Pinnacle Lunch - $10 per person

Just returned from Alaska Inside Passage - Zuiderdam (July 8th - July 15th). I had lunch 3 times @PG (2 walk-in & 1 reservation). Thanks to Krazy Kruisers for posting the menu lunch. Based on RevNeal review, I order same items, I also tried Med Antipasto Plate, Chilled Carrot-Ginger Soup, the Sterling Silver Beef tenderloin is my favorite.

That menu looks delicious. Our problem is we love the breakfasts, what with those great raisin rolls, we hardly ever can get lunch down and not be sick! Plus we have main seating dinner. We may have to skip breakfast and just have juice or something and eat fantastic lunch!

On one of the cruises we have booked our TA included a "dinner for two in the Pinnacle".

Does anyone have any experience with "trading" the one dinner for two lunches? We would agree with some that the lunch sounds more interesting than dinner, and we are not really the huge portion types that you seem to need to be for dinner. Would HAL accommodate this type of trade or would we have to go through the TA?

Thanks for any insight.

If lunch is $10 per person is $5 reasonable for 2 people for a tip? Give it on the way out?

Well, if your bill at a regular restaurant were $20 and you left a 20% tip for excellent service then your tip would be $4, right? And that's for exceptional service. $5 is a 25% tip and if that's what you want to pay, then go for it. I'm sure your server would be grateful :)

Pinnacle Grill Breakfast & Lunch-Suite Passenger Perk Question...

I read somewhere that Suite Passengers can eat breakfast and lunch in the Pinnacle Grill with no additional charge. I also read that the Pinnacle Grill is usually only open for lunch on Sea Days. I was wondering if the Pinnacle Grill is open every day for breakfast & lunch for the Suite Passengers? Or, should I just plan a breakfast & lunch there for sea days only?

Debjo (who got her question for the day in before midnight!)

This thread is great - answered a lot of my unasked questions. Thanks!

I too would like to know if you have to reserve Pinnacle for breakfast and/or lunch?

BTW - foodie trivia, for those discussing panna cotta vs flan. Flan is a custard, a cooked dish with egg yolks blended with milk or cream. Panna cotta is cream thickened with gelatin - much lighter in texture. Gotta stop now, I'm drooling on my keyboard again...

Neil <-- used to cook for a living

Count me in as one of those who actually prefers lunch in the Pinnacle to dinner!

In my experience it is usually virtually empty for lunch - which results in super service.

Last year on ROTTERDAM, the chef came out to ask how our meal was and we were served personally by the maitre d'!

At this point I have little desire to go to dinner at the Pinnacle, but definitely will go for lunch at least once on each cruise.

On our group cruise next year I am going to see if I can get HAL to arrange it so that the whole group can have lunch together at the Pinnacle - I'm sure my group members won't mind if I raise their fares $10 each to do this ;) !

Dress code of the day pertains to dinner and the evening.

If you were to lunch at Pinnacle, you can dress casual but I'm sure you wouldn't go in a swim suit w/ coverup or in ragged shorts/exercise clothes. Remember you are lunching in a lovely, upscale restaurant and dress accordingly, as you would at home.

Dress code of the day pertains to dinner and the evening.

If you were to lunch at Pinnacle, you can dress casual but I'm sure you wouldn't go in a swim suit w/ coverup or in ragged shorts/exercise clothes. Remember you are lunching in a lovely, upscale restaurant and dress accordingly, as you would at home.

I was thinking more Golf Course Attire (classy but casual). As that's what I will probably be wearing for shore excursions as well.

Just returned from the Oosterdam. Had lunch in the Pinnacle. I believe it was $18 per person for lunch but our lunch was a gift from TA so I am not sure. Anyway, had the onion soup-agree w/ Rev Neal..wonderful.
The beef tenderloin was fantastic and scalloped potatoes to die for. Wish I had 2nds of those

:p

Archived