What pre-cruise event gets you most excited?

Bethwte

Most exciting event?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Most exciting event?

• Searching for cruises/itineraries
    • Actually booking the cruise
    • Posting/reading about it on CC
    • Getting your cruise documents
    • Other- please elaborate

As the thread title says, I'm just wondering what gets everyone excited pre-cruise :)

Reading these boards and planning excursions.. and of course our cruisemas tree.. :)

see thread in the floataway lounge! (too funny) Christmas tree is still up :eek:

it has pictures of cruise ships all over it :)

Guest smithers853

Mine is OTHER

I love just counting down the days, looking and marking up the week I am gone on a cruise in the calender, dreaming about my cruise, and best of all telling everyone I AM GOING ON A CRUISE!!

The best part of a pre-cruise... is getting up in the a.m....making sure my birds are fed....and locking the door behind us... and getting in the car to go to the port or the airport.....As we say..."another adventure"... that's when I get excited..when we are on our way

Receiving my dox! Then it is for real!:D

Packing! I pack everything the morning I leave home for the airport (I am a very, very light packer; take the same things every cruise so it is a no-brainer).:rolleyes:

But the most exciting part is anxiously looking for the first sight of those beautiful ships all lined up waiting....and seeing "mine"... I have cruised for over 30 years and have been on so many I have lost count but I still get the "first cruiser" excitement as I approach the port. How very lucky I am!:p

Each cruise that we take involves a five hour drive to Vancouver, to the ship/airport, depending on the cruise. We always stop for a Big Mac, [we never eat fast food nomally], and listen to ABBA, and Beatle C.D.s on the way. While we eat, I KNOW that we are at long last on our way. john

Receiving my dox! Then it is for real!:D

Packing! I pack everything the morning I leave home for the airport (I am a very, very light packer; take the same things every cruise so it is a no-brainer).:rolleyes:

But the most exciting part is anxiously looking for the first sight of those beautiful ships all lined up waiting....and seeing "mine"... I have cruised for over 30 years and have been on so many I have lost count but I still get the "first cruiser" excitement as I approach the port. How very lucky I am!:p

I am leaving for alaska in a few weeks and cannot figure out how to pack light..will it be cold hot etc and I am packing one suitcase for both me and my daugher..arrgh...It will not all fit!

Calling our travel agent and booking the cruise is number one for us! Number 2 would be the day the travel docs finally arrive!

We get real antzy waiting for these. We depart in 17 days for a precruise in London before boarding the Golden Princess on 08/10/06 and we still don't have our docs. :eek: Aaah! At least our travel agent is up on it. The delay is with Princess.:rolleyes:

I went to Alaska last year and was suprised at how warm it is up there. It gets cold when you are in the inside passage. Bring shorts, sunhats and warm stuff. Bring ponchos and umbrellas too.

• 7 months later...

I love shopping for new clothes and then I spend a whole day trying them on and puting outfits together! I love the anticipation of the cruise and talking to my DH and DS about it, and deciding what excursions we are going to take. I LOVE CRUISING!:D

I opted for 'A'. That's the time I spent reading literally hundreds and hundreds of posts across the boards of the different cruise choices I was considering as well as the respective member reviews (across 4 cruise lines, 7 intineraries, 3 ports and 2 different cabin classes). This is for a december cruise.

Once the final decision was made I felt that I was in "cruise control" (pun intended) until boarding. Frankly, I'm exhausted right now because of all the research done.

I suppose the next frantic day of activity will be the morning of the cruise as I pack my luggage, await my cab, and take that 15 min. drive to the docks! :D

On the other hand, after not having cruised in 8 years, I'm know I'll also be taking another one before December (not yet booked) and maybe even a 3rd one if one of those last minute deal falls from the sky in a favorable time period for me. :cool:

I would say "all of the above". Booking it was fun, but it was so far away that I couldn't get as excited as I wanted to. The closer it gets, I find the most exciting part would be coming on here and talking about it, and figuring out what things I'm going to pack, bring, etc.

It's getting close!!

Packing is my favorite part. I usually buy a bunch of stuff for the cruise and put it away. Getting the new stuff out and into the suitcase means we are almost there! I also like the felling of "when I wear this, it will be in the caribbean". Locking the door behind us, and getting into the car is a great thrill also!

Kim

Receiving the docs is awesome, so is packing. This is the first cruise where I have to pack for four. (DH, 2 DS & myself) All my other cruises I was a single chick. This should be interesting!

Carnival Holiday 7/90

Carnival Celebration 8/91

NCL Spirit 8/07

I got my coupon book from Expedia for my August cruise already! I was sooo excited over a couple coupons. One is for free drink, discounted laundry (which I'll need on a 14 night cruise), and spa discounts, etc. I've never been so excited about coupons before!

event.png

Archived