Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

Sue -- I see in your profile that you are an artist! Do you have a web site? Are you bringing paints? My husband is an artist too. What about you Barb and Mat and James -- any artistic leanings? I do crafts -- mostly design and sew handbags and sell them at local craft fairs. You can check out my web site (which is still under construction) at http://www.ellelumiere.com

I am looking forward to the Italian language classes! Can't wait to meet you all!

Yes I am an artist, I use to teach oil and acrylic but haven't taught in a few years. It is always great to meet a fellow artist whatever medium they use. I will check out your site!!!!! No, not bringing the paints but will surely take 1000"s of photos:rolleyes: . I do mostly wildlife and cowboys but love sunsets. Italian Language class..ME TOO!!!! sounds like fun. I cant wait to meet everyone also!!!!! WOW I cant believe this but I have been in your site before!!!!My oldest daughter is a purse and bag person and she told me about your site and pointed out the bag she wants for Christmas, this is toooo funny!!!!!!

forecastle

Maybe you can answer this, If you miss your ships departure due to an accident or ect? while you are on one of the ships excursions, do they wait for all to return or just leave? I know its probably a dumb ? but I have been told a few different things by hear say..Thanks

Again always take passport,I also take trip insurance,you wouldn't believe the cost for airlift and or with life support. Last trip and stop at San Juan some pax's were left behind,next stop was St.Maarten don't if they caught up.

The nornal routine with most cruise lines if your on their excursion they know your off ship and wait. Can't say what MSC policy is.

Read a horror story where a young couple missed their ship without passport had problems getting legal plus hotel,food,air tickets to catch up with ship or get home,costs.

Some posters report people get back to ship with pilot boat or charter a private boat to bring them to ship,then you have transfer from a bobbing cork to ship.

Again always take passport,I also take trip insurance,you wouldn't believe the cost for airlift and or with life support. Last trip and stop at San Juan some pax's were left behind,next stop was St.Maarten don't if they caught up.

The nornal routine with most cruise lines if your on their excursion they know your off ship and wait. Can't say what MSC policy is.

Read a horror story where a young couple missed their ship without passport had problems getting legal plus hotel,food,air tickets to catch up with ship or get home,costs.

Some posters report people get back to ship with pilot boat or charter a private boat to bring them to ship,then you have transfer from a bobbing cork to ship.

Thank you so much, That is very helpful. I will always remember to take passport and check with cruise lines for there policy's..Thanks again

Sue -- talk about a small world and the power of the Internet!

Sure is. Did you get your packet back in the mail? got your passport?

Yes, the internet can be quite usefull, can't remember what I use to do before I got a computer, oh yeah, it was laundry and domestic stuff hahaha....:D

I'am still here and waiting for the cruise to begin. I sent away for my passport two weeks ago and I received notice that it should be back around Oct. 27th. Has anyone been billed for the remaining portion of the cruise. I called and they told me they were working on getting the invoices out. If I do not hear soon I will call and pay over the phone. As I mentioned before my wife and I are from Tucson, Arizona, we will be flying in on the 6th and staying at the comfort Inn Airport. The have a shuttle from the airport and to port Everglades. We hope to meet you all there I hope we can all get together sometime. It would be nice to talk with you all

I'am still here and waiting for the cruise to begin. I sent away for my passport two weeks ago and I received notice that it should be back around Oct. 27th. Has anyone been billed for the remaining portion of the cruise. I called and they told me they were working on getting the invoices out. If I do not hear soon I will call and pay over the phone. As I mentioned before my wife and I are from Tucson, Arizona, we will be flying in on the 6th and staying at the comfort Inn Airport. The have a shuttle from the airport and to port Everglades. We hope to meet you all there I hope we can all get together sometime. It would be nice to talk with you all

Glad your still with us, Yes we must all meet. May I ask what your first name is? Mine is Sue, actually its Donna but I go by Sue, I think we all here have been bonding, I am so glad I found this site. It's nice to know that You can become friends even without ever meeting in person. It will be so much fun to meet!!!!! I won this cruise so dont know about the billing part of it but am sure it will be soon....Sue:D

Glad your still with us, Yes we must all meet. May I ask what your first name is? Mine is Sue, actually its Donna but I go by Sue, I think we all here have been bonding, I am so glad I found this site. It's nice to know that You can become friends even without ever meeting in person. It will be so much fun to meet!!!!! I won this cruise so dont know about the billing part of it but am sure it will be soon....Sue:D

My name is James and my wife is Marie. I am in my early 50's and you will have to ask my wife her age (I know better not to tell). My wife loves QVC and I love getting away. I think this is going to be some cruise. I hope we can all meet on board, we have early dining.

