Volendam Refit?

MattOsprey

Hi all,

Haven't been on these boards since october for X cruise.

Looking at going on Volendam 24th October 2006. Am I right in thinking that this ship is 7 years old and hasn't had a refit?

The last 2 cruises I have done were Constellation last October and Island Princess the year before. Could anyone please tell me how they compare with Volendam.

Are there laundry facilities on HAL?

Haven't booked the cruise yet but booked flights from London today as the deal was too good to miss.

Cruising is best!

Thanks.

Matt

Looking at going on Volendam 24th October 2006. Am I right in thinking that this ship is 7 years old and hasn't had a refit?

You are not correct. The Volendam has received the full Signature of Excellent upgrades and is in fantastic condition.

Are there laundry facilities on HAL?

There are self-servcie laundry facilities on the Volendam as well as full-service offerings for dry cleaning and laundry.

Photos from the Volendam from 4 years ago -- before her latest upgrades and refit: http://www.revneal.org/volcruise1.html

She is a wonderful vessel ... you can't go wrong with her.

Hi,

Basically the SOE which I didn't know about, is exactly what I meant.

After a few years without a good lick of paint and new carpets, mattresses etcetra.

Really pleased to hear it is in top notch condition.

Can't wait to be there in FLL.

Matt & Lorraine

How could I confirm the exact dates? We are thinking of the Irish cruise that is scheduled for January 22. We have a booking number for HAL which must be honored by 7/13/06. I am confused, please help.

Blessings,

Gail

Volendam's drydock was between November and early January last year. I don't remember the exact date but we cruised her in October 2005 and she looked great IMO This was before her drydock.

We returned and sailed her again January 22, 2006 and she had completed her drydock and SOE upgrades. The changes are wonderful and the ship is in excellent, refreshed, beautiful condition.

Upgrades are all completed!!!

Just checked with someone I know and now they tell me that the Volendam won't be going into dry dock on thr dates I mentioned. When I first got the information, I questioned this as it was so soon after her last dry dock.

The person who sent me the information made a mistake, they said that it will be the Veendam going into dry dock from Jan 14 - 28, 2007.

Veendam going into dry dock in January next year is great news for us as we'll be on her in March. We were on the Volendam in February, just a couple of months after her SOE dry dock and the ship was fantastic....almost brand new. Actually, I don't remember seeing anything that didn't look like it was fresh and new.

Don't believe so!

HAL's 2007 printed sailing schedule shows Veendam on 14-day Southern Caribbean cruise departing on Jan 14, 2007. Of course, sailing schedules are subject to change, but she had her SOE drydock just this past January.

Hi Matt, We had several weeks on the Volendam in the Spring. She was in great shape. As usual, there was crew cleaning all the time. The laundry service, self and otherwise was excellent. You will need coins for the self-service. We think that Celebrity and HAL are very similar although we prefer HAL. You will have a great trip.

Archived