Qvc Chartered Msc Opera 1/7/07 To 1/14/07

Pennacruiser

I would like to meet him, he's great to talk with. Have you read any reviews on the cruise line MSC. I took a look at he menu and I can't even say half of the dishes they will be serving. Since most of the gang are U.S I wonder if they are going to change the menu.

With the threads I have read I plan on crocheting a verrry long scarf. As far as MSC changing their style just for QVC - I don't think so - at least hope not! From what I read, I think if you come on the cruise to relax and have a wonderful time and have a smile on your face all the time you will not be disappointed. Just don't expect candy on your pillow and as far as eating - if you have a question about food, just ask! ;)

I love Italian food and can't wait to try some new dishes! I do hope, however, that some fresh fruit and low cal snacks are available as well or I will not fit into the tiny shower! Where did you find the menu? I saw a sample menu on the cruise details website. Is there another source?

I want to be able to participate in some card games but don't know any. I used to play bridge all the time but have forgotten how. What games should I learn?

And I hope to do a lot of deckside reading. Any "must reads" recommendations? Generally I like to read mysteries and historical fiction as well as nonfiction history but I am open to new genres.

I love Italian food and can't wait to try some new dishes! I do hope, however, that some fresh fruit and low cal snacks are available as well or I will not fit into the tiny shower! Where did you find the menu? I saw a sample menu on the cruise details website. Is there another source?

I want to be able to participate in some card games but don't know any. I used to play bridge all the time but have forgotten how. What games should I learn?

And I hope to do a lot of deckside reading. Any "must reads" recommendations? Generally I like to read mysteries and historical fiction as well as nonfiction history but I am open to new genres.

If I am not mistaken, we will have a bowl of fresh fruit in out cabin everyday, re-plentished if needed. WARNING WARNING! Do not try to bring it on shore at the end of the cruise, For some reason you will be charged $250.00 per piece

Am a huge Agatha Christie fan and have most of the books as well as most of the movies - daughter is concerned that I will go through withdrawl without my CHarlie CHan or Thin Man movies collection, for a modern writer, Ludlem.

I am sure we will have some wonderful times teaching each other card games.

jeri

Barb...you still with us? I will miss all of you next week..:(

Yes, Sue I'm still here. It's been a busy couple of days. I have also talked to Henry. Great guy. I also need to call Henry. I paid my balance a couple of weeks ago and never got a confirmation. I called about it and they said they received my $ and they were sending my a confirmation, but still haven't received it.

Linda, I went on your Coldwater Creek website. GREAT SALE GOING ON.:D I also found something on there that I purchased. Can't believe the price. I think I'm set for my clothes for the cruise. I have a wedding next month, now I'm not sure which of the outfits I bought I'll wear to the wedding. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD. My favorite, guess it's because I am Italian and was brought up mostly on pasta!

Barb

Yes, Sue I'm still here. It's been a busy couple of days. I have also talked to Henry. Great guy. I also need to call Henry. I paid my balance a couple of weeks ago and never got a confirmation. I called about it and they said they received my $ and they were sending my a confirmation, but still haven't received it.

Linda, I went on your Coldwater Creek website. GREAT SALE GOING ON.:D I also found something on there that I purchased. Can't believe the price. I think I'm set for my clothes for the cruise. I have a wedding next month, now I'm not sure which of the outfits I bought I'll wear to the wedding. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD. My favorite, guess it's because I am Italian and was brought up mostly on pasta!

I saw another menu I think it was on MSC website but who knows ha..been in so many sites lately I can't even remember my name hahaha....:eek: ....

Hey Sue- Are you using the airport pick-up thingy? You're getting in just over an hour before me. Cost is $35.00 per person I think. Oy - we are sooo early

Jeri, Yes we are, Ours is 50 PP because we are landing in Miami, we should get to the port pretty close to each other, then we will decide what to do from there. Maybe take a taxi to go eat...Sue

Hi James,

Wow, They went up so fast. A friend of mine is going on the cruise with her husband and she booked a room there last week and I guess she got in just in time before the rates went up. Even the airlines are going up in price. It was even hard for her to get a good price on her airline tickets.

I am amazed at the cost of passports. I have to get three because we are taking our son with us. I'm sure it will all be worth it though.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Barb

Opps - I mean 97 days left! How is the passport situation? Everyone have them yet? Am sooo excited!

Opps - I mean 97 days left! How is the passport situation? Everyone have them yet? Am sooo excited!

I haven't received our passports yet but it should only be a couple more weeks. I won't feel like everything is finalized until we get them.

I spoke to Henry today and he said to make sure to contact them when we receive our passports and give them the passport numbers. They will need that information. He also said that QVC is planning some type of party for everyone the first night to welcome everyone and introduce themselves and to tell everyone what is planned for the week. He said that will be our "sailaway party". We won't be having the traditional sailaway party on this cruise. QVC is still in the planning stages so there aren't any details yet. In any case, it'll be a lot of fun. :)

Barb

I haven't received our passports yet but it should only be a couple more weeks. I won't feel like everything is finalized until we get them.