Thank you so much, That is very helpful. I will always remember to take passport and check with cruise lines for there policy's..Thanks again

P.S. Also take Ships agent info at each port,printed in daily newsletter

Sue -- I see in your profile that you are an artist! Do you have a web site? Are you bringing paints? My husband is an artist too. What about you Barb and Mat and James -- any artistic leanings? I do crafts -- mostly design and sew handbags and sell them at local craft fairs. You can check out my web site (which is still under construction) at http://www.ellelumiere.com

I am looking forward to the Italian language classes! Can't wait to meet you all!

Linda, I used to do crafts all the time, year ago, that's until we got a computer. Now I find myself on the computer in my free time when I'm not working. I don't even watch TV much anymore. I used to love doing crafts. I used to cross stich, make dolls, do ceramics, make wreaths, do decorative painting, make halloween costumes, the list is endless. Now all I do is make scarfs for dogs. I'm a dog groomer and I put scarfs on them when they are finished. I checked out your bags, very nice. Is that a picture of you and your daughter on the site?

I too want to do the Italian classes. Are we all Italians here?

James, we sent away for our passports three weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'll feel better when it arrives. I haven't been billed yet for the cruise, but I did send in the remaining balance.

Barb

Good morning every one! Yes, that is a photo of my daughter and myself. Alli is in art school and works part time as a graphic designer (she designed my web site). She is so excited to be my guest on the cruise!

I am not Italian but I am an ancient Rome buff and my husband and I want to go to Italy soon. And I love the sound of Italian! So even if I learn only a tiny bit it will be lots of fun!

Barb, your crafts sound fantastic! But I know what you mean about the computer! I work full time in the computer industry so I am on the computer all day long...cuts down on my desire to surf!

I have my passport in order since I travel all the time on business. Gotta go to PT now. Have a great day!

Hi everyone, heres a web addy to check on the status of your passport, when you get there scroll all the way to bottom of page because it appears empty...http://www.travel.state.org/passport

Barb..did you read the post I left for you about you having to pay for trip? haha...

James...Looking so forward to meeting you and wife, We have early seating also, we should all pick a place and time to meet the day we board..maybe on the pool deck or ????? at 4????? :rolleyes: Sue

Hi again. I must say that this message board sure helps me keep my mind off my knee! This is one heck of a painful operation to recover from. I have read over the posts and have compiled this (let me know if I have made mistakes). Fill in any info you wish to share including your cabin number:

• James and Marie from Tucson
  • Barb and her husband, son, and a girlfriend from Pennsylvania
  • Mat and her husband from New Jersey
  • Jeri from Las Vegas
  • rxdr and his wife from Twin Cities (are you still here?)
  • Katastic88 with mother and sister (are you still here?)
  • Sue with her husband, MIL and two SIL from Oregon
  • Linda with her daughter Alli from Boston -- (Cruise winner, likes crafts and shopping (well duh...), 57, handicapped -- I have Parkinson's in addition to the bum knees). Alli -- artist, photographer, college student, 22

Nice range of geographies! I bet most of us are in our 50s. Anyone in their 20s? Is anyone else planning to decorate their door or balcony?

Sue and Ron..cabin #10040 and no I am not calling him Captian Ron hahaha:D both in mid 50's, retired military and law enforcement, well at least he is ha...I am just tired!!!!!!!

Linda, you really been doing your homework!!!!!!

Great job Linda.

Barb & husband Tom, I'm 51, Tom is 55 and we're in cabin 10142 on the Turandot deck. Tom is on permanent disability and I am a dog groomer. We are also early dinner seating.

Sue, yes I did read your post and I know NEW FRIENDS.

One thing about Tom, he suffers from panic attacks. That's one of the reasons why I'm so happy my girlfriend is going. Tom might spend a lot of time in the cabin, but I always have Pat. I was really surprised he wanted to go on this cruise. He is a homebody, is funny around large crowds, but he is so excited about doing this. He says, it won't matter, if he needs to get away, he'll have that cabin with the balcony. I'm so glad he's taking this step, so if he acts a little funny, just ignore him. He loved the last cruise we went on and he can't wait for this one.

