Late November Cruising

We're cruisng on Mariner the last week of November, not only is it my 40th birthday but we got an excellent deal (what could be better??). I'm a little concerned about weather however. We live in Florida and November is one of my favorite weather months, but I wanted some opinions from people who have sailed the caribbean this time of year. Thanks.

I went last year for the first week of Dec./ Awesome weather everyday, everyport. mid 80's. Eastern Caribbean.

Thats why we booked for same time next year, great deal, great weather, no Hurricans to worry about, not to hot, no rainy season. Have a great time.

As you can see in my signature file, two of my three completed cruises were the last week in November, and both out of Florida.

On the first cruise we were unable to dock in Costa Maya due to rough waters, but that was the only weather related issue. The second was all smooth sailing.

It is a bit brisk, but personally I think it's windy and can easily get chilly on deck on any of the cruises.

JC

The weather should be perfect...I cruised beginning of Nov last year & the end of Jan this year both were great. Not too cool at night & still warm enough to be by the pool even at sea when it can be a bit windy. Also, the Mariner is one of my favorite ships..three times now but it helps that she's only a 2 1/2 hour drive from home. You'll have a wonderful time!!!

We sailed on Jewel of the Seas in late November two years ago. The weather was wonderful until we reached Costa Maya. There we experienced a drenching downpour the entire day. By the time we got back to Fort Lauderdale, the morning we arrived was very, very chilly.

You are lucky to be traveling on Mariner of the Seas. It is one of my favorite ships. It can be chilly in the Port Canaveral area in late November, but it can also be lovely. It is pretty much the luck of the draw there at that time of the year.

Have a wonderful birthday trip.

sshuttle,

I don't think there should be any problem sailing the end of November. We usually sail right after Thanksgiving or the first week of December and the weather has always been great.

If you are sailing on Nov 26, please join our roll call. Enjoy your cruise.

I did the Mariner on November 27th last year and the weather could not have been any more perfect.

Port Canaveral - Was in the mid 80's and breezy.

CoCo Cay - Warm and a high of 85

St. Thomas - Sunny and high of 84

St. Maarten - Sunny and high of 84

Every port was perfect and the Mariner is a beautiful ship, have a great cruise. You can check out my photos at the link below.

I am jealous, don't have another cruise booked until Nov. 2007 on the Radiance OTS.

We did a repositioning cruise on the Voager last year from New Jersey to Miami with a couple stops in the South Caribbean. The cruise was at the end of Novemeber (got into Miami the Saturday after Thanksgiving). The weather was sunny and in the low 80's the entire time we were in the Caribbean.

Tim

I did the Mariner on November 27th last year and the weather could not have been any more perfect.

Port Canaveral - Was in the mid 80's and breezy.

CoCo Cay - Warm and a high of 85

St. Thomas - Sunny and high of 84

St. Maarten - Sunny and high of 84

Every port was perfect and the Mariner is a beautiful ship, have a great cruise. You can check out my photos at the link below.

I am jealous, don't have another cruise booked until Nov. 2007 on the Radiance OTS.

I don't see a link below, would like to check out pictures.

We have always sailed in the last part of November or first part of December and have had wonderful weather every time. Someone else mentioned sailing on Jewel of the Seas and having rain in Costa Maya. We also sailed on the Jewel in early December of 2004 and that was the only day we had rain on that cruise. The rest of the time it was sunny and 80's. We love to sail then because we've always had good weather and the prices are low.

We were on the same cruise with Dave November 27th and had a great time...We have the Radiance booked for this Nov. and Nov 2007 too...The weather is always wonderful in the Eastern Caribbean at this time of the year....Have no fear you will have a fantastic time...The Mariner is an excellent ship! Here is the link from Dave's photos...Later, Jill:cool:

MARINER-Nov. 2005 Photo Link: http://cards.websh

DH and I were in the Western Caribbean the middle of November last year. The weather was just wonderful.

We were on the Radiance Western Caribbean the week of Nov 15 and the weather was not that great. Not a total wash out, but we had a few days of rain. Seemed like it rained at least a bit every day except for the 2 days at sea and in Jamaica. A TS was also about 60 miles behind us in Belize.

The year before we did the Southern the same week and had a few total wash out days. November can be tricky.

DH and I were in the Western Caribbean the middle of November last year. The weather was just wonderful.

We've cruised the week before Thanksgiving 3 years in a row, and didn't have that good of luck. We will never go in November again.

We were on the Radiance Western Caribbean the week of Nov 15 and the weather was not that great. Not a total wash out, but we had a few days of rain. Seemed like it rained at least a bit every day except for the 2 days at sea and in Jamaica. A TS was also about 60 miles behind us in Belize.

The year before we did the Southern the same week and had a few total wash out days. November can be tricky.

We have sailed the end of November the last 5 years. 4 of those were from San Juan and in 2004 we came back to about a foot of water in San Juan. They said it was a usual for that time of year. The weather in St. Thomas the day before had been a little cloudly but not bad.

Last year we sailed out of Miami for a Western swing (hadn't done that in years) and the weather was great. Had a little rain in Miami one of the two nights we spent there but nothing to spoil our fun.

WE LOVE TO CRUISE AFTER THANKSGIVING.

Archived