More pod problems on Infinity!!!

bonbon663

RLM77: thanks for the link and all the info - added to the list ! - I'm glad I have a year to plan - I have lots to learn, this being our first cruise. I've copied your post into my file, which just keeps getting bigger !!!

Just checked the Kroooz cam - looks amazing - maybe we can change the name of this thread to ' no more pod problems ' ? wouldn't that be nice ?
- for all you first time cruisers : ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have found this board. We are sailing on Infinity 10 day Vancouver to San Francisco. I was anxious to hear how the ship fared, You are so right Attitude is important. We dis a cruisetour to Alaska in 1999. Weather was great but plenty of adventure, Forest fire in the Yukon, earthquake while we were dining out on our last nite in Anchorage. On the flight home we had to connect in Minneapolis. Weather problems and flight was eventually cancelled. We were put up in hotel by the airline and when we turned on the TV there was a warning to stay away from the windows as there were high wind.twister warnings. Made it home the following day and had plenty to talk about. It truly was a trip to remember including all of the beauty of Alaska.

We stayed at the Terminal City Tower Hotel for 2 nights in a suite before the cruise and in King size room after the cruise. It's a lovely hotel right behing the Pan Pacific Hotel at Canada Place, 2 minutes walk from the cruise ship terminal. our bell boy loaded our luggage onto his trolley and wheeled us over the road which was great fun!! Have a look at their website, the rooms are lovely. Our Ks room was almost as big as the suite, still with a kitchenette and same luxury bathroom, wardrobes, ironing board, etc. The suite had a settee and coffee table and desk and bedroom was separate but otherwise just as comfortable. The indoor pool is very luxurious and there is also a full size snooker/billiards room in the club which hotel guests have access to - great fun. we found it empty on the weekends and had great fun playing snooker! There is also a pub below the hotel with internal access which does very good pub grub and loads of restaurants nearby. Brilliant location, good price - cheaper than the fairmont across the road and the Pan pacific. some rooms have water views - I watched Infinity sail in at 6 am from our suite windows and could see her the following weekend as well from the KS room. Could see the water-planes taking off and landing as well. Rooms are on 8th floor - 12th floor so all have a good view. I'd love to go there again!

Welshlady: I just got off the website for the hotel you suggested - I love it !!!! it's [B]stunning[/B] - that pool ! wow !!! (and it has a fitness centre which I need for my bad back) and from what you describe - it's absolutely perfect - I hadn't come accross that hotel in my searches - my jaw dropped when I saw the rooms - I can't get rates yet for next summer - but dates I sampled - I think we can do it !!!!!! now I'm even more excited - to go from that to a CS on Infinity - wow !!!!! trip of a lifetime !!!!!! yippeeeeee !!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)
thank you so much !!!! (I seem to be posting a lot of thank you's on this site !)
Louise

Welshlady, I called Terminal City Tower Hotel for the info for next year - then showed my DH the photos of the big suite on their website 'holy s**t' was his response. I showed him the photos before I told him the price ! and he feels really guilty about not retiring in November like he promised - so he said yes to the big suite with the view of the harbour/mountains !!!!! we don't celebrate often - but we go big when we do !!! thanks again for the info - can't wait !! I'm worse than a kid at Christmas :eek:

I'll be watching the Kroooze Cam Sunday evening as Infinity sails out - just to torture myself !!!

(I think BonBon ran out of internet time - but there's been no more news so I'm thinking everything's going fine !!! )

Glad you liked it - we loved it!! We got a package including full breakfast - I think it's $15-95 if you pay for it but the breakfast is excellent. The dining room is partly under the pool with an outdoor terrace so that we had breakfast out there looking down at the harbour. Absolutely gorgeous. We wanted somewhere nice to stay immediately before our wedding and then when i looked for somewhere else to stay after the cruise I couldn't find anywhere else as nice for the same amount of money. After our hassles getting off the ship on July 16th to be able to walk up the road to the hotel in 2 minutes and book into a cool oasis of calm and luxury was out of this world. We were in the pool within half an hour cooling off!!! I have photos of the rooms, pool and snooker room if you'd like more. My email is jjones147@hotmail.com. The location is also good for sighseeing - just across the road by the cruise terminal you can get on the 'hop on hop off' tour buses and there is also a station for the Sky train. Just 100 yards down the street is the entrance to Gastown with the steam clock and lots of shops and restaurants. The station is also there with entrances to the SeaBus terminal if you want to go across to North Vancouver to Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge. You can buy a day ticket to cover Skytrain, SeaBus and other buses for $8 each which was well worth it. I think it was one of the nicest hotels and most luxurious that I've ever stayed in. We had 2 complimentary bottles of water and chocolates in the room which was a nice touch. Fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee maker, etc in the kitchen area. We thought that was just going to be in the suite but we also had it all in the King room. It was definitely more luxurious than Infinity and we couldn't wait to get back there to play snooker again! The gym is also very good with lovely views out. If there is anything else you want to know please let me know.

PS what part of Ontario are you from? I've visited Ontario three times and love it out there. I nearly moved 20 years ago but got married instead - I made the wrong choice! My aunt emigrated from Wales to Toronto 40 years ago, married out there and lived in Newmarket. I have cousins in Barrie and London and love to visit them.

Welshlady: I just emailed you -

We live just outside a really small town you've probably never heard of - but we are just southwest of Ottawa - my DH commutes an hour plus each way to work - until he retires !!!!!! - and we are 3 hours away from Toronto. But we are both originally from Nova Scotia (raised in Halifax mostly) and I will always consider myself an east coaster. But the good federal government jobs are in Ottawa - so we came here in '83 - and it's worked out well for us.

Going back to Nova Scotia for a visit and breath the salt air in a couple of weeks. (but I hate seafood - funny eh !)

I am happy to report that things are wonderful on the ship......I will give lots more details when I get home. The ship is spotless, and the staff can't do enough to make you happy.:)

Hi Bonbon !

Thanks for letting us know everything is going well. Enjoy !

Archived