More pod problems on Infinity!!!

bonbon663

I'm on the Infinity now, we're just outside of Vancouver, and there has just been an announcement that there is a problem with the pod propulsion system, and we're anchoring. They say engineers are looking at it now!! Do you believe it??!! So, we're stopped. WHo knows what's going to happen now. I thought my worries were over when I boarded. Evidently not!!:mad:

I'm beat, been a really long day, I'm off to bed, hopefully we're not sitting here when I wake up. I'll let you all know what's going on......I'm ssoooooo worried the trip will be a bust. :confused:

I'm on the Infinity now, we're just outside of Vancouver, and there has just been an announcement that there is a problem with the pod propulsion system, and we're anchoring. They say engineers are looking at it now!! Do you believe it??!! So, we're stopped. WHo knows what's going to happen now. I thought my worries were over when I boarded. Evidently not!!:mad:

Hi Bonbon !

I am sorry to hear this news. When you have a chance, please try to keep us posted.

From the bridge-cam archives it looks like she has started to move shortly before 2am. Pictures a mostly black, but a light source appears to have moved out of the field of view.

Hope eveything (including the propulsion system :rolleyes: ) is working properly now.

Can someone please tell me how you look at the archives on the webcam? I can't seem to figure that one out. :confused:

Hi CStorm

http://www.celebrityatsea.com/ choose for example Infinity-->Archives--> bridge cam

like this.....

http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?Value=8&Loc=CI2

Choose the day and select the pictures you want.

DaneViking

OMG...I hope the OP get sback to us with word...but then again, no news is good news. If he doesn't post that would likely mean he's off having a great time!! :)

I think she's just in bed! It's only 5am on the ship and she was up at midnight. I'm sure she will get back to us asap.

Bonbon, if you read this, what about the virus?? Any word on that??

I'm beat, been a really long day, I'm off to bed, hopefully we're not sitting here when I wake up. I'll let you all know what's going on......I'm ssoooooo worried the trip will be a bust. :confused:

Make sure you run down to the front desk and Demand an open bar for the whole ship for the time lost. ;)

Well, I woke up, and we're moving along. I don't know at what speed, but at least we're moving. We just had a lovely room service breakfast. The weather is very chilly today, glad I packed a fleece jacket. We had visions of eating on our balcony....no way....brrrr. There have been no announcements today, so, I'm assuming all is well. There have been letters sent to the cabins talking about careful washing of hands etc. They also advise if you're sick to report it to the medical staff. Outside all the dining areas, there seems to be staff there telling people to sanitize their hands.

I haven't heard of anyone getting sick yet, but it's early days. The ship is absolutely beautiful, and the staff are second to none in making sure we're happy. So, far, I'm VERY impressed, but keep in mind this is my first cruise, and I'm very easy to please. I will write more later, as I feel some responsibility to all you folks who have helped me to get read for this cruise.

Let you know how it's going.

Donna

My friend just returned on Sunday from last week's sailing - they all had a great time and had nothing but positive things to say about the cruise (once they left the terminal). Food, entertainment, staff courtesy, ship cleanliness etc. he said was fantastic. It too was his first cruise experience. Staff were encouraging the cleaning of hands etc.

Even though we were watching the web cam and saw what appeared might be poor weather - he said it was beautiful all but one day! Cooler in the 60's but just fine for short sleeves on the ship with the sun beaming down. He was by the pool every day and walked the route each morning.

I too can hardly wait - he was so upbeat when telling me about the expreience...........4 week countdown for me!!

Enjoy the updates...............but don't go bankrupt on web fees in the process....enjoy one of those fine specialty drinks

Well, I woke up, and we're moving along. I don't know at what speed, but at least we're moving.

Good to hear you are moving. From the webcam archive it appears that you started to move at about 2am, so you may be behind schedule. Hope they will be able to catch up.

DaneViking

We are moving along, and just had an announcement that our arrival to Sitka will be an hour late. I forgot to mention earlier that the itinerary has changed. It's now....Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Junuea, Ketchikan, inside passage, then vancouver. The captain did say we would stay an extra hour in Sitka to make up for the delay getting there, so, no biggie. It is very foggy, hard to see anything. Anyhow...I went to a lecture about shopping in the ports......DON"T GO!! waste of time unless you plan to spend a whole lot of money on diamonds. Ok, off to the spa to get all dolled up for formal night. I can't wait. Although, with the motion of the ship, I feel as though I'm drunk all the time, should be interesting with heels on...:eek:

Bon bon

Enjoy, you are so right to get dolled up and here - if the ship "wobbles" and you have your heels on - grab the nearest good looking officer. Works a treat every time. I really hope that you get blown away by the beauty of Alaska and the stresses of the last few days melt away with the ice

AJ

Well, I woke up, and we're moving along. I don't know at what speed, but at least we're moving. We just had a lovely room service breakfast. The weather is very chilly today, glad I packed a fleece jacket. We had visions of eating on our balcony....no way....brrrr. There have been no announcements today, so, I'm assuming all is well. There have been letters sent to the cabins talking about careful washing of hands etc. They also advise if you're sick to report it to the medical staff. Outside all the dining areas, there seems to be staff there telling people to sanitize their hands.

I haven't heard of anyone getting sick yet, but it's early days. The ship is absolutely beautiful, and the staff are second to none in making sure we're happy. So, far, I'm VERY impressed, but keep in mind this is my first cruise, and I'm very easy to please. I will write more later, as I feel some responsibility to all you folks who have helped me to get read for this cruise.

Let you know how it's going.

Donna

Hi Donna !

I am glad to hear things seem ok. Please keep us posted. I hope you have a wonderful time !

Archived