I can't believe my eyes....

I was just messing around dreaming about my trip and was looking at my reservation info on the RC website, and noticed that the info about my room had changed! I was in a Jr. Suite, and now it says Grand Suite!!!:eek: I was totally taken aback....this is my first RC cruise, and I had just last week gotten $900 credit back to my charge card, and now we got a free upgrade! I have SO MANY MORE QUESTIONS!!!:rolleyes: :p :confused:

Is there a chance they will bump me back down to a jr. suite before I cruise?

I know that Grandeur doesn't have a conceirge lounge, so what other perks do you get with a GS?

Will this room fit a roll away bed? I really wanted one in the Jr. Suite since I have a boy and a girl but it wouldn't fit.

What do we do about the lugage tags with the wrong room number?

Now I'm very far forward in the ship - is there much more motion there?

Can you tell I'm excited???

I only ask so many questions here because you all are so great with the answers - I know that sometimes RC doesn't know what is going on as well as all of you!:)

Hi Soccermomkat,

The same thing happened to my dh and I august of 2004. I think the GS cabin was 8010 or 8012. We had been upgraded from a JS as well! The cabin was large with a circular sectional sofa (very comfortable) the bed had down comforters (with extras in the closet). I fell asleep on the sectional sofa every night! I did hear the hawaiian party on the pool deck one night but DH didn't hear a thing. It didn't bother me since I was up watching late night movies. You will have a bar/sink area and a large marble bathroom with tub. Our cabin attendent was wonderful and brought me movies to select each night (since she found I was such a movie nut). THe balcony double size with room for 2 lounge chairs. I spent alot of time on the balcony with a book. We thought the cabin was wasted on us (not really) since we were remembering our first cruise with 3 daughters crammed into an oceanview with 11 pieces of luggage......(this was on the Inspiration and they rolled a bed in each night for me). You will love the GS cabin.....and Grandeur. We leave on the 21st of July and have an AFT JS. Can't wait!

oh, and Soccermomkat,don't worry. I doubt they'd change you back at this point. Just change the room number on your luggage tags with a magic market.....that's what RCCL told me and it worked fine.

Lucky you! I agree, we were told to just change the room number on the tag with a black marker.

As far as the motion, it's more of an up and down motion, rather than side to side. It only bothered me, when we were in the bow of the ship. I doubt that they would put a Grand Suite in that kind of location. I felt queezy, when trying to sleep. Maybe you should bring something, just in case.

We have a JS on a deck 8 for our August 9-night Caribbean cruise.

I keep checking the cabins availability and a LOT of JS on deck 8 are still available.

This makes me wonder if people don't want to book these JS because they are located under the pool, Solarium, fitness center areas?

I'm really concerned about the noise in our cabin (we are midship).

Anyone had the JS cabins on Grandeur on deck 8 and can tell me about the noise or, here's hoping, :) the lack of it?

Thanks.

We have a JS on a deck 8 for our August 9-night Caribbean cruise.

I keep checking the cabins availability and a LOT of JS on deck 8 are still available.

This makes me wonder if people don't want to book these JS because they are located under the pool, Solarium, fitness center areas?

I'm really concerned about the noise in our cabin (we are midship).

Anyone had the JS cabins on Grandeur on deck 8 and can tell me about the noise or, here's hoping, :) the lack of it?

Thanks.

We have sailed on the Grandeur in JS 8022, our travel mates were in JS 8052 neither of us experienced any noise or other issues related to the location of the rooms.

We have sailed on the Grandeur in JS 8022, our travel mates were in JS 8052 neither of us experienced any noise or other issues related to the location of the rooms.

Thank you so much Mac303:)

It is the first time we booked the cabin the deck below recreational area so I got really worried.

Thanks again.

Soccermomkat,

OMG that just happened to us on AOS, except we didin't find out until we couldn't open the door to our JS with any of our keys! Went to Guest Services & were informed that we were in a different cabin! The GS was great - more than enough space for the 4 of us. We had trouble finding our luggage which was sent to the cabin on our tags, so I'd definitely change your tags before you go. Our cabin attendant with the help of DD & DS located our bags just before dinner. Have a great time & enjoy the upgrade.

Hi Soccermomkat,

The same thing happened to my dh and I august of 2004. I think the GS cabin was 8010 or 8012. We had been upgraded from a JS as well! The cabin was large with a circular sectional sofa (very comfortable) the bed had down comforters (with extras in the closet). I fell asleep on the sectional sofa every night! I did hear the hawaiian party on the pool deck one night but DH didn't hear a thing. It didn't bother me since I was up watching late night movies. You will have a bar/sink area and a large marble bathroom with tub. Our cabin attendent was wonderful and brought me movies to select each night (since she found I was such a movie nut). THe balcony double size with room for 2 lounge chairs. I spent alot of time on the balcony with a book. We thought the cabin was wasted on us (not really) since we were remembering our first cruise with 3 daughters crammed into an oceanview with 11 pieces of luggage......(this was on the Inspiration and they rolled a bed in each night for me). You will love the GS cabin.....and Grandeur. We leave on the 21st of July and have an AFT JS. Can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for the info! I can't wait!!

BarbC - I'm on the same sailing! Feel free to join us on the roll call. We're gearing up for the cruise, and we have a confimed M&M. If you haven't already, please register - the more the merrier!

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of the GS would you? It sounds great. I was also wondering if there is a DVD player in the room. Should I bring my own movies, or does the ship have a good selection for kids 11 & almost 16?

My first cruise was also on the Insperation! The four of us were crammed into a ocean view, but the kids were a lot smaller than they are now!

Soccermomkat,

OMG that just happened to us on AOS, except we didin't find out until we couldn't open the door to our JS with any of our keys! Went to Guest Services & were informed that we were in a different cabin! The GS was great - more than enough space for the 4 of us. We had trouble finding our luggage which was sent to the cabin on our tags, so I'd definitely change your tags before you go. Our cabin attendant with the help of DD & DS located our bags just before dinner. Have a great time & enjoy the upgrade.

It happened exactly this way to us on AOS too - no notification of an upgrade (from D1 to GS) until our keys didn't work in the door. When guest services told us our new room number, we still weren't told that it was a GS - we assumed it was another D1, just up on the 10th floor. A big surprise when we opened the door! The cabin stewards on both decks made sure our bags were sent to the correct place.

Have a great cruise - you are going to love this suite.

We had 8068 and we only heard noise when they were pushing those huge food carts in the late afternoon if there was to be a deck party or something. No bothers at all! We had 5 in the JS:eek: !

They let you book five in a JS?

Archived