Capt. Peterstam Swallows the Anchor...

e.durban

I understand that the esteemed Captain of the Dawn, Star and several Star Cruises ships, Niklas Peterstam, has taken a job shoreside at NCL's Miami office. He will become Vice-President of Nautical Operations. He is a true gentleman, as well as a renowned battler of Rogue Waves, and will be missed. Wonder how long he can stay at a desk job? ;)

I understand that the esteemed Captain of the Dawn, Star and several Star Cruises ships, Niklas Peterstam, has taken a job shoreside at NCL's Miami office. He will become Vice-President of Nautical Operations. He is a true gentleman, as well as a renowned battler of Rogue Waves, and will be missed. Wonder how long he can stay at a desk job? ;)

WEDDINGS; Alexa Zwack, Niklas Peterstam

from

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CEEDD1F3BF933A25752C0A965958260

In fact, Capt. Peterstam was the voice of cool competence.

from

http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110006590

Hi David,

It's a wonderful promotion for Captain Niklas and he is really really happy about it. He'll be overseeing all nautical operations, including all the Captains. The new position is in recognition of the excellent job he's done on the seas.

But he won't just be sitting at his desk in Miami. He'll be going around all the ships and won't be a stranger to the fleet.

We've had chats about this on the Spirit and Dawn with the powers that be and they are all excited to have this fine Captain in his new position as someone in Miami will now understand them and their needs.:D

A great captain - I have a different theory for the move. Don't forget there is still a bunch that "lost a lifetime of memories" with an active class action. Rather then have Niklas Peterstam at sea they need him in Florida for the depositions and all the other crap surrounding this action.

Just a theory;)

A great captain - I have a different theory for the move. Don't forget there is still a bunch that "lost a lifetime of memories" with an active class action. Rather then have Niklas Peterstam at sea they need him in Florida for the depositions and all the other crap surrounding this action.

Just a theory;)

They haven't thrown that crap out yet? Out of the FOUR (!!!) people that were injured during the incident, they remained onboard. How many folks actively pursuing this stayed on the ship returning to NYC? I HATE to crap on a discussion with this but the fact the lawsuit even exists is pure #*%$. :mad:

EDIT: Ok I would've glady accepted the 50% offer and immediately booked another cruise. Experiencing something like that is a lifetime of memories in itself. Granted I would've experienced 85% of it through the viewfinder of my camera, but so be it. It's what I like to do.

I sailed under Captain Petersdam when he was Master of the Star in 2002 and we were on an illfated voyage that had to turn around enroute to Fanning Island due to an older passenger falling and needing medical treatment. (we got three extra days split between Maui and the big island and no Fanning!) He was excellent at keeping the passengers informed as to our itinerary changes, procedures for shore excursion changes and the condition of the lady. (funny story: the first time he told us about her, he called her an "old lady." The next and subsequent times he spoke of her, he called her an "elderly fellow passenger" LOL, political correctness took over...lol.

I was so looking forward to sailing with him again on our recent Dawn cruise but our June 17 cruise was the first cruise without him!!:(

Good luck to a fine man in his new role!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived