Just me? Did they just reboot the server?

I have not been able to access the boards for the last 24 hours. I can get on the rest of the site, but have given up for the boards. It either starts to load board, or just goes out into cyberspace. Didn't realize how addicted I was until not being able to get on......

I don't know what's going on, but this is the first time I have been able to post in about 24 hours. I still can't access my ROLL CALL and post. It takes FOREVER to even get the screen to show up, IF it shows up. Most of the time I can't even get the screen. I wish the moderators would post a message at the top to tell us what gives. We cruise addicts need something. Toss us a bone, please!

I think the boards are seeing a significant increase in traffic due to the accident with the Princess ship yesterday.

I hope you are correct because I have been having a realy hard time opening the boards aswell and when it does open I can not go anywhere for it just goes blank!!!! It just took me about 4 tries and 10 minutes just to post this

It is so frustrating. The pages take forever to load and when I try to scrow down it drags and distorts stuff. I don't think it has anything to do with extra traffic from the Crown Princess incident because it was happening a few days before it. I love reading the boards but give up because it is so slow. Hope it is resolved soon.

I think the boards are seeing a significant increase in traffic due to the accident with the Princess ship yesterday.

It was slow at 5:00am eastern time this morning when I woke up (most people are sleeping and it should have loaded fast then)

It seems to be worse since the Crown incident but the boards have been screwed up for a year and a half and nothing has been done to correct the situation so I would not hold my breath in hopes that they will work normal again. You either live with it or find another cruise board that works.

It is so frustrating. The pages take forever to load and when I try to scrow down it drags and distorts stuff. I don't think it has anything to do with extra traffic from the Crown Princess incident because it was happening a few days before it. I love reading the boards but give up because it is so slow. Hope it is resolved soon.

The issue in the last 24 hours has been the Crown Princess. So many people are trying to access the board at the same time that CC's boards are overloaded.

The internet is like a multi-lane highway. What we are seeing is a "rush hour" on that highway all trying to get to the same place, at the same time, with a couple of wrecks (system crashes most likely) tossed in for good measure. Cruise Critic (CC) is the board of choice for people seeking information about cruises and for keeping in touch with other cruisers. As a result, CC has more travelers on its highway than it can comfortably handle. In my opinion, and I have dealt with inter/intra-net issues for nearly 15 years, CC is going to have to increase its bandwidth (number of lanes on its highway) or the connection issues are only going to get worse. I personnally will remove the countdown clock from my signature. One of the problems is the excessive signatures in the posts.

Archived