Poll: Who is your favorite godmother?

I think the best choice for the Champagne smash was...  

85 members have voted

1. 1. I think the best choice for the Champagne smash was...

• Martha Stewart: Crown Princess (or any other cake-baking ex-con!)
    • Whoopi Goldberg: Royal Caribbean's Viking Serenade and Serenade of the Seas
    • Kim Cattrall: Norwegian Dawn
    • Katie Couric: Carnival Valor
    • Queen Elizabeth II: Queen Mary 2
    • Senator Daniel Inouye of Hawaii: Pride of Hawaii
    • Louise Calder: Freedom of the Seas
    • Prunella Scales: P&O's Artemis (remember "Fawlty Towers"?)
    • Melania Trump: Norwegian Jewel
    • Other -- please post!!

• Administrators

I'm a true blue "New Yawka" and Sex in the City fanatic, so I voted for Kim, natch!

Laura

I liked the one for Carnival Miracle. I forget her name but that girl soldier who was a prisoner of war when the war in Iraq first started.

Her first name is Jessica but I forget her last name.

I remembered-Jessica Lynch. I just thought it was so nice they picked her after all she had been through.

Wacky, Jimmy and Gloria Stewart were actually godPARENTS and it was Gloria who cut the ribbon and christened the ship.

Daniel Inouye was the first real godfather in modern times, but at the last minute NCL America decided to call him "sponsor" and have six women pull the lever to break the bottle. It would have been bad luck for him to do it. The ceremony was so lovely and so poignant, though, that I ended up blubbering all over myself. It started when the band played Yankee Doodle Dandy. Go figure.

Leoandhugh, are you ever right. Sophia Loren is as beautiful at 71 as she was 30 years ago, and classy, classy, classy. She's the quintessential ship godmother.

Jana

Several favorite godmothers not on the poll list ........

"Princess Cruises has snagged some pretty big names for its christenings -- Audrey Hepburn for the Star Princess in 1989, Sophia Loren, appropriately, for the Crown Princess, the line's first Italian-built ship, Lady Margaret Thatcher for the Regal Princess in 1991. The real coup, however, was when Princess Diana christened the Royal Princess in 1984." (info from the Internet)

Katarina Witt -- Voyager of the Seas

Come on, you've got an ex-con and random actresses on the poll, but not a two-time Olympic gold medalist? Katarina Witt is a much more impressive godmother than anyone else on the list. But then again, I am a figure skater and skating coach myself, so maybe I'm a little biased. ;)

Definitely NOT martha stewart..:( :( :( :(

(Actually, she could be considered the wicked stepmother.)

Sophia Loren should have christened the new Crown Princess. She christened the original Crown, and it would have been appropriate for her to christen this one too.

She is "class" personified.

Ms. stewart could never match that.

Archived