Hotel In Fort Lauderdale

cruzingduo

Can some some recommend a hotel for 1 night prior to our Radiance cruise in March? At the airport?

When we would fly in we liked either the Wyndham or Sheraton. If I wanted to stay at the airport I'd bid $60/3 Stars/Airport on Priceline and most often get one of the two.

When living in the midwest we'd pick which part of town to stay in pre-cruise depending on what time of day we arrived. If we could get into town early we'd pick a beach hotel If it was later in the day, probably an airport hotel.

As the airport is so very close to Port Everglades about any of them will do. But the beach hotels along A1A are not all that far either and well worth the cab fare for more beach time and the fun of the area.

We're driving down there this weekend and got the Holiday Inn on the beach for $50+ tax which is pretty easy to do. Not a really fancy place but great location.

I know you asked about which one, not how to buy one but this is an area, like downtown Miami, where it's really hard to go wrong on a bid and you'll save so much.

Chris

Glad to see you bit the bullet and finally are trying RC........hope you enjoy it.........and from the look of what you have booked.......I would say you will

Jim:)

We have stayed several times at the Ameri-Suites on SE 10th Ave in Ft Lauderdale. It's convienient to both the airport & the cruise port being halfway between them. There's lots of other hotels & resturants in the immediate area as well as places to do last minute shopping for things like water & soda and any incidentals you may have forgotten. There is also a liquor store close by. They provide shuttle service to and from both the airport and the cruiseport, best of all, everything is within walking distance.

I always use Priceline. Bid 3* downtown and usually got the Marriott Marina for around $75. Check biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of winning bids. I just got four rooms at Miami Hyatt Regency for $75 per night for August precruise.

Yes and it was wonderful.

It was formerly the Marriott and is right across the street from the Convention Center. Any view is good too. If you get the port view thats obviously great to see the ships. We had the Marina View and found it very relaxing and interesting to watch the people with their boats.

Great room service; try the Shrimp Quesadillas; they're wonderful.

Archived