Zuiderdam ? We need advice!

We have always cruised with RCCL, but after searching for a nice Eastern Caribbean itinery we came up with this ship for the end of October. They have a great price for a Verandah Suite. Could you let us know all about HAL, the ship, food, itinery and maybe how the cabins/suites are ? Any info would really help... Thanks,

Jimmy and Allie :) :)

I have always found the food to be excellent on HAL, but I am not a fussy eater and food is so subjective. I look at it this way, if I don't have to cook it or clean up the mess, I am happy.

I have booked an aft suite on the Zuiderdam for this coming March, with a mini suite next door. We are a group of 5 girls friends doing a "girls" cruise and are looking forward to it. I learned on these boards, since I haven't sailed the Zuiderdam as of yet, that the aft cabins have a bit of a larger balcony area than the suites on the sides, that's why we choose these cabins.

I have always found the service to be EXCELLENT on all my HAL cruises, I don't think it will be any different on the Zuiderdam and am looking forward to this cruise.

I hope this has helped and I am sure that other Zuiderdam cruisers can answser your specific questions. Enjoy your cruise.

:)

Only once have we ever been disappointed on HAL's food. And that was when the Ryndam a couple of years ago when a new chef came on board and was doing his own thing. Otherwise, we love the food on HAL.

We love the friendliness of the crew and how they go out of their way to please you.

We had a suite on the Oosterdam - sister ship of the Zuiderdam. Loved it. The verandah was smaller than the ones on the older ships. But it didn't make any difference to us.

You will find the cabins on HAL ships to be much larger than on RCI or Princess.

As far as itinerary is concerned that is a personal matter - everyone selects their cruises on what ports they like and what they like to do in those ports.

:)

There are two things that I especially like about the "Z" and her class of ship. One is the personnel-they are always great on the whole; and two, is the "SS" class mini-suite. It is the best deal going of any line. Food was especially good in the dining room - the Lido could have been better. But those "SS" rooms with their verandas are to die for. We had room service breakfast every day including the day of disembarking. YOu will have a nice time on this ship.

we are also booked on Zuiderdam Oct 23rd from Ft.Lauderdale, Eastern Caribbean, and booked an ss cabin. We previously sailed on Westerdam on two occassions and had a great cruise, good food, wonderful crew, and beautiful flowers all over the ship. We had previously chosen Navigator of the Seas for this time of year, but then HAL sent us an offer to good to pass up, so we changed our cruise. We also preferred the itinerary on HAL, better port times and better days...Sunday at sea rather than in Nassau. Which Cabin are you in? we have 8050 Navigation Deck.

I have had the priviledge of being in an SS cabin on the Zuiderdam, and it is wonderful indeed. The extra space really comes in handy. The bathroom is large, with two sinks and a separate shower. I agree with the other posters regarding service and ambiance on HAL ships.

Archived