Need any info for Baltimore........Never Been

isujim

MadelineRose was correct, there IS a haunted B & B in Gettysburg and I've stayed there! It is called the Farnsworth House.......beautiful, haunting place.....lovely accomodations and they have ghost talks down in the cellar of the place every evening and they are REALLY CREEPY. My boyfriend at the time swore he saw a ghost in our room in military clothing, red hair and beard...said he was in a rocking chair on my side of the bed staring at me....GREAT!!! This guy didn't even BELIEVE in ghosts and made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone!!! There have been TV documentaries on the house. They also have a website, I'll get you the addy. If you go to Gettysburg, you MUST eat at the Dobbin House....make sure you eat downstairs in the underground basement cellar, not upstairs....it is the most enchanting and, again, haunting place!!! Very dimly lit, candles everywhere, really neat faint music in the background......and very cold, yummy local draft beer!! The Dobbin is only a short walk from the Farnsworth House....I live in Baltimore and Gettysburg is one of my favorite weekend getaways.....I've been going there almost every year for a long time...love the place! You will love your time in Baltimore no matter what you choose.....everyone has given you great and accurate advice! Welcome!!!!!

Thank you so much...........I remember seeing that house with ghosts maybe on the History Channel..........some tv show.........:eek: :eek: Gettysburg is definetly IN............:)

If visiting Gettysburg, you must visit the Dobbin House Tavern. Check it out on line. They, too, have a great B&B. Stayed there 2 weeks ago. Rates are under $100/night for some rooms. It is just a block or 2 from the battlefield visitor's center.

If in the area, Harper's Ferry is also just 1 hour sw of Gettysburg and great. That's where John Brown met his fate as well as where Lewis and Clark picked up their weapons for their westward journey. Very quaint town and NHP.

Could someone please tell me if the Microtel Motel in Baltimore on Winterson Rd, is a nice place? We have reservations there the night before our cruise. They offer free parking, for the 9 days, versus $10.00 a day the port terminal charges. Also will there be a problem getting a taxi from there, and would it be very expensive?

thanks for any info.

Someone on the thread for our October Baltimore cruise mentioned they'd heard about someone that left their car at the hotel parking lot (no mention of which hotel) and returned to a stolen gas cap and empty tank.

This is third or fourth hand information, so I can't say how accurate it is, but thouoght I'd pass the story along

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Anyone have experience or can tell me about Brookshire Suites or the Tremont Plaza in Baltimore?

Ready to book rooms........just starting some research.

Also has anyone stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn

Thanks

I haven't stayed at any of these places, but of the 3, I recommend Brookshire Suites because of it's superior location just a block from Harborplace.

With that said, I hope you are not tall because Brookshire Suites was formerly a parking garage and the ceilings are a bit lower than usual.

Tremont Plaza was originally an apartment building and is about 4 or 5 blocks to the Inner Harbor.

Admiral Fell Inn is located in Fells Point, which is a very popular bar area and might be noisy at night.

Appreciate the info Howard............haven't made any decisions yet.........but boy the prices are pretty high for hotel rooms in Baltimore. Probably not by NY standards but high by midwest standards.

Howard

Any recommendation for a shuttle from the pier back to BWI after the cruise? I just dread the thought of RC transfers..........who services the Baltimore area that would be at the pier when we get off the ship?

Thanks

Jim

Howard........

You have greatly helped so I hope you don't mind if I keep plugging away and asking questions..........

We will arrive to BWI on a Tuesday around 3:30ish.........after getting luggage and rental car we expect to leave the airport around 4:15ish.

How far in time? Is it to Gettysburg? Based on Traffic.........we are thinking of going ahead and driving to Gettysburg and spend the next day there all day.........plus the hotels are cheaper there......at least for one night:)

Again thanks for your help.

Jim

Archived