More pod problems on Infinity!!!

bonbon663

[quote name='Goofyisme']The ship anchored off Sitka right now is definitely not Infinity[/quote]

I went into cruise.cal and the other ship is the Holland America Zaandam. Sitka sure sits in a beautiful bay as we were there three years ago on the Pacific Princess II.

Marilyn

[quote name='CStorm']7208[/QUOTE]
Small world CStorm....that's the same cabin we're in for our cruise! Let us know what you think (only tell me the good stuff :-) )

[quote name='bbro']Small world CStorm....that's the same cabin we're in for our cruise! Let us know what you think (only tell me the good stuff :-) )[/quote]

I plan on telling the truth and I hope allllll of it will be good ;) ! If there's anything in particular you want me to find out, let me know. I will post while I am on the ship, at least once or twice.

[quote name='bbro']Small world CStorm....that's the same cabin we're in for our cruise! Let us know what you think (only tell me the good stuff :-) )[/QUOTE]

We also have the same cabin for our Hawaii cruise in Oct. We've had this cabin a couple times on Summit and Constellation. Great cabin!

Karyn

[quote name='CStorm']I plan on telling the truth and I hope allllll of it will be good ;) ! If there's anything in particular you want me to find out, let me know. I will post while I am on the ship, at least once or twice.[/QUOTE]
Thanks CStorm! I can only think of one thing now - how windy is it on the balcony? We're both looking forward to spending time onthe balcony enjoying the world go by. If it's windy I'll pack extra warm clothes!

Enjoy your cruise!!! Can't wait to read your post when you get back.

-BB

[quote name='CStorm']I don't mind the altered itinerary, I'm just afraid it's having pod problems again and it's not going to sail at all! I'll be thrilled to be on the ship as long as it's not in Vancouver all week!!

There is a group of 7 of us and we would LOVE to meet you for a glass of bubbly!

Here's to hoping they let us on the ship and it actually sails away![/quote]

A party of 7? Wow. It should be great fun for you!

I've been thinking the same thing you have been -- just don't cancel on us! We've been planning this for way too long, and a different cruise is preferable to no cruise. This will be my first cruise of any kind, so it'll all seem new to me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm one of those newbies who has been completely depressed and scared by the nastiness, relentless negativity, and unneccessary personal attacks on this board. :(

So, yes, let's meet and toast to ... whatever happens! I leave Friday for Vancouver to spend a few days there alone before we embark on Sunday. If I stop reading the boards (which I might if they keep driving me crazy), let's meet somewhere on Infinity. I'm in 8045, with one of those larger angled balconies (one of the many GREAT tips I got from these boards -- thank you, all).

Til then,
quahog8

[quote name='quahog8']A party of 7? Wow. It should be great fun for you!

I've been thinking the same thing you have been -- just don't cancel on us! We've been planning this for way too long, and a different cruise is preferable to no cruise. This will be my first cruise of any kind, so it'll all seem new to me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm one of those newbies who has been completely depressed and scared by the nastiness, relentless negativity, and unneccessary personal attacks on this board. :(

So, yes, let's meet and toast to ... whatever happens! I leave Friday for Vancouver to spend a few days there alone before we embark on Sunday. If I stop reading the boards (which I might if they keep driving me crazy), let's meet somewhere on Infinity. I'm in 8045, with one of those larger angled balconies (one of the many GREAT tips I got from these boards -- thank you, all).

Til then,
quahog8[/quote]

We are 3 couples and my SIL. We leave TOMORROW for Seattle and then we are taking the train to Vancouver on Saturday. Very excited!!! Let's meet at Michael's at 7:30 or so for a cocktail on Sunday before dinner (I'm hoping you have late seating). You won't be able to miss us :).

Happy travels!
Christine

Just take layers. We wore our sweatshirts a few times on deck but we only wore coats a couple of times - at Hubbard Glacier and on deck walking. the balconies are pretty sheltered and we ate there a few times. Once we were chilly and just put on our bathrobes! We had very good weather though on July 9th-16th sailing so perhaps we were lucky. Hope you have a good week.
Judith

[quote name='Welshlady']Just take layers. We wore our sweatshirts a few times on deck but we only wore coats a couple of times - at Hubbard Glacier and on deck walking. the balconies are pretty sheltered and we ate there a few times. Once we were chilly and just put on our bathrobes! We had very good weather though on July 9th-16th sailing so perhaps we were lucky. Hope you have a good week.
Judith[/QUOTE]
Thanks Judith! I've got lots of layers, so I think we'll be fine.

[quote name='florisdekort']CStorm, have a great cruise!!! :D I am looking forward to reading your thoughts/review when you get back!