Barb

Great job Linda.

Barb & husband Tom, I'm 51, Tom is 55 and we're in cabin 10142 on the Turandot deck. Tom is on permanent disability and I am a dog groomer. We are also early dinner seating.

Sue, yes I did read your post and I know NEW FRIENDS.

One thing about Tom, he suffers from panic attacks. That's one of the reasons why I'm so happy my girlfriend is going. Tom might spend a lot of time in the cabin, but I always have Pat. I was really surprised he wanted to go on this cruise. He is a homebody, is funny around large crowds, but he is so excited about doing this. He says, it won't matter, if he needs to get away, he'll have that cabin with the balcony. I'm so glad he's taking this step, so if he acts a little funny, just ignore him. He loved the last cruise we went on and he can't wait for this one.

Barb

Morning all - Jeri here at 59 a a 3 stroke survivor I guess I am the senior in this group. I am a stroke survivor - my veins are allerigc to my blood causing 3 strokes before they figured out what was causing them. Doing late seating- just like that one. Every year I make handmade gifts for a lot of my friends and my daughters co-workers- mostly crochet, but this year I am making them all custom calenadars. I always say I am a wanna-ba computer nerd - daughter say I am a nerd already. Understand entirely about Tom's problem - hits me at times now - have not always been, but being alone most of the time in the last 3 years and now I am used to quiet. If he wants, we can sit, smoke and play cards if he wants. one hundred and one days folks.:D

Sadly :( , my daughter has decided to pass on this cruise. This spring will be turning 60 and think she wants one then.

I need luggage advice! It seems like I will have to take a large rolling suitcase to accommodate all the clothing requirements! I need a good sized carry-on as well but I am wondering how I will manage with a cane and all this stuff. When I travel for business I take a backpack since it leaves my hands free. Do any of you have good luggage solutions that you could pass on? In your experience as cruisers what are the essentials to bring and what should I not bother with?

Another question: do your wear one outfit for dinner and then change again for the cocktail parties or can I wear my cocktail dress to dinner? For breakfast and lunch is it ok to wear capris and ts?

I need luggage advice! It seems like I will have to take a large rolling suitcase to accommodate all the clothing requirements! I need a good sized carry-on as well but I am wondering how I will manage with a cane and all this stuff. When I travel for business I take a backpack since it leaves my hands free. Do any of you have good luggage solutions that you could pass on? In your experience as cruisers what are the essentials to bring and what should I not bother with?

Another question: do your wear one outfit for dinner and then change again for the cocktail parties or can I wear my cocktail dress to dinner? For breakfast and lunch is it ok to wear capris and ts?

I have had 2 websites that have really helped me. First of all, there is Cruise Diva - she has broken things down in lists. Most important, is TSA Transportation Security Admin. eep checking back at that one - the rulings for carry on seem to change weeky. Will be using my walker to get to the ship - won't fit into my suitcase and then a rolling backpack (great for shopping on port days) then one of my trusty travelon purses that hold the world.

You crafty ladies might be alble to help me here. I used to see those walker purses but now that I need one I don't have one.:confused:

As far as decorating our balconies, if they are allowed would like a martini flag.:D

jeri

Hi Jeri. Which Travelon bag do you like the best? And the walker purse is a great idea. I will start doing some designs and see if I can make a prototype. What features would you like to see in a walker purse?

I have three travelons - two small that I wear with belt loops in my jeans, my first black one that had a hang thingy for neck that carried id, passport, and ticket. Favorite is the one that was recently TSV - expandable and also a place for ticket, etc, as well as a cell phone holder - using that one the plane.

Would love to see one that is rather dual purpose - room for book, pocket for either cell phone or camera. If there is the least but of movement I can tip over easily and carrying a lot of stuff along with a drink :D I would really have problems. One holding a water or soda bottle is also handy. One important thing for me is taking out of one side having the other side stable. Saddle bag idea is good?

I hope you have time to check out the websites - they were both of great use to me.

twin cities here-have not received invoice yet-we were told to pay in full by sept 15- thanks for all the tips on this messsage board

Hi everyone, where you able to get the status on your passports yet? I will be leaving here on Sunday so It will be a week or so until I can get back to all of you, but I will....As you all have probably noticed I am a bit shy. Okay I know what your thinking, (yeah right) right? haha...Anyway, I will be online until Sunday so I will keep checking in...Sue:cool:

Archived