QE2 August 10th 2006

KarenR_UK

The Commodore Lounge is on the QM2. Isn't the Med cruise on the QE2?

That might explain why I didn't come across it then :D

I know for sure that I am on the QE2, can't speak for SSNORWAY, but I'm sure he'll be along with a :o in a minute

That might explain why I didn't come across it then :D

I know for sure that I am on the QE2, can't speak for SSNORWAY, but I'm sure he'll be along with a :o in a minute

Too right, I must be spending too much time on here! I'm all puddled, its dreadfully addictive this board, why do we do it?

Very sorry, I wont see you in the commodore lounge, my place on the QE2 is the chart room by the step everyone falls down which I already told you about. should definitely find me there, I'll be the one with blue fortuna ciggies, a JD and coke, and a very dashing partner!

Can't wait, it's driving me crazy!!

Too right, I must be spending too much time on here! I'm all puddled, its dreadfully addictive this board, why do we do it?

Very sorry, I wont see you in the commodore lounge, my place on the QE2 is the chart room by the step everyone falls down which I already told you about. should definitely find me there, I'll be the one with blue fortuna ciggies, a JD and coke, and a very dashing partner!

Can't wait, it's driving me crazy!!

And I'll probably be the one falling down the step :D, or looking very lost at the very least... would it be okay to approach you if I see you sat there?

Two weeks to go now, oh sorry, that's for the 29th cruise <ducks>

And I'll probably be the one falling down the step :D, or looking very lost at the very least... would it be okay to approach you if I see you sat there?

Two weeks to go now, oh sorry, that's for the 29th cruise <ducks>

I would be delighted if you did, I don't bite (unless asked!) I think it would be fab to meet you and the family,

I'll have the camera tucked under the table just in case I can get an action shot of you trundelling A.O.T. down the step!

By that time you will have been there a week, and now i've told you my secret, I may have to approach you to get a seat at that table anyway!!

Mark

My place on the QE2 is the chart room by the step everyone falls down which I already told you about. should definitely find me there

I think that step qualifies as one of the things not to be missed on the QE2! I agree that one of the tables there is a perfect spot - you can smoke, you can drink, it's relatively quiet during the day and, now, there's entertainment provided:)

Have you seen a guy in "white tie" (ie tails) I never have, has anyone (recently)?

Hi, Yes. As recently as Feb this year on QM2. Two years ago on her maiden transatlantic there were quite a few. Also several on QE2 over the years.

I leave mine at home as the quilted lining on the jacket makes it far to heavy to pack for flying. Might be driving to/from Queen Victoria Maiden voyage so you never know.

It's twice as old as I am, maybe it's time to invest in a new set :)

Regards, Colin.

I would be delighted if you did, I don't bite (unless asked!) I think it would be fab to meet you and the family,

I'll have the camera tucked under the table just in case I can get an action shot of you trundelling A.O.T. down the step!

By that time you will have been there a week, and now i've told you my secret, I may have to approach you to get a seat at that table anyway!!

Mark

ROFL!

I will have to hunt out this particular seat and put a reserved sign on it for sure :D

Hi, Yes. As recently as Feb this year on QM2. Two years ago on her maiden transatlantic there were quite a few. Also several on QE2 over the years.

I leave mine at home as the quilted lining on the jacket makes it far to heavy to pack for flying. Might be driving to/from Queen Victoria Maiden voyage so you never know.

It's twice as old as I am, maybe it's time to invest in a new set :)

Regards, Colin.

Colin, thanks for that, I asked because I'd not seen a guy in "white tie" on any passenger ship. I've worn it a few times myself (ashore) but there are very (very) few functions that require or expect it these days. I've no longer got mine, unlike you (lucky devil) I no longer fitted mine. Even if I did still have it, and I fitted it, I wouldn't wear it on board.

Thank you again,

Archived