Best Regards,
Floris[/quote]

Thanks Floris, I hope to. I'm trying to switch one of my excursions b/c X changed the itinerary, flipping Ketchikan and Sitka. At least I know before I get on board so I can work on it here for free!! I'm not all that thrilled with having to tender in Ketchikan and missing 1 1/2 hours there, we don't arrive until 2pm and are there until 9:30pm which is a formal night. Not the best, but it could be worse, we could be staying home!!;) We're trying to make the best of it.

Just a quick update. (I'm running out of internet time). Things are fantastic!! The weather is kind of crappy, but can't spoil the beauty here. We had a wonderful time in Sitka, and Hubbard glacier today. It was magnificant. Something very special. The shows have been great, everything is superb so far. I will let you know how things are when I get home and internet access is free. LOL. Juneau tomorrow, can't wait, wasn't keen on the tender thing. I was stuck by a windy rainy door.... ARRGGH!! Oh well, it's an adventure.

Good night all!!:)

[quote name='CStorm']Bonbon,
If you should post soon, would you please let me know if they have changed formal night because of the shortened time in Ketchikan.

I hope your cruise is going great!!
Thanks![/quote]

Same formal nights.....it's soooo much fun dressing up...but I have LOTS to say about people clothes...that will be a whole topic when I get home.
HILARIOUS!!!:D

I am soooo glad everything's going well - can't wait for BonBon's reviews - sounds like it will make for fun reading !! I am soooo jealous of everyone going this year ! oh well, our cruise is officially [B]less [/B]than one year away now since we will be spending 3 days in Vancouver - we depart July 26/07 !!! got the luggage, got the clothes ! just got my passport !!! now I wait.........

Best of luck to CStorm and everyone else ! have a blast !!

We've just come back from several days in Vancouver, before and after our cruise. If you want any info, tips, hotels, etc. let me know -perhaps I can help! It's a lovely city and I would love to visit there again. Perhaps in 10 years time for our 10th anniversary as we got married there on Infinity on July 9th!

Welshlady - I'll take any tips, help, etc. My DH has spent lots of time in Vancouver but it was years ago. I was going to look for an 'affordable' hotel, but my DH has decided instead of retiring in Nov.06, he's staying until April 07 arrrrrrrgh ! so, I've decided it's going to cost him ! LOL !!we're going comfortable - either Hampton Inn & Suites or Westin Grande (all suites) unless someone has any other suggestions for a nice suite hotel. We will be there for 3 nights which gives us 2 full days to tour the city. the only "[B]must do[/B]" I have so far is the [B]Aquarium[/B] - so if you want to suggest something, feel free. I don't think we'll have time to get to Victoria - I like to pace my sightseeing instead of burn myself out trying to see too much.
Restaurants - I'm a basic eater - meat and potatoes - maybe a little upscale french cuisine for one night - or top notch steakhouse.

Congrats on your wedding ! we will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary (the day we sail) - couldn't wait for 25 !!!!! this is our[B] [I]trip of a lifetime[/I][/B] !

I looks Infinity is oke and people are having a great time. From what i've seen on the webcam, is that the ship a full hour visited the Hubbard Glacier. Everything is on schedule and I'm happy for all on board.

[B]Sooooo excited:[/B]

This: [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39[/URL] is the Canada board site, which should have lots of restaurant and hotel recommendations

The Museum of Anthropology in Vancouver at the University of British Columbia is one of the best museums of its kind I've ever seen. If you're interested in art, you will see the most incredible collection of First Nations work here! It's located on the campus, but we took a cab and spent 3 hours there. We could have stayed longer....the building houses incredible masks, clothing, sculptures, beadwork, totems etc. There is an outdoor area also with very large totems and a clan house.

The totem poles here are [B][I]REAL[/I][/B] unlike the ones you'll see in Stanley Park (which are more like Disney totems), and [B][I]HUGE.[/I][/B] When we were there last year, there was a discount coupon for it in the yellow pages phone book (of all places) in our hotel!!

[URL="http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/Canada/Province_of_British_Columbia/Vancouver-903183/Things_To_Do-Vancouver-Museum_of_Anthropology-BR-1.html"]http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/Canada/Province_of_British_Columbia/Vancouver-903183/Things_To_Do-Vancouver-Museum_of_Anthropology-BR-1.html[/URL]

Bon Bon - I have read with interest your posts before your cruise, and it has been great to read about your cruise "as it is happening"! It is so awesome of you to be doing this for the rest of us still on land. Glad that the early problems seem to have been taken care of and that your cruise is back on schedule. :D

I always believe that attitude is crucial when it comes to vacations, and that if you can laugh rather than cry when things sometimes go a different way, then it is so much better. Just think of it as a new adventure! Something unexpected that you will always remember because it just happened. From your posts both before and now, I can see that your vacation will be a great one because you choose it to be.

Happy sailing, and we all look forward to your posts when you get back!

Archived