I spoke to Henry today and he said to make sure to contact them when we receive our passports and give them the passport numbers. They will need that information. He also said that QVC is planning some type of party for everyone the first night to welcome everyone and introduce themselves and to tell everyone what is planned for the week. He said that will be our "sailaway party". We won't be having the traditional sailaway party on this cruise. QVC is still in the planning stages so there aren't any details yet. In any case, it'll be a lot of fun. :)

Barb

Hang in there - it took almost 6 weeks to get my passport. QVC is certain keeping us in suspense! Looking forward to meeting all the people I have met on this site!

jeri

Hang in there - it took almost 6 weeks to get my passport. QVC is certain keeping us in suspense! Looking forward to meeting all the people I have met on this site!

jeri

I was surprised when Henry answered the phone, but I thought I would try anyway. When he answered I asked him that same question. He said he didn't have any days off, but that was OK. I thought he was kidding but I'm beginning to think he really doesn't.

I think Sue mentioned before, (or maybe it was someone else) that we should meet at a certain time that first day to introduce ourselves. I think that's a good idea. I think when it gets closer to the cruise date we should make plans to do just that.

Linda, haven't heard from you in a while. How's rehab going?

Barb

I was surprised when Henry answered the phone, but I thought I would try anyway. When he answered I asked him that same question. He said he didn't have any days off, but that was OK. I thought he was kidding but I'm beginning to think he really doesn't.

I think Sue mentioned before, (or maybe it was someone else) that we should meet at a certain time that first day to introduce ourselves. I think that's a good idea. I think when it gets closer to the cruise date we should make plans to do just that.

Linda, haven't heard from you in a while. How's rehab going?

Barb

I have no idea why, but I am thinking someone suggested meeting at 4PM somewhere around the pool I think (in smoking area perhaps?). Thinking of setting up a flag on one of the tables? Have seen people who set it up inside and then discovered that that lounge was not open. I have also heard if people from Cruise Critic setting it up with the cruise line, but it would not be free - scratch that huh- save money for the important stuff.

Just left he MSC official site and found excursions as well as their prices - not as bad as I thought they would be, but still seriously thinking of striking out by myself - as long as I am not alone:cool: .

96 days all

jeri

Hi all. Sorry I have been out of touch -- between doing physical therapy and sleeping I have not had much time for the computer. I am doing very well and feel I have turned the corner in my rehab! I even managed to have a little outing to TJ Max yesterday (lasted 10 mins.). I guage recovery by my shopping endurance!

I sent in all my cruise winners documents to QVC's rep and now I am waiting with baited breath for my packet of info to arrive so I can make my arrangements. I feel so very behind. I do have my passport so that is great.

Meeting up on the first day sounds great -- I really am looking forward to meeting you.

Hi all. Sorry I have been out of touch -- between doing physical therapy and sleeping I have not had much time for the computer. I am doing very well and feel I have turned the corner in my rehab! I even managed to have a little outing to TJ Max yesterday (lasted 10 mins.). I guage recovery by my shopping endurance!

I sent in all my cruise winners documents to QVC's rep and now I am waiting with baited breath for my packet of info to arrive so I can make my arrangements. I feel so very behind. I do have my passport so that is great.

Meeting up on the first day sounds great -- I really am looking forward to meeting you.

Hi LInda! Maybe the winners will be getting different info than the rest of us. If you are ticket holder the information gets to you about 2 weeks before sailing so I guess I will be having a lot longer to wait. Just thought of something - Sue is on the road and I don't think she will be home before the cruise:eek:. Her kids hopefully will forward them to Needles - think that is where she will be. .

Linda - remember to pace yourself! When I was in rehab in the hospital after my strokes (I live alone so had to stay and have it there) I drove them nuts - they told me I am an "A" personality type and kept doing more than I was supposed to. I have a funny feeling you are also

Just heard from my bunkmate and it is settled that we will be dining late, but look forward to seeing y'all quite a bit anyway.

Take care all!

I have no idea why, but I am thinking someone suggested meeting at 4PM somewhere around the pool I think (in smoking area perhaps?). Thinking of setting up a flag on one of the tables? Have seen people who set it up inside and then discovered that that lounge was not open. I have also heard if people from Cruise Critic setting it up with the cruise line, but it would not be free - scratch that huh- save money for the important stuff.

Just left he MSC official site and found excursions as well as their prices - not as bad as I thought they would be, but still seriously thinking of striking out by myself - as long as I am not alone:cool: .

96 days all

jeri

Jeri, I too was at the MSC's website and read the excursions prices. Not bad. I'm still waiting to see what excursions we will have in St. Thomas, but I'm sure they will be the same as the website, only more. I think I'm really looking forward to Cayo Levantado. From reading the threads, it sounds beautiful.

Glad you doing well Linda. You want to make sure that knee is good and strong for our trip. :)

Barb

Big day today.... my formal dress arrived from Coldwater Creek and I am quite pleased with it! And I just received my cabin assignment -- 10179 ocean view with balcony. Late dinner seating. Tommorow I'll book flight and hotel. Exciting!

Also dining late - we could always hobble in together:D . I know I prefer late dining for my reasons, but if you prefer early, perhaps you can change it.

So now you have everything you need - so happy for you. BTW, saw your thread in the QVC forum..

Take care,

jeri

Hi everyone, We made it to Needles, stayed a few days in Reno and stopped in Vegas just to get dinner. Had a good trip, boy is it hot here haha..Jeri, Henry said he would send my packette here at sis in laws addy, said it should come in Nov. We are leaving here tommorow for another week but wanted to check in....Linda, so happy your rehab is going well....Yes, I think we should meet on ship also, as time gets closer and we all have our packettes with whats happening we can set it up.....

I MISSED ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!:D

Archived