What pre-cruise event gets you most excited?

Bethwte

Most exciting event?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Most exciting event?

• Searching for cruises/itineraries
    • Actually booking the cruise
    • Posting/reading about it on CC
    • Getting your cruise documents
    • Other- please elaborate

We have always flown into port the day of the cruise, so as excited as I am about getting on a cruise ship later in the day I was always worried about something going wrong and missing the ship! So my favorite moment has always been the captain saying "welcome to 'port city.'" This year we're going to the port a day early and staying in a hotel! So I'm not sure if the excitement will start sooner, or at the same time. It's going to be a blast to find out though! :D

• 1 month later...

While all of the above are things I enjoy, I would have to say the thing I like best is getting together with all the friends we are cruising with. We love going with other families or other couples if were not taking kids. We try to book about a year ahead of time and have at least 4-5 precruise parties. We also have one post cruise parties to share pictures and stories.

I love the pre cruise planning as much as the cruise itself. All my hubby does is get on the plane and talk about how everything is so great - - he has no idea how much planning, net surfing, and posting goes into one of these trips. He just knows we love them!

Once I am booked, I hit the internet and check out the ports we will be visiting.. I can get an idea of what I want to see in each port, and what is available beyond the shore excursions of the ship. I can also get a lot of interesting information on the history and people of the area. Sometimes there are even shopping coupons you can print out and take along.

Dec. 2004 Norwegian Dawn

Dec. 2005 Norwegian Dawn

Dec. 2006 HAL Noordam

Dec. 2007 HAL Noordam

Well, considering I'm only 20 years old and have never ever booked a trip for myself/family until just last Monday. [ long story why. lol ]

Anyways we, being my mother and I, are sailing on the QE2 this december and I guess finally getting the travel documents will be the most exciting for me. Finally it'll hit me that I'm really really going on the QE2 and I can stop daydreaming about it. Its going to be interesting to see my reaction when my travel agent calls and lets me know my travel docs are ready to be picked up. The travel agent is located on my university's campus and I stay near by so I'll be running like crazy from home to school and all my housemates are going to be like "WHAT THE .... !"

• 3 weeks later...

by far the most exciting bit is the night before a cruise, gettin all hyped up and checking that everything is packed, before attempting to go to slepp only to stay awake all night cos you cant wait any more, and you know your holiday is only hours away?

also, i recj=kon when you first see the ship is a massively exciting part.

I chose other because the things that gets me the most excited is researching after the cruise is booked. I love buying guide books and reading up on the countries we will be visiting. I love researching excursions and various points of interest to visit before or after the cruise. It's almost anti-climatic when the cruise happens, but we try to always book another, so I'm off and running on the new one as soon as we're back home.

Charlie

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Booking the cruise gets me excited the most because the trip becomes real, not just a hope or a dream, but an actual event that will take place. Everything else - reading and posting in the forums, deciding what to take and getting the things together and packed, researching the places we will be going, getting the documents, etc. is just gravy :D.

~~~Azure Moon~~~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived