Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Sue, I've been reading these threads about the shore excursions. I read definately not do the Bacardi Distillery and everyone says the whale watching is a must. So I will be doing the whale watching for sure in Caya Levantado and maybe the Jeep Safari. That sound like fun.

As far as San Juan, I think I might just do that on my own. I read the shops are right near the port and they say take a taxi to the forts and walk back. The forts are apparantely up hill all the way, then I might just go to one of the beaches near the port.

I don't think the excursions are posted yet for St. Thomas.

Barb

Barb, thanks for the info that really helps..Yes I do live pretty close to Portland, I am in a small town on the coast (Tillamook) about 75 miles west.

P.S. I'll be in Portland next June. Do you live anywhere near Portland?

Barb, Thanks for the info, it really helps, Yes I do live close to Portland, I live in a small town on the coast, 75 miles west.(Tillamook). The walk from the forts sounds great, Whale watching is also good. sense I live on the coast I get to whale watch often and its GREAT!!!!! Sue

We'll be there in January and that is one of the shore excursions. Isn't January the season for whale watching? If it's not, I guess I won't do that excursion.

The shore excursion says it is the month the whales have there babies there because of the warm water...hummmmm interesting....:rolleyes:

By the way, another tidbit, My sister took a cruise to the Caribean in Jan 2 years ago, she said the Days are beautiful but the nights can get a bit Chilly so be sure to take a sweater or shawl. I will take one but probably not wear it, but just in case..... Has anyone decided on the shore excursions yet? So Many to choose from....Sue

Hey Sue and Barb - Since moving to Vegas 35 years ago my blood has thinned so much that under 75 degrees I am reaching for jackets. One thing I think of is that it gets cooler after sunset and we will be getting dark shortly after 5PM - serious layering for me I think- I am one a smoker, but try to be considerate and do it in designated places.

And looking at excursions in San Juan - will arrange everything around the QVC live broadcasts -I think there will be 2 of them. Would love to horseback ride though. Rather scared of balance issue...:confused:

My daughter thought it so important that I make that "stab at independance" but now I think she and her best friend are seriously thinking of coming be on the cruise - warned her that mom planned on kicking up her heels!! :D

Hey Sue and Barb - Since moving to Vegas 35 years ago my blood has thinned so much that under 75 degrees I am reaching for jackets. One thing I think of is that it gets cooler after sunset and we will be getting dark shortly after 5PM - serious layering for me I think- I am one a smoker, but try to be considerate and do it in designated places.

And looking at excursions in San Juan - will arrange everything around the QVC live broadcasts -I think there will be 2 of them. Would love to horseback ride though. Rather scared of balance issue...:confused:

My daughter thought it so important that I make that "stab at independance" but now I think she and her best friend are seriously thinking of coming be on the cruise - warned her that mom planned on kicking up her heels!! :D

I also get chilly Jeri, so I know I'll be bringing a jacket or two. That would be nice if your daughter went along, the more the merrier.

Jeri, Thats Great, I admire your desire!!!!!!! I would like the horseback riding also, but been so long that I have been on one, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to sit or walk for the rest of the cruise haha..:eek: Sue

Jeri, Thats Great, I admire your desire!!!!!!! I would like the horseback riding also, but been so long that I have been on one, I am afraid that I wouldn't be able to sit or walk for the rest of the cruise haha..:eek: Sue

Jeri, what time does your flight leave from Vegas? Mine leaves at 11:30 pm..would be fun to meet before the cruise!!!!!:D

Jeri, what time does your flight leave from Vegas? Mine leaves at 11:30 pm..would be fun to meet before the cruise!!!!!:D

Also learving from Vegas at 11:30Pm on Saturday nite. Will get to Ft. Lauderdale 0907 (excuse law enforcement sense of time). No smokers amoungest us?:confused:

Also learving from Vegas at 11:30Pm on Saturday nite. Will get to Ft. Lauderdale 0907 (excuse law enforcement sense of time). No smokers amoungest us?:confused:

