was angry when I told her I couldnt do anything :eek:

That's funny! (That's why I don't wear my Cruise Critic tee on cruises.):D

Eddie, could you maybe reduce your signature line? It's running about 3 inches off the page....hard to scroll across and read. I've noticed it on several of your posts. Thx.:)

(Just think how tacky the ship would look if everybody did this....the Beverly Hillbillies go a-cruisin'.:eek: [/b]

LOL!! That is to funny:D Thanks for the morning laugh, almost had coffee on my monitor!

When we were on the Fantasy in May, I took a string of the small colored christmas lights with me and decorated the balcony. I kept them on the whole time, and the cabin steward never said anything to us about removing them. At night, they were so pretty as we sat out on our balcony. Really a nice touch. I know this is probably one of the things that are not allowed, as was the iron (but I took one anyway and used it) but it made our balcony look so pretty! You could always tell which cabin and balcony was ours. Cheryl

Cheryl - Your cabin steward was not doing his job, period.

Yes, as you pointed out - they are NOT allowed. However, obviously the rules are not intended for you - since you know about the no irons in cabins policy as well, and seem happy to share your ability to ignore the ship's rules. Shame on you.:(

Cheryl - Your cabin steward was not doing his job, period.

Yes, as you pointed out - they are NOT allowed. However, obviously the rules are not intended for you - since you know about the no irons in cabins policy as well, and seem happy to share your ability to ignore the ship's rules. Shame on you.:(

Cotton, I normally NEVER break rules so the tone of this post was very uncalled for. There are many people who sneak booze on board. I did not. We ordered booze for our room before the cruise. You know, the right way. Yes, I was told by you in fact that irons were not allowed. I took one on my first cruise and never thought about it, much less knew it was aganist the rules. When I found the CC site before my second cruise, it was then that I learned they were not allowed. I did not try to hide it, it was packed in my luggage, and sat on the end table UNPLUGGED the whole cruise except of course when I was using it. My cabin steward never said anything to me about it, nor about the lights on the outside of the balcony. I can see that the balcony things not being allowed, because of the "beverly hillbilly" comment (lol) and it would look very tacky for banners and such to be hanging from the balcony. I really took the lights to string up for a night light in the cabin, (as some mentioned it gets dark in the cabins at night) but when I got in the room I thought it would be cool to have them hanging on the balcony. We hung them above on the ceiling, not hanging over the railing. It added a nice touch. Can you answer me which is more of a fire hazzard....an unplugged iron, or a lit cigarette dropped by an intoxicated person? (Cant have an iron, but you can smoke in most all areas) I know its your mission to let everyone know about the hazard and I understand, and appreciate this, but yes, the rules do apply to me. I was not boasting to the fact that I "got away" with this, I simply made a statement. Do you "pounce" on everyone here that has broken some "rule" of cruising? I think most of us have at some point. I just don't get caught up in worrying about the "little things". Hanging a string of lights on the ceiling of the balcony does not seem like a major issue. Is it in the rule book you cant bring lights on the ship? Maybe I missed that rule. BUT I will know next time!!! Thanks for letting me know it was aganist the rules. (But it did look nice;) )

Cotton, I normally NEVER break rules so the tone of this post was very uncalled for. There are many people who sneak booze on board. I did not. We ordered booze for our room before the cruise. You know, the right way. Yes, I was told by you in fact that irons were not allowed. I took one on my first cruise and never thought about it, much less knew it was aganist the rules. When I found the CC site before my second cruise, it was then that I learned they were not allowed. I did not try to hide it, it was packed in my luggage, and sat on the end table UNPLUGGED the whole cruise except of course when I was using it. My cabin steward never said anything to me about it, nor about the lights on the outside of the balcony. I can see that the balcony things not being allowed, because of the "beverly hillbilly" comment (lol) and it would look very tacky for banners and such to be hanging from the balcony. I really took the lights to string up for a night light in the cabin, (as some mentioned it gets dark in the cabins at night) but when I got in the room I thought it would be cool to have them hanging on the balcony. We hung them above on the ceiling, not hanging over the railing. It added a nice touch. Can you answer me which is more of a fire hazzard....an unplugged iron, or a lit cigarette dropped by an intoxicated person? (Cant have an iron, but you can smoke in most all areas) I know its your mission to let everyone know about the hazard and I understand, and appreciate this, but yes, the rules do apply to me. I was not boasting to the fact that I "got away" with this, I simply made a statement. Do you "pounce" on everyone here that has broken some "rule" of cruising? I think most of us have at some point. I just don't get caught up in worrying about the "little things". Hanging a string of lights on the ceiling of the balcony does not seem like a major issue. Is it in the rule book you cant bring lights on the ship? Maybe I missed that rule. BUT I will know next time!!! Thanks for letting me know it was aganist the rules. (But it did look nice;) )

Um, obviously the cruise lines can tell you which is a greater hazard... they don't allow irons, they do allow smoking. They use the same materials that they use in hotels for flame retardancy. The iron issue is an issue regarding the electrical system... NOT leaving it on :rolleyes: You say you knew about it but took it anyway... you knew it was a SAFETY hazard, yet took it anyway???? You didn't break a rule of cruising, you broke a rule that was put in place for the safety of your FELLOW passengers. You know, if you want to put your life in danger fine, but you have zero right to put mine or any others at risk. LITTLE THINGS????? You just don't get it.

I believe it is the US Coast Guard that has something to say about the lights...

Um, obviously the cruise lines can tell you which is a greater hazard... they don't allow irons, they do allow smoking. They use the same materials that they use in hotels for flame retardancy. The iron issue is an issue regarding the electrical system... NOT leaving it on :rolleyes: You say you knew about it but took it anyway... you knew it was a SAFETY hazard, yet took it anyway???? You didn't break a rule of cruising, you broke a rule that was put in place for the safety of your FELLOW passengers. You know, if you want to put your life in danger fine, but you have zero right to put mine or any others at risk. LITTLE THINGS????? You just don't get it.

I believe it is the US Coast Guard that has something to say about the lights...

I am not trying to start a war here, rules are rules, and I know how ulgy these threads can get. But, my little travel iron did not use as much electric voltage as my hair dryer and did not stay on as long either. It took me less time to iron a shirt than it did for me to dry my hair, so no I dont "get it" .

I am not trying to start a war here, rules are rules, and I know how ulgy these threads can get. But, my little travel iron did not use as much electric voltage as my hair dryer and did not stay on as long either. It took me less time to iron a shirt than it did for me to dry my hair, so no I dont "get it" .

Well, at least you admit it.

Is it in the rule book you cant bring lights on the ship? Maybe I missed that rule. BUT I will know next time!!! Thanks for letting me know it was aganist the rules. (But it did look nice;) )

its scarey to me that your cabin steward did not do his job.

Lights are allowed-- they just are not allowed on the balcony. Its a coast guard rule. lights are there for navigational purposes to let the ships behind know where they are and where they are heading. Thats why at night a lot of balcony lights dont work.

You cabin steward should have removed them. Next time ya know.

Please explain how you rationalize comparing booze smuggling (which is simply because people are cheap) to bringing an iron (prohibited for safety reasons)? Not even close to the same magnitude.

Archived