Carnival privileges transfer to Cunard?

Freckles67

Hello, My hubby and I are booked on the QMII for the Dec. 16th sailing.

Each year I go cruising with a group on Carnival.... have cruised with them 10 times so I am now a member of the Carnival "Concierge Club." This allows me privileges such as expedited boarding, petit fours and other treats delivered to my cabin, stationery with my name on it, a special onboard phone number at the purser's desk.

Since Cunard is now owned by Carnival, I am wondering if my Concierge status has any bearing on the QMII. I'd love to skip the lines when boarding. Does anyone know if the Concierge Club transfers to other cruise lines owned by Carnival?

Any help would be most appreciated....

PS Our wedding anniversary is during the QMII cruise. Do they celebrate anniversaries?

Hello, My hubby and I are booked on the QMII for the Dec. 16th sailing. PS Our wedding anniversary is during the QMII cruise. Do they celebrate anniversaries?

Hi Freckles,

Welcome to the Cunard Board!

AFAIK the only people who get into shorter lines are Grill Class passengers and Cunard World Club Platinum Members - I've never heard of others (Princess or HAL for example) getting privileges.

Yes, Cunard do offer Honeymoon/Anniversary complimentary touches - Champagne in your cabin, fresh flowers, a card from the captain and a formal portrait photo. Tell your TA & they need to send Cunard a copy of your marriage certificate at least 2 weeks before sailing (source Cunard Oct06 - Apr 08 p.15.)

Enjoy your voyage!

Peter

PS, before the Cunardistas beat you to death with their lorgnettes - its QM2 not II - and don't get them started on the real name of the QE2!

quote: PS, before the Cunardistas beat you to death with their lorgnettes - its QM2 not II - and don't get them started on the real name of the QE2!

... or mention the S******E word.

( the above poster is correct, only Cunard Grill or platinum passengers receive the priority boarding - perhaps you are already booked in grill class )

Curls.

Thanks to Guernseyguy (Peter) for giving me an idea (and to curlyQ for helping my thoughts) for those new to Cunard.

In order to avoid "cunardistas beating you to death with their lorgnettes" can anyone add to this list?

It's QM2 and QE2 NOT QMII and QEII

Don't EVER ask why (thanks to Peter for those two)

Don't mention s******e (thanks to curlyQ for that)

Don't mention the wearing of j***s

It's a crossing NOT a cruise when you voyage between New York and Southampton (or Southampton and New York).

Only ships can be Cunarders, never people, no matter how many times you cross or cruise.

It's the Queen's Room on QE2 and Queens Room on QM2.

Can't think of more at present (and someone correct me if any of the above are wrong). And a question, does QE2 have a Queen's Grill or a Queens Grill?

Very best wishes

Correct me if any of the above are wrong

That's asking for trouble:D

It's the Queen's Room on QE2 and Queens Room on QM2.

I thought that it was the Queens Room on QE2 as well - It is Queens according to the brochure - page 78.

A question, does QE2 have a Queen's Grill or a Queens Grill?

Queens Grill - page 83:D

Only ships can be Cunarders, never people, no matter how many times you cross or cruise.

Its a 'ship' - not a 'boat' - the easy way to remember is that the lifeboats are on the 'boat deck' - not the 'ship deck'.

I'm not sure that there is differentiation between the Queen's Room on the QE2 and her fleetmate - afaik, its just different Queens they are named in honour of - there's that rather fearsome looking bust of Queen Mary in the Queen's Room on the QM2. The Queens Grill is plural as its named after the earlier Queen liners. I certainly wouldn't look to the Cunard brochure for any authority on punctuation, let alone much else!

Peter

Its a 'ship' - not a 'boat' - the easy way to remember is that the lifeboats are on the 'boat deck' - not the 'ship deck'.

I'm not sure that there is differentiation between the Queen's Room on the QE2 and her fleetmate - afaik, its just different Queens they are named in honour of - there's that rather fearsome looking bust of Queen Mary in the Queen's Room on the QM2. The Queens Grill is plural as its named after the earlier Queen liners. I certainly wouldn't look to the Cunard brochure for any authority on punctuation, let alone much else!

Peter

Thank you Peter and pnhmrk for the correction. I will delete that one from the list and add the "ship/boat" one instead (I was always told that boats can be carried on ships, but not the other way around). My thinking was that the Queens Room on QE2 was named after HMQ and therefore was the Queen's Room but that the Queens Room on QM2 and the grills were named after (as you pointed out) previous Cunard Queens (Dawson's 60's superliners has Queens Room, Buchanan's Queen Elizabeth 2 has Queen's Room (but also Queen's Grill!)).

Thanks to both of you.

The only thing you would qualify for via VIP (vacation interchange priviledge) is perhaps a past passenger rate. However, there are some past passenger rates which are ONLY World Club.

As far as onboard amenities, no.

Thanks to Guernseyguy (Peter) for giving me an idea (and to curlyQ for helping my thoughts) for those new to Cunard.

In order to avoid "cunardistas beating you to death with their lorgnettes" can anyone add to this list?

I beg to respectfully disagree.

After twelve days onboard, I looked more like a Cunarder than a passenger. No. I take that back. Cunarders, being Ocean Liners, are sleek. I was definitely not. I stand corrected. (Or rather sit. I couldn't stand after all of that rich food! <G>)

Oh, wait! You said Ships could be Cunarders, never people. The ships ccan never be people? Oh Darn! And I am so into anthrophomorphizing! <G>

Karie,

Who is being a snotty brat tonight.

Letting it all out after spending an evening being polite to all factions of the usual family feuds. What I dislike about weddings and funerals: Having to make nice between all the people who usually don't get along!

One more day. Then home, to worry about the job.

I certainly wouldn't look to the Cunard brochure for any authority on punctuation, let alone much else!

No - you're quite right, but if you're just looking for an excuse to nit pick then it's as good as anything:D

What about the Ape and Spy cartoon, published in Vanity Fare, that depicts Sir Bache Edward Cunard and describes him as "A Cunarder"? I've attached a copy of the picture.

v507.jpg.2e1ad70730c33622302c433ab4be7a1c.jpg

duplicate post, sorry. I am having problems with things this end.

Pepper - Computers are my pet hate - that's why I've ended up teaching people how to use the ******* things! If things are going wrong then you have my deepest sympathy:)

CurlyQ - leave 'im alone - he's 'at sea' - are you literally, Pepperrn, or only figuratively?;)

Peter

Peter

Sadly, mostly only figuratively these days. My days of having HMG pay my fare are over. I'm so old I can remember when Nelson had 4 limbs and 2 eyes. But you can't keep me away from the sea (or the scotch).

Pepper - Computers are my pet hate - that's why I've ended up teaching people how to use the ******* things! If things are going wrong then you have my deepest sympathy:)

Thank you pnhmrk

Yep, problems this end with my P.C. You have my deepest respect and admiration as you are skilled enough to understand them and teach others to do likewise. It lets me in to post occasionally and then, for no reason I can work out, it just sto

Archived