Thats great, maybe we can meet up at the airport..Law enforcement huh? Hubby retired Law enforcement...Yes, I smoke also, want to quit but its hard!!!!!!! My plane arrives in Miami at 6:50 am...straight flight ( I hate take offs) haha...:rolleyes:

Thats great, maybe we can meet up at the airport..Law enforcement huh? Hubby retired Law enforcement...Yes, I smoke also, want to quit but its hard!!!!!!! My plane arrives in Miami at 6:50 am...straight flight ( I hate take offs) haha...:rolleyes:

You two are getting in awlful early. Can you go right to the ship that early or do you have to find something to do before going aboard? What time can we get on the ship, do any of you know? I'm staying at a hotel the night before, but have to be out of there by 11 am. Just wondering if I can go to the ship then. When I booked the cruise I think they said not before 2pm, but reading some of the threads, some people go earlier. What are you two going to do?:confused:

I quit smoking about 21 years ago, but my husband still smokes and so does my girlfriend who is going.

You two are getting in awlful early. Can you go right to the ship that early or do you have to find something to do before going aboard? What time can we get on the ship, do any of you know? I'm staying at a hotel the night before, but have to be out of there by 11 am. Just wondering if I can go to the ship then. When I booked the cruise I think they said not before 2pm, but reading some of the threads, some people go earlier. What are you two going to do?:confused:

I quit smoking about 21 years ago, but my husband still smokes and so does my girlfriend who is going.

Barb. I am going to Miami, getting shuttled to the ship, it will be early but guess we will figure it out then haha..Hopefully we can find something close by so we can get a bite to eat. The person from the cruise told me we can board about 1 pm.. But I did board my cruise in May about 11...guess we will find out there...:confused:

Barb. I am going to Miami, getting shuttled to the ship, it will be early but guess we will figure it out then haha..Hopefully we can find something close by so we can get a bite to eat. The person from the cruise told me we can board about 1 pm.. But I did board my cruise in May about 11...guess we will find out there...:confused:

So, anyone bring a deck of cards? The man I booked through suggested taking in the sites and shopping but after travelling all nite and then a late nite ahead of me I am willing to find a corner and taking a nap - if I put on a nitie perhaps I can scare them into getting us onboard;)

I swear at times it seems like law enforcement and smokers find each other without trying! 105 days if anyone is counting.

So, anyone bring a deck of cards? The man I booked through suggested taking in the sites and shopping but after travelling all nite and then a late nite ahead of me I am willing to find a corner and taking a nap - if I put on a nitie perhaps I can scare them into getting us onboard;)

I swear at times it seems like law enforcement and smokers find each other without trying! 105 days if anyone is counting.

I agree...sure does.

Thats too funny!!!If you put a nitie on I will put curlers in my hair and a nite mask, set a portable alarm clock and wear big pink fuzzy slippers haha..we will either get on board or go to jail hahaha...:D . I Just want to get there with my LUGGAGE!!!!!:eek:

Having cruised Lirica,FYI they usally have two gang ways for exiting ship, at ports. One is steps and other a ramp type,with couple steps at bottom.Check with information desk or crew for which one will suit you. Have a great trip.

Sorry - missed thread before - TY very much for the info!:o

Barb...did you go shopping yet? and I know I am a grown women but does anyone play games in pogo? or am I the only one? haha....:rolleyes:

Have spent more hours in pogo playing than researching for this cruise!:eek: I am Jerilyn4261947... add me as a friend.

Barb...did you go shopping yet? and I know I am a grown women but does anyone play games in pogo? or am I the only one? haha....:rolleyes:

Yep, went shopping and found something that I think will be dressy enough. I'm also wearing it to a wedding next month. Big sale too! Some of the summer clothes were 75% off, but of course, this particular outfit I purchase was NOT ON SALE!:(

Guess I'm stupid, what what is pogo?:confused:

Have spent more hours in pogo playing than researching for this cruise!:eek: I am Jerilyn4261947... add me as a friend.

Well, I'm glad I am not the only one !!! I am Rainxx1...Been in pogo for about 7 years now lol....:rolleyes:

